PDA

View Full Version : If At First You Don't Succeed...Try, Try Again!

Blancaej
01-09-2014, 07:47 PM
So I haven't done so well in the weight loss department as I had hoped. I actually ended up gaining 20lbs from my lowest weight in 2013. Not exactly what I had planned. But I am extremely motivated to get back on and stay on. I started on Monday and all is going well so far!

I have started a blog to track my weight loss journey and to help keep me motivated and accountable. So I am trying to get people to come along on my journey with me. The more people that read it, the more motivated I will stay! So check it out if you need to lose weight and would like support and encouragement. Or, to help support me as I emabark on my journey to be healthy and fit!

Here is the link: [Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

Pinkbirdy
01-10-2014, 02:46 AM
WOW Blanca ,Im so impressed . What a good way to keep tabs on yourself . Im having a hell of a time myself. I eat right [its getting to that everyday running thing for me. ] I ran 3 miles on New years day . But then the weather got ridiculous here. Its hard to get that momentive going> It gets harder and harder as I age .I have to work really hard to see any results.

Blancaej
01-10-2014, 03:30 PM
WOW Blanca ,Im so impressed . What a good way to keep tabs on yourself . Im having a hell of a time myself. I eat right [its getting to that everyday running thing for me. ] I ran 3 miles on New years day . But then the weather got ridiculous here. Its hard to get that momentive going> It gets harder and harder as I age .I have to work really hard to see any results.

It is so hard Terri! I am impressed that you ran 3 miles on New Years Day! Especially being so cold. This time of year it is definitely hard to stay motivated! I find that age does play a big roll! But we just have to keep plugging at it, right?! I think this blog will really help me stay motivated and hold me accountable for everything I do! So far so good! Good luck getting back to running. Do you have a treadmill you can run on?

Honesty
01-10-2014, 05:11 PM
Good luck with this Blanca. We will be here to keep you motivated :)

Blancaej
01-10-2014, 05:34 PM
I appreciate that Wendy! :th_wink:

Mare
01-10-2014, 09:26 PM
You GO, Blanca! Good for you! I've never been really heavy but had always felt fat. Never been anorexic but probably would have if I had more will power! :th_biggrin: Making good choices with what you eat and getting some exercise, will help melt those extra pounds right off. Good luck to you and I'm loving your blog! :goodjob:

Blancaej
01-10-2014, 09:29 PM
Thanks Mare! That is very much appreciated! I know I can get the rest of my weight off once and for all! Glad you are enjoying the blog. I have had more fun posting on it! :th_biggrin:

kendrafitz
01-11-2014, 01:34 PM
I finally had time to sit and read your blog. You are a great writer and you have been on a wonderful journey. I love the love story about your husband.

You are doing such a great job!!! Congrats, it is not easy. You should be very proud of how far you have come already, despite the summer!!

When I turned 40, I decided to get off the diet merry go round. I have been a constant dieter since my teenage years. I have a seemingly adverse reaction to healthy foods and my body only seems to like junk. My body also does not like to exert itself in the form of exercise. ;) So that leads to yo yo dieting. Sadly, most of my friends are the same way. One of my closest friends would use her points to eat Hershey Kisses instead of a meal when we did Weight Watchers! We still tease her about it, she is a true junk food junkie. I am not that bad, but certainly close to it. I am hoping your story will get my fire lit to get back on a diet. Thank you for sharing your journey and inspiring others!!

The Ninja looks awesome. One of my husbands coworkers gave him a bullet and we use it periodically to make kale smoothies. It is amazing how much easier it is for me to get my fruits/veggies down if they are in a yummy smoothie. :) If you come across an especially yummy smoothie, I would love the recipe!

Blancaej
01-12-2014, 06:07 AM
I finally had time to sit and read your blog. You are a great writer and you have been on a wonderful journey. I love the love story about your husband.

You are doing such a great job!!! Congrats, it is not easy. You should be very proud of how far you have come already, despite the summer!!

When I turned 40, I decided to get off the diet merry go round. I have been a constant dieter since my teenage years. I have a seemingly adverse reaction to healthy foods and my body only seems to like junk. My body also does not like to exert itself in the form of exercise. ;) So that leads to yo yo dieting. Sadly, most of my friends are the same way. One of my closest friends would use her points to eat Hershey Kisses instead of a meal when we did Weight Watchers! We still tease her about it, she is a true junk food junkie. I am not that bad, but certainly close to it. I am hoping your story will get my fire lit to get back on a diet. Thank you for sharing your journey and inspiring others!!

The Ninja looks awesome. One of my husbands coworkers gave him a bullet and we use it periodically to make kale smoothies. It is amazing how much easier it is for me to get my fruits/veggies down if they are in a yummy smoothie. :) If you come across an especially yummy smoothie, I would love the recipe!

Thanks Kendra & thank you for the encouragement.

I don't like diets either after all diet is just die with a t. Lol! I like to call it healthy eating. ;)

I think many of us have been there with the yoyo! I am not one who loves veggies. I find the best thing that works for me is taking my favorite dishes and making them healthier.

I hope I can inspire some to move forward. Because if I can do it, anyone can!

The smoothie maker is awesome! Especially for those of us who think junk food is a food group. ;) I hope to definitely post recipes along the way!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

josiesmom
01-12-2014, 01:57 PM
Good luck! The blog is a great idea! I will be checking it often. Is there a way for us to post comments of encouragement and/or ideas? I am also working to change my lifestyle as I have a wedding to look good for this year. I've also signed up for a dirty girl 5k mud run in May so I definitely have to get my butt in gear for that. We really watch our carb intake which is really difficult at first but becomes second nature after a few weeks. When I cut out sugar, I have so much more energy. Good luck to you and anyone else who embarks on the healthy lifestyle/weight loss journey in 2014.

Blancaej
01-12-2014, 07:49 PM
Thank you Anita! You can post comments but will need a Google sign in to do so. You can sign up for one if you don't already have one.

I would love comments from my readers! Good luck getting ready for your 5k! Sounds like fun!

Blancaej
01-14-2014, 07:04 PM
Lost 4.2lbs my first week! Woohoo! That is a great start! I post on my blog daily. Feel free to check it out!

Honesty
01-14-2014, 07:54 PM
Thats fantastic Blanca. You are doing really well :th_chickendance:

Blancaej
01-14-2014, 08:45 PM
Thanks Wendy! :D

Minamommy
01-14-2014, 10:50 PM
Wow Blanca what a great idea!! I too am now a yo yo dieter. My problem is I just don't eat all day till supper time. My metabolism is at ground 0. I have started recently with the help of Mina since she has decided to be anorexic bird! I take fruits veggies yogurt up on a plate and we share. I lost 4 pounds and Mina gained .9 grams then lost then gained grr.

Blanca have you ever thought of writing? You are very good at it.

Blancaej
01-15-2014, 12:56 AM
Thanks Kim! It's nice when are birds help us eat better. :)

Have you tried small snacks throughout the day? That would be better then nothing. It's hard finding what works for each of us.

I love writing! So the blog is fun for me. I'm not the best speller, but spell check helps with that most of the time. Thank you for the compliment! :)

Turquoise
01-18-2014, 05:18 AM
Great job with your blog and the weight check. You are doing a fabulous job of sticking to it!!:th_hug8: Your blog is very interesting. i have a Google sign in so when I have time to get back to the blog I shall give you a few comments!:pinkgrin:

All my life as a child and teen, plus in my 20s I could eat anything I wanted and I stayed slim. I am very short and have always been well muscled with no effort (meaning I hate exercise, but could build muscles by just plain hard work). But boy once you reach old age & get 'Over The Hill' it all changes!! :( Now anything I eat seems to rush to my hips & stomach and fights me to stay put!! :crycry2:

I was always a junk food junkie and I still am to a point. I will binge on something til I literally hate the sight of it later. I just don't do that everyday and I take spells of different things I will binge on. Then there are days I will not eat much of anything or nothing that is not good for me. I change my choices daily, so I am not a good candidate for diets of any kind as I will not eat something I hate or am forced to eat to lose weight. I don't have a lot to lose, but I do need to lose weight as when I do drop a few lbs I feel so much better. I know if I get the amount I need off I will really feel good! :giggle:

Maddy
01-18-2014, 06:24 AM
That's awesome! Good luck!

Blancaej
01-28-2014, 02:26 PM
Weighed in this morning and I'm down another 4 pounds. So a total of 8.3lbs lost! If you want to read all about my last two weeks, be sure to check out my blog! I have now updated it so anyone can comment on the blog. You don't need a google sign on to comment, now. Just comment as "anonymous", but sign your name so I know it was you!

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

Anyone else want to share their progress?

kendrafitz
02-03-2014, 12:57 PM
Blanca - you have inspired me! My husband and I did a smoothie cleanse last week. We are starting the Trim Healthy Mama plan today. :). Just wanted to thank you for sharing and inspiring.

Pinkbirdy
02-03-2014, 01:17 PM
Blanca - you have inspired me! My husband and I did a smoothie cleanse last week. We are starting the Trim Healthy Mama plan today. :). Just wanted to thank you for sharing and inspiring. Kendra whats that?

Blancaej
02-03-2014, 05:31 PM
Blanca - you have inspired me! My husband and I did a smoothie cleanse last week. We are starting the Trim Healthy Mama plan today. :). Just wanted to thank you for sharing and inspiring.

Glad I could help inspire you Kendra! :)

kendrafitz
02-03-2014, 07:08 PM
Terri - It is something one of my Facebook friends recommended when I posted pics of my hideously gross smoothies. :) It is a book written by two sisters and they have a website as well as a page on Facebook. Basically not starving, but eating foods together in a way that doesn't raise your insulin levels. I can't recommend it yet, but the woman who recommended it lost 25 lbs in 6 months and still eats out and gets to eat sweets and chocolate. That was all I had to hear. :) I am the worst junk food junkie!

Blancaej
02-04-2014, 12:09 AM
Sounds intriguing, what's the name of the book?

kendrafitz
02-04-2014, 01:08 AM
Trim Healthy Mama: No More Fads! Serene Allison/Pearl Barrett

Minamommy
03-02-2014, 03:00 AM
Best of luck Blanca.

Blancaej
03-02-2014, 08:06 PM
Thanks Kim!

Just for a quick update. I am down a total of 10.8 pounds as of Feb. 15th. I will weigh in again in about a week or two. I keep a daily log of how I am doing on my blog. Check it out at:

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

How is everyone else doing??