PDA

View Full Version : As a new member since today I would like to introduce myself to you all!

Rita
01-06-2014, 12:22 PM
Hello members of “Precisely Parrots”,

As a new member of “Precisely Parrots” since today (Monday the 6th. of January 2014) I would like to take the opportunity to introduce myself to you all and tell you a bit more about my pets.

My name is Rita Wien, I’m 50, single and I live in the Netherlands, so I’m Dutch. English isn’t my first language, so sometimes I will make some mistakes writing in English.
I hope you will forgive me for that.

In 2005 I bought my first parrots, a pair of blue Forpus Coelestis. They had a male baby 3 years in a row (2006, 2007 and 2008). Sadly both parrents and the youngest son have died by now.
I still have the two oldest sons.
But with these wonderful experiences of being able to witness the breeding-proces and the care of those two little birds for their young, my parrot-passion started to develop.

In September 2008 I added a pair of Cockatiels (Chico & Kuif). Sadly the female Kuif passed away at the 11th of October 2013.
In November 2008 I introduced my beautiful and sweet male Jenday Conure Jopie to my flock.

At the 13th of February I bought my two longhair Chihuahua’s Vicky (brown) & her daughter Lisa (Blue-merle). Lisa was 13 weeks old then and her mother was just 17 months old.
Vicky had had her first litter of 3 (all females!) at the tender age of just 14 months. The breeders let her get pregnant on purpose at that much too young age.
Lisa was the oldest pup of her litter.
The second pup (a dark-merle coloured, just like her father) was already sold. The youngest one, a very tiny black-and-tan stayed with the breeders.
They told me that Vicky was on sale too. So as soon as I knew how young she had been forced to get puppies I decided to buy her too.
I wanted to save Vicky from being abused as a breeder any longer and that way she and her oldest pup Lisa could stay together forever. And that was a very good decision.
Vicky & Lisa are always together. They are best friends and they love to playfight together which they do often.
They both are very protective when it comes to me, my father, my car and my house and they are very defensive, even agressive, to other larger dogs.
Strange enough they aren’t with dogs their own size or smaller. But during our walks we of corse almost always meet larger dogs, because they are so small themselves.
They love me very very much and I love them! They mean the world to me.

The 25th of February 2009 my female Double Yellow Headed Amazone named Beertje came to live with me.
She didn’t have a good life before I got her. She’s in her late thirties (so almost 40!) and we bonded rather fast.

At the first of July 2009 I bought a female Greencheek Conure (Cinamon mutation) and 2 other Cockatiels. They were not tame.
I introduced the Greencheek Conure to Jopie rightaway and they bonded immediately. I named the Greencheek Conure Kiwi.

Then, at the 25th of August 2009 I bought a baby Umbrella Cockatoo and a baby Congo African Grey in a parrotshop and both came to live with me at the 27th of August 2009.
They were very young at that moment, about 7 (U2) and 6 (Grey) weeks old, so I had to handfeed them myself.
Looking back with what I do know now about parrots they were too young, but luckely everything went well.
The Congo African Grey turned out to be a male, so I named him Alex in honnor of the late Alex from Dr. Irene Pepperberg.
The Umbrella Cockatoo turned out to be a female and I named her Maxi.
Since the tender age they came into my life, they grew up together. They share their cage and toys.
Their wings are not clipped, so each day when they have their “out of their cage”-time at my livingroom they enjoy to fly. They love to fly.
After flying they play with all the parrot toys hanging from the ceiling and then they come to sit near to me or on top of me to relax and interact with me and eachother.
It’s such a joy to have them in my life.
Alex developed to be a very well speaking African Grey. His voice is very clear and can be understood very well.
He of course speaks Dutch, although he also says “I love you” (his only English text). I am so proud at him and his speaking-skills.
Alex is a sweet rascal. He likes it to challenge especially Beertje, but also Jopie and Kiwi and my two longhaired Chihuahua’s Vicky (brown) and her daughter Lisa (blue-merle) and my cat Trijntje.
Maxi is very caring and sweet, to me and also to Alex. She loves to preen his feathers and she sometimes begs Alex for food. Alex does respond regularly by feeding her with food from his crop.
Alex does not always want to be preened, so Maxi always approach him very carefully, making sweet sounds and saying “lekker hè” (nice huh), the only thing she can say.
She waits for his response then.
When Alex is in the mood for a preening-treatment from Maxi he let her do her thing and he at the same time, as a response, often starts to preen her feathers too.
They are so caring and sweet to eachother. I enjoy to watch them interact with eachother and be playful and happy.

My other hobby is photography and guess who are my models most of the time?
Yes ofcourse my pets, especially my beautiful birds, but of course also my beautiful Chihuahuas and my female tortoiseshell cat Trijntje.
Right now my cat Trijntje, age 13, is sick. It's serious, because she might have a tumor in her nose. I’ll expect the lab-results of the vet this week. I used to have 3 cats.
My big sweet wonderful red tomcat Thijs passed away at age 17 at the 12th. of November 2012.
My sweet deaf white tomcat King passed away at the 25th. of February 2013. He was 8 almost 9, but he had serious health-issues like the heartfailure HCM and dry eyes syndrom.
I still miss my 2 beautiful sweet tomcats. Luckely I do have many photo’s and video’s of them though.

The 12th of August 2012 I bought a parrot-buggy (which is a converted secondhand baby-buggy), which makes it a lot easier to take my parrots on a walk with me.
All my birds are flighted. I am against clipping wings.
Maxi wears an Aviator Harness when I take her outside. She is very helpful when I put the harness on.
In August 2012 I started flying her outside with a long line attached to the Aviatoir Harness and this went very well.
Beertje makes a lot of problems when I try to put her Aviator Harness on. But when I manage to put it on and she wears it, then it is okay.
Alex totaly freaks out when he sees the Aviator Harness. It’s just impossible to put it on so he goes into the travel-cage then and I can put the whole travelcage at the parrot-buggy.
This works out very well.
They all enjoy to go outside with me. And I love to take them on walks.
My two Chihuahua’s jump by themselves into the basket at the bottom of the buggy. They did that at the first moment they saw that buggy in the sellers garden.
So, during walks they sit in that basket together and let themselve be driven, without walking themselves at all. They are rather lazy.
They only jump out when they see another dog and also for pooping and peeing.

Well, that’s all I have to tell you right now. I hope I will enjoy to be a member of “Precisely Parrots”.
It was "Precisely Parrots"- “Honesty” who invited me to join this parrot-group.
I look forward to get to know other members from “Pecisely Parrots” and their parrot(s) and other pets, so I do look forward to hear from you all!

Greetings from the Netherlands,
Rita

Honesty
01-06-2014, 01:25 PM
:hello: Rita and welcome to PP. Thank you for joining us :)

I have really enjoyed reading your introduction post. It sounds like you have a wonderful relationship with your birds and other pets :)

We look forward to seeing lots of photo's and video's of your flock!

Debra
01-06-2014, 02:18 PM
Hello and welcome! Sounds like you have a wonderful and lively house with all your birds, dogs, and cat. I can't wait to hear some stories about them all. Pictures are very welcomed and wanted here.

Rita
01-06-2014, 02:31 PM
Thanks Debra,

I'm trying to add 14 photo's in my first album, but............................ I can't figure out how to do it.
What is the maximum size of photos the be used at this forum?
I also have problems with my profile-photo allthough I downsized it to 98 x 100 pixels.

Debra, tell me some more about yourself and your flock please. I see a lot of budgies, cockatiels and Frankie and Amber are "munk-parrotlets" or so. I'can't remember the right name in English right now.

Rita

Rita
01-06-2014, 02:34 PM
Hello Wendy,

It's good to hear you enjoyed reading my introduction-text. Yes indeed, I have a wonderful relation with my birds and other pets. They mean the world to me.

I'm trying to add 14 photo's in my first album, but............................ I can't figure out how to do it.
I also have problems with my profile-photo allthough I downsized it to 98 x 100 pixels.
Can you help me with uploading photo's and a profile-photo. I want to do that from my own computer.

Rita

Honesty
01-06-2014, 02:53 PM
Hi Rita.

The maximum for a profile picture is 100x100. It should automatically adjust when you upload it?

Here is the link on how to post pics, create Albums, insert video's and sizes, etc.

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

If you have any problems, just give me a shout :)

spiritbird
01-06-2014, 03:17 PM
Welcome Rita and critters. Happy you joined us and I know you will be too. I am so looking forward to seeing your photo gems. :th_welcomesign:

Blancaej
01-06-2014, 03:30 PM
:hello: & Welcome Rita! Thank you for the wonderful introduction! Sounds like you love all your pets dearly! I look forward to seeing some pics. Especially that converted buggy. Sounds cool!

Debra
01-06-2014, 03:41 PM
Thanks Debra,

Debra, tell me some more about yourself and your flock please. I see a lot of budgies, cockatiels and Frankie and Amber are "munk-parrotlets" or so. I'can't remember the right name in English right now.

Rita

Frankie and Little Amber are in fact monk parakeets, also known as Quaker parrots. They are fun little ones too. Frankie will talk his head off at times. He loves interacting with people as long as he's on his cage. He's not too comfortable when off his cage. Little Amber is a little more brave when off her cage, but only if she's on her towel. Strange, huh. She doesn't talk much only saying her name and "good girl".

The tiels and budgies have a room to themselves and are never locked in their cages. Most are tame enough to be handled, although two tiels prefer to only be talked to and not touched.

plax
01-06-2014, 06:08 PM
Greetings, Rita! Thanks so much for your descriptive introduction :). We are happy that you've joined our community.

I'm truly sorry to hear about Trijntje's illness. I hope the very best outcome on her test results! There is one thing that I will caution you about relating to your statement quoted below...

Alex is a sweet rascal. He likes it to challenge especially Beertje, but also Jopie and Kiwi and my two longhaired Chihuahua’s Vicky (brown) and her daughter Lisa (blue-merle) and my cat Trijntje.

Please don't allow cats (or larger dogs) to physically interact with your birds. We consider this a very serious concern here, especially since recently some of our members have lost cherished birds to their cats. Things may go well for years, leading to much trust... then in a mere instant a treasured bird becomes seriously injured or killed. It's best not to take the chance, even when your animals seem to get along very well. And please don't take offense to this. I am simply concerned with pet bird safety. One can't be too careful when it comes to protecting our fragile feathered ones!

I'm looking forward to seeing your photos :)

Rita
01-06-2014, 06:41 PM
Thank you Wendy!
I'm going to save this site-address and look at it later.
I've uploaded my 14 photo's again.
When I clicked on the first photo I received this message: "Invalid Picture specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator".
It's driving me a bit crazy now.

Greetings,
Rita

Rita
01-06-2014, 06:55 PM

I've just typed in a whole text answering your reaction, but when I added a picture, the hole text was gone.
So now I have to type in a new text. Here it is:

The vet just called about my cat Trijntje and the lab-results. No tumor-cells were found, but................ she still might have a tumor located further downworths or so. It's to strange her nose-bone is breaking down into fluid. The vet didn't know what to do now. She adviced me to coninue with the medication and keep an eye on her.
I only have one cat now. I used to have 3. My sweet tomcats Thijs and King passed away in November 2012 and February 2013.
All my cats left the coutch or the room as soon as my parrots (most of the time CAG Alex) came to near. Less then an armlenght was "to near" for my cats.
My Chihuahuas are small dogs. Alex loves to rease them. His beak could harm my Chi's. I always supervise them when they are near to eachother and when I think enough is enough I make sure to seperate them.

My U2 Maxi alway flew to the couch when she saw that tomcat Thijs was laying there. She preened his coat for long periods of time and it was okay with Thijs. I still do have video's of that rare behaviour.

I've uploaded my 14 photo's again.
When I clicked on the first photo I received this message: "Invalid Picture specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator".
It's driving me a bit crazy now.
The added photo above is the one I would like to use as my profile photo. Size is just 98 x 100 so that should be okay, but it didn't work.

Rita

Rita
01-06-2014, 07:14 PM
Oh yes Debra, Monk Parakeets or Quaker Parrots. That's the right name of that breed.
I got near with "Munk" instead of "Monk" and "Parrotlet" instead of "Parakeets".
I love it when a small parakeet can talk. That's so special! Great your Frankie does talk a lot.
Funny that Amber wants to be on her towel when she's off her cage.
Great a room to theirselves for your budgies.

Rita

Rita
01-06-2014, 07:17 PM
Plax, I forgot to ask you. Do you really own a Hyacinth Macaw?
Please tell me a bit more about yourself, your birds and other pets!

Rita

Rita
01-06-2014, 07:22 PM
Hello Blancaej,

Glad to read you enjoyed reading my introduction.
Yes, my pets mean the world to me. I love them very much.
You do have a nice flock, when I look at that great "avatar" (is it, or am I wrong) with the 5 birds Buttercup, Coqui, Savannah, Quincy and Blueberry.
I've tried several hours to upload 14 photo's the whole afternoon, a.o. one of my parrot-buggy, but I still didn't manage to do so. I've asked Plax and Honesty for help now.
The same with my profile-photo!

Rita

Rita
01-06-2014, 07:25 PM
Thanks for your "welcome"Spiritbird!

Spiritbird, tell me some more about yourself and your birds please. I see you have two budgies named Daisy & Chipper.

Rita

Honesty
01-06-2014, 07:35 PM
Hi Rita,

When you go into your album are you following all these steps?

Click on "upload", then "select file"... this will then take you to the pics on your computer..double click on the pic you would like to upload. Once you have done this, click on "upload file" and you will see your pic appear in the top right hand corner, scroll down slightly and select "done" and then "save changes" Your pic will then be in your Album?

Rita
01-06-2014, 07:51 PM
Hello Plax, Honesty and other members that are interested to see the first 14 photo's that I've uploaded to "Precisely Parrots".
I finally managed to upload these 14 photos. I found out I forgot to click at "Save Changes", so I did that now. You can see my 14 photo's now.
It's a pity I can't add more text to each of them to explain what was going on at some of these photo's.
Enjoy my photos! I look forward to hear your responses!

Rita

Honesty
01-06-2014, 07:55 PM
Okay, I can see you have managed to upload your pics to your album and have now added your profile pic :)

You can add text to your pics by clicking on "edit pictures" on the top right hand side, you will then see a list of your pics and a box to add your text! Just remember to "save changes" when you have finished :)

You can also add your images in your album to your posts, if you would like to do this, all you need to do is click on one of your pictures so it is full size....copy it, and paste it straight into your post :)
I hope this helps :)

plax
01-06-2014, 08:06 PM
Rita: I'm happy that you've managed to get your pictures uploaded. I've just checked and I show that your profile photo has been successfully added as well. It's the one that you've referred to in your message.

My U2 Maxi alway flew to the couch when she saw that tomcat Thijs was laying there. She preened his coat for long periods of time and it was okay with Thijs. I still do have video's of that rare behaviour. That is so terribly dangerous! Many, many folks who have allowed such interactions to take place (for years in some cases) felt it was entirely safe, but ended up with dead birds. It's not something that anyone should allow. Even when the animals appear to get along well, it's not fair to impose the real risk of death or serious injury upon the birds! All it takes is one split-second incident and you have a dead parrot. There is no way to make it safe, even when you're very near the animals. A person cannot react quickly enough.

Just so you know, we cannot allow photos or videos depicting pet birds interatcing with cats and/or dogs here. We choose not to give anyone who may view such depictions the encouragement to try similar things with their own pets. It's simply too great of a risk upon the birds. Please review our announcement concerning this matter, here: [Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

I hope that Trijntje's condition turns out to be nothing serious!

To answer your subsequent question, yes, I have a Hyacinth. His name is Zaffer and he's the love of my life! I'll tell you more about him later. You can do a search using "Zaf" as the key word and plenty about him should be returned.

kendrafitz
01-06-2014, 09:47 PM
Hi Rita and welcome!!!

First of all, I absolutely love your profile pic! Alex and Maxi looks so sweet together on your shoulder.

I enjoyed reading about all of your babies. I am so sorry to hear about your cat and hope you get some good news soon. I will have to go check out your photo album so I can picture faces with your stories.

Looking forward to reading more about your adventures!

Turquoise
01-07-2014, 03:37 AM
:th_greet13:Welcome to our flock Rita! Your birds and other critters sound like a lot of fun to have around. When I am home on my computer instead of my phone with a small screen I will look at all your pretty bird photos in your album.

I have 2 Catalina macaw brothers, Roscoe & Angel. 1 Green Wing macaw female, Ruby Jewel. 1 female Eclectus, 1 Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Peta. 1 White Capped Pionus, Sierra Sunrise and 9 Budgies. That is my flock and they are all rotten right down to the bottom of their tiniest feather. I love them dearly. Will be looking forward to hearing more about your flock.

tonkatiel
01-07-2014, 03:51 AM
Welcome Rita! I loved reading your introduction, it sounds like your furred and feathered family certainly keep you busy! Hopefully everything works out alright with your cat! And in case you were wondering your English is very good!!

My name is Emma and I live in Australia. I have 10 birds all up, a Galah (rose breasted cockatoo), a Rainbow Lorikeet, a Sun Conure, a Green Cheek Conure, 3 Peachface Lovebirds, 2 Cockatiels and a Budgie! We also have a dog, a horse and 2 sheep!

Looking forward to reading more from you, Precisely Parrots is a great forum with a fantastic bunch of people (even if we are all slightly crazy lol)!

Rita
01-07-2014, 08:39 AM
Thank you Wendy.
Yesteday-evening I found out how to add texts to my photo's so I did that.
Thank you also for explaining how I can add a photo from my album into my posts.

Rita

Rita
01-07-2014, 08:48 AM
Hello Kendra,
Thank you for your welcome!
Yes, I love that profile-photo too. Maxi & Alex both show me, with there bended heads towards my cheek, how much they love me.
I have wonderful bonds with them!
Yesterday the vet called about my cat Trijntje's lab-result from ther biopsy. Allthough no cancercells were found, it's still not good.
The proces going on allready had damaged her nosebone.
Something is really wrong. She still might have a tumor, but then located further downworths so the biopsy didn't take tissue from that dept.
The vet found it very unpleasant she couldn't tell me, after the expensive boipsy etc. what the diagnoses is. And they can't help my cat either.
Her advice is to continue with her medication and watch her. She behaves no different then before.
This morning, when I was laying at the couch, she jumped on top of me, rubbing her head into my face and she wanted to be petted.
Trijntje is 13 right now.

Rita

Honesty
01-07-2014, 08:56 AM
Thank you Wendy.
Yesteday-evening I found out how to add texts to my photo's so I did that.
Thank you also for explaining how I can add a photo from my album into my posts.

RitaYou are very welcome Rita :)

I am sorry to hear about Trijnje's. Hopefully, she will recover!

Rita
01-07-2014, 08:58 AM
Hello Turquose,
Thank you for your welcome and introducing your wonderfull flock to me.
Wow, you do have impressive birds. I have to look up the Catalina Macaws (or can you please give me some more information about that breed (or mutation?))
You also own a beautiful Greenwing Macaw. WOW. I am so fond of the beautiful colour-combination of female Eclectus Parrots and you have one of those stunning birds too.
Peta looks just like my Kiwi at your fantastic flock-avatar. How by the way do you make an avatar pictutre like yours??? My Kiwi is a Cinamon Green Cheek Conure.

I have to stop writing. I need to pick up my 87-year old father at 10.00 O'Clock for a hospital-check up of his inflamed toe. I need to hurry now.

Rita

Turquoise
01-07-2014, 10:12 AM
Thanks Rita. Catalina macaws are a hybrid between a blue & gold macaw and a Scarlet macaw. They are really sweet macaws to be owned by. Roscoe is more like a B & G while his brother has more of a Scarlet personality. Angel is the older of the two brothers and has leg disabilities he was born with. He can't stand on his legs like Roscoe, but he climbs everywhere and lays across his intertwined perches when he tires of hanging on his wire. He is a joy to have here. My Ruby Jewel, the Green Wing is missing part of her left wing due to her father bird biting it off when she was 1 day old. She will never fly, is very sensitive about it but is a total sweetheart in every way. :)

My signature with my birds on it was made by Blanca, one of the SMods on the forum. She, Diane ( Spirit bird) and Maddy make beautiful signatures for members for free. Anyone of them would be more than happy to make you one. There is a thread that shows some of the signatures each one has already made and you can send the person you want to make you one a personal message about making you one. They can let you know what they need in photos after you tell them how you want it to look. I have to get my revised one up later today when I am home & can be on my computer. Blanca has my new bird, my pionus Sierra on it, now my signature will be complete.

I have noticed in photos cinnamon and pineapple green cheeks do look almost alike. There is just a small color difference to the head area it seems. Hope all goes well with your dad and the doctor visit.

Rita
01-08-2014, 08:35 AM
Hello Emma,

I love to be bussy with my furred and feathered family. That gives me so much joy!
Although no tumorcells were found in the biopsie tissue of my cat, she still might have a tumor. For sure something is very wrong with her health. The real diagnoses can't be found and the vet hated that.
Emma, you do have a wonderful flock of birds! Where in Auistralia do you live? What dog do you have? What horse and sheep do you have?

Rita

tonkatiel
01-08-2014, 08:49 AM
Hello Emma,

I love to be bussy with my furred and feathered family. That gives me so much joy!
Although no tumorcells were found in the biopsie tissue of my cat, she still might have a tumor. For sure something is very wrong with her health. The real diagnoses can't be found and the vet hated that.
Emma, you do have a wonderful flock of birds! Where in Auistralia do you live? What dog do you have? What horse and sheep do you have?

Rita

I live in country Victoria (about a 3 hour drive from Melbourne) on the Great Ocean Road :)
Our dog is an American Staffordshire Terrier, our horse is a Quarterhorse x Apaloosa and the sheep are just normal white wooly sheep I think lol, my partner is the farmer in the family, I just like to look at how cute they are ;)
Hopefully your vet will find some answers as to what is wrong with your cat soon, and hopefully its better news than expected xx

spiritbird
01-08-2014, 01:03 PM
How is the weather where you live? Are you having any changes like much of the US is having an exceptionally cold winter.
I pray you will get some ideas of what your cat's diagnosis is.

kendrafitz
01-08-2014, 01:50 PM
I hope that the vet is able to figure out what is wrong and treat it. I feel badly for you both!

Rita
01-09-2014, 11:16 AM
Hello Spiritbird, Hello Kendra Fitz,

The weather here is still warmer then normally at this time of year. About 7 till 8 degrees above the freezing-temperature.
It'll be colder in some days from now.
I've spoken to the vet yesterday again. A specialized vet looked at my cat Trijntje's X-rays.
Altrhough no tumor-cells were found in the biopsy-tissue that went to the lab, he still thinks she must have a tumor to cause the tissue-damage she has in her nose and her disapearing nose-bone.
It's just not 100% sure. I just have to make sure she's comfortable and gets her medication. There's nothing they can do for her.
I guess it's a question of weeks or maybe months till I have to let her been put to sleep, although I still can't give up the hope they are wrong and she doesn't have a tumor and the antibiotics will cure her.
Yesterday-evening I made two video's when she was jumping on my lap and greeting me constantly, rubbing her little head to my face.

Yesterday I've send a thread with two video's. I hope you will take a look at my video's (a photovideo of Maxi & Alex "in love") and a video of Alex talking.)

Rita

Rita
01-09-2014, 11:33 AM
Hello Turquoise (what is your real first name?),

Thank you for the information about your wonderful Macaws.
In the USA, Australia etc. there are much more bird-owners then here in the Netherlands.
Some people do own macaws, but hybrids are very rare. I know only one hybrid named "Ken" and he's owned by a nearby zoo (Ouwehands Dierenpark).
I read some of your macaws are disabled since hatching or since their first day, but they cope well with their disabilety and are lovely birds. That's so wonderful.
As you, I've added Spiritbird (I understand her real name is Diane) to my Precisely Parrots friends, so maybe she is willing to make a beautiful signature for me.
Thank you for this information.

I don't know the breed the Pionus Sierra yet. Since when do you have that bird? Can you tell me some more about this breed?
I understand it's a Pionus-breed, but the Sierra-type is unknown by me.

Yesterday I've sent a new thread to Precisely Parrots with my two first videos in it. One photo-video of my U2 Maxi & CAG Alex "in love" and one of my CAG talking.
I hope you will take a look and look forward at your respond.

Yes Pinaple and Cinamon look a lot like eachother.
With Pinaple they are ligher then normal colours are rather bright.
With Cinamon they are lighter then normal colours are rather soft.

Rita

Turquoise
01-09-2014, 02:21 PM
Rita, my real first name is De'Andrea. Thank you for the friends request. :)

My Pionus is a White capped or in some places you will see them referred to as White Crowned. Her name is Sierra Sunrise, that is what I chose to call her. I have a couple of threads in the Pionus section of the Species Specific forum category here if you would like to see what she looks like. She is almost 5 months old, so her colors are not completely in. She will need to moult a couple of times before she gets all of her white cap and the blue comes in better around her neck.

I will view you videos later when I get home. I have a couple of appointments my hubby and I have to attend to today. Where I live in the country my internet is not real stable and videos take 3 times longer to load than for most folks. :th_biggrin:

Rita
01-09-2014, 03:21 PM
Thank you De'Andrea, for all your information.
Right now I don't have the time to do so, but soon I would like to take a look at the Pionus section of the Species Specific forum category
(If I can find it!)
I look forward on your respond at my two video's. Take your time.

Rita

coltfire
01-10-2014, 04:32 AM
Hi Rita and welcome sorry its a bit late i have been with out my laptop,what a great intro, and you have such great looking birds.

Rita
01-12-2014, 01:25 AM
Thank you Coltfire, for your welcome. Glad to hear you enjoyed my introduction.
Looking at your signature you do have wonderfull birds yourself too. I especially like the picture of the Eclectus-female preening her tailfeathers!
Did you take a look at my photo-album yet? I hope you find the time to do that.
I see you're from Queensland, Australia. The land of the Cockatoos and Lories and many other wonderful birds!

Rita