PDA

View Full Version : Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!!

Blancaej
01-03-2014, 06:30 PM
Hi Everyone,

I know I haven't been on the forum a lot the last few weeks so I wanted to finally wish everyone a Merry Christmas & Happy New Year! :th_biggrin: :th_santa3::year2:

As many of you know, my mom fell the Sunday before Christmas and fractured her pelvic bone. She is still at the rehabilitation center and we are hopeful she will be going home soon. Unfortunately she had to spend the holidays there rather then home with family. But we made the best of it and spent as much time as we could with her. So a lot of my time has been spent going back and forth to see her everyday.

It was a busy season at my shop and we were crazy busy up until Christmas Eve! We have had a great year at our candy shop this year. So we felt 2013 ended on a good note all in all!

My sister and niece came to visit this past Monday and left this morning. So I had a house full all week including their dog! My niece brought a friend and my MIL is still visiting. So there was 8 of us in all (not counting the dog)! But we had a wonderful time!

We lost power last night for 2.5 hours!! :th_shocking: I was worried about the birds as it was -9 degrees with a windchill of -24! The bird room got down to 57.4 degrees when the electricity came back on. If it hadn't we would have transported all the birds to our store which we confirmed still had power. But the thought of transporting them to the store was making me nervous because it was sooo cold out! We hope to purchase a generator this year so we don't have to worry about that again! We acutally were just talking about a power outage this time of year and the plan for the birds just a couple of weeks ago. My hubby was telling me he wanted to get a generator at some point. Last night only proved that will be a great idea! The kids loved the black out and had a great time! LOL!

Here is a picture of Mia. My sisters dog.

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

We gated the bird room to keep Mia out. But when the birds were on their perches she did well with good supervision. She is such a sweet dog!

The birds had a great Christmas! I will share what santa brought for them later. :th_wink:

I hope all of you had a wonderful Christmas and New year. I hope to catch up with everyone next week as things are finally starting to wind down over here. Ta Ta for now! :)

kendrafitz
01-03-2014, 07:46 PM
Hi Blanca!! So glad you had such a great holiday season. I hope your mom is feeling better!

What an adorable dog, you had quite a houseful! I can imagine how nervous you were last night. Glad everyone is fine and you didn't have to trudge out. It is bitter out and we aren't near as cold as you are!!

Blancaej
01-03-2014, 09:06 PM
Thanks Kendra! I think the birds are glad to have the house back. Lol! Glad to be warm, too! :th_wink:

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Honesty
01-03-2014, 09:59 PM
Hi Blanca and Happy New Year to you:)

I hope your Mum recovers soon. It sounds like you had a full house over Christmas!

I am glad your power was not off for too long!

Debra
01-03-2014, 10:08 PM
Welcome back! It sounds like a hectic time for you. I bet you enjoyed it immensely but are glad to have a bit of normalcy back.

Blancaej
01-03-2014, 10:45 PM
Thanks Wendy! We are certainty thankful for those who got our power back!

Debra - Thanks! Yes, it was great but it is nice to have my house back to normal! ;)

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2