PDA

View Full Version : Little escape artist!

Debra
01-11-2014, 08:14 PM
We left this morning about 8:30 and didn't get home until 2 pm. When we got home, I let Amber and Frankie out of their cages. As I was doing this, I asked Jerry if I should let Lucy out of her cage. He said to wait until we got everything out of the car and he could sit down with her. I said ok and then turned my attention to Lucy to explain to her (I know, crazy bird lady). Where was she? Sitting on TOP of her cage! The little stinker let herself out of her cage! No telling when she did it either or just where she had gone while we were out. We have ladders going from the floor to her cage so she can come and go as she pleases when she's out. 6 hours of unsupervised out of cage time! Will be double checking everything from now on, let me tell you.

Honesty
01-11-2014, 08:23 PM
LOL, I bet Lucy just loved that :) At least she stayed on top of her cage and did not go on a major destruction adventure while you were out! lol

spiritbird
01-11-2014, 09:51 PM
Oh Lucy the tales you could tell us.

Mare
01-12-2014, 02:41 AM
I was ready to add what Wendy said! If that happened at my house...Yikes! I'm afraid to even imagine what I would come home to!

Rita
01-12-2014, 11:49 AM
Oh my Debra,
That smart Lucy. Scarry thought when you think what could have gone wrong. I have experienced this too.
Getting up in the morning and then discovering that my U2 Maxi is free in the livingroom because I forgot to put her back in the cage at night when I went upstairs to my bedroom to sleep.
I've done the same now and then with my CAG Alex too. Both are fully flighted! There was a little damage but it could have been so much more.

Greetings from the Netherlands,
Rita

Debra
01-12-2014, 05:45 PM
Yeah, we were surprised there wasn't any damage to be found. She's really a good little girl, with a mean streak. lol

Blancaej
01-14-2014, 06:53 PM
I've come home to find Quincy out of his cage. Very rarely, but it has happened. I almost think he knows when we are not here and doesn't want to explore the house when he knows he is alone. LOL! luckily for me, he never got into any trouble! Glad Lucy is ok. :)

Maddy
01-16-2014, 11:53 AM
:th_LOL: Jester used let himself out of his cage, but I fixed his door so now he can't. :th_biggrin: