PDA

View Full Version : Looks like this will be my 'hang out'

HisAngel
01-09-2014, 06:05 PM
I have decided that a cockatiel will be my first bird. :) So excited :th_chickendance: , Ive got some feelers out looking for a male in the next little bit. In the end it came down to dove, GCC, and a tiel. So, with interactiveness, and friendliness in mind, I think a tiel will be the best choice for our family. He will be primarily mine, but Im hoping he'll also enjoy the company of my kiddos and hubs now and then too. :)

Will continue to read, but this is the bird we've chosen. YAY!

Honesty
01-09-2014, 06:39 PM
Great choice :th_biggrin: Good luck in your search, and look forward to seeing him when he finally arrives :th_heart:

Blancaej
01-09-2014, 07:31 PM
That is a wonderful choice! I've heard so many good things about tiels. Good luck with finding "the one" and I am looking forward to meeting him when you get him! :)

spiritbird
01-09-2014, 07:41 PM
I applaud you decision. While I have never had a cockatiel I do watch them in the stores and they seem so friendly and active. Good luck!

coltfire
01-10-2014, 04:28 AM
Good decision, they make great first birds , then lets see how long it takes to add to lol

HisAngel
01-10-2014, 02:36 PM
Good decision, they make great first birds , then lets see how long it takes to add to lol

Muahahahaha We shall see. I'd love a CAG or a rainbow lory someday in the future. This fellow will bring the pet count to 10 and so we'll be capped for awhile. But I do tend to prefer to have at least 2 of the same kind of pet. Someone who knows their own language kwim? I feel like even if they arent buddies or BFFs just having one of their own around is probably good for them. I dont know Im weird like that. lol

I'm hoping the small breeder I found will be good. He's got 2 albino babies that I am going to see next week. Still waiting to hear from a couple others, my first choice doesnt have any babies right now, but has made themselves available to me for guidance and questions when they arise. :) YAY

Debra
01-10-2014, 03:21 PM
You'll never regret getting a tiel. I've got 6 of them. I think they may just be my favorites. Yeah, my quakers interact/talk with me more, but just listening to and watching the tiels makes me so happy. I can't wait to see what baby you get!