PDA

View Full Version : Oh wow its been so long i had forgotten.

Narkissios
01-02-2014, 09:06 AM
I received an email today about the comp, i had forgotten about the forums totally. Thank-you for the reminder.

Well its been almost a year since we got midnight, she is a terror. She has wings and an attitude and knows how to use both. She is bonded to me but loves mommy and tolerates the kids. Mostly.

We have clipped her wings once and vowed to never do it again, but she is tearing up the place so badly i have to do it again. Downfalls with rentals. I did a six feather clip which for her is to much, i am going to do a 3 next time. So she can fly but only enough to get form a to b rather than her current acrobatics.

Recall training is going well. Although she hates her harness, she has destroyed one so far. She eats everything, loves chicken, pork and sadly sausages. Mash is her over and above most fav.

She has a few new tricks, she can lay on her back while i hold her and walk around. She will return to her cage on command, mostly. As you all know they do what they want when they want. She will roll over for food. And slid down my arm when landing. Ive also been teaching her to find me on whistle command.

At the end for all the bites, play fighting, dominance, aggressions, teritorialisum, she is still loving playfull gental, (when she wants) and devoted.

Omg i am married, again.

Honesty
01-02-2014, 10:14 AM
Hi Peter and welcome back! Its lovely to see you again :)

It sounds like Midnight is doing great. Congrats on her learning the new tricks.

Beautiful pics :)

Narkissios
01-02-2014, 01:57 PM
Hi Peter and welcome back! Its lovely to see you again :)

It sounds like Midnight is doing great. Congrats on her learning the new tricks.

Beautiful pics :)

Hey wendy, yeh its hard to get a non blurry shot of her, the sec she knows the camera is on she will not freeze, she bobs amd weaves, i swear she can see the lens trying to focus on her. Its a challange.

Debra
01-02-2014, 02:08 PM
She's beautiful! Welcome back.

Honesty
01-02-2014, 02:20 PM
Hey wendy, yeh its hard to get a non blurry shot of her, the sec she knows the camera is on she will not freeze, she bobs amd weaves, i swear she can see the lens trying to focus on her. Its a challange.LOL, I know what you mean in trying to get a non blurry pic! Codie will not keep still either, and if he sees the video camera come out, then he just goes totally silent on me!

Turquoise
01-02-2014, 03:26 PM
Glad to see you back too Peter. I have been wondering how Midnight was coming along. Sounds like she has you wrapped around her feathered foot for sure! Typical macaw and loving every minute with you!!:th_biggrin:

Mine do well for photos, but get the video out & silence like Wendy gets. Just crazy how they know the difference!! :th_LOL:

spiritbird
01-02-2014, 05:47 PM
Sorry Peter but I do not remember you but that is OK because I wish you a happy be back with us again time.:th_wink:

kendrafitz
01-02-2014, 08:57 PM
Hi Peter! Midnight is gorgeous!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk ([Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks])

Feathers First Aviary
01-03-2014, 06:52 AM
Sounds like you've made a lot of progress. One tip I can give is on the wing trimming, try taking 2 feathers off each wing and giving her a test flight, if that's not enough, take one more and so on. I've learned the hard way the difference one little feather can make and once you take too much you can't go back and with these bigger guys it can take sooo long for them to molt again. :)

Blancaej
01-03-2014, 05:55 PM
Hello and welcome back Peter! It sounds like Midnight is doing great! She is a beautiful girl. :)

plax
01-04-2014, 03:31 PM
Thanks for the update on Midnight, Peter! She's looking wonderful :)