PDA

View Full Version : The grackles are back

Debra
01-01-2014, 09:35 PM
And they are wasting seed again. I have one feeder that freely gives seed. They have discovered if they land on it and flap their wings it will turn and seed will go flying. We were wondering why this feeder can be filled in the morning and be empty in the evening. We finally caught them. Time to take that particular feeder down I say.

Honesty
01-01-2014, 10:38 PM
Oh No! Not the grackles again! I have this problem with the Jackdaws!

Grey
01-02-2014, 03:46 PM
Grackles gotta eat too!

Debra
01-02-2014, 04:18 PM
True. The other birds toss enough seed onto the ground for them and the doves though. Lol

Debra
01-02-2014, 08:47 PM
Ok. Now I officially have a problem with these birds. Somehow, they have taken apart my biggest, heaviest feeder!! Twice!! They've never done that before. I've gone through about 35 pounds of seed in just a week or so. They are aggressive where that seed is concerned. Now I have to figure out how to keep this feeder together so that maybe I can keep seed in it to last a few days. Ugh! How on earth do birds unscrew a heavy feeder? Nothing is broken, just unscrewed.

But I will continue to feed them. They are one of God's creations and I love them.

Blancaej
01-05-2014, 09:37 PM
Oh bummer Debra! I hope you get that figured out!

Turquoise
01-25-2014, 05:23 AM
My Debra you have such crafty critters in your part of Texas! LOL The grackles unscrewing the birdfeeders since you want to be the Grinch of seed. And then the raccoons taking lids off of cans of seed. I do believe you either need to buy a wild birdseed factory or hire a seed guard! And I'm not talking about the kind that keeps seed hulls off the floor. :th_wink:

Debra
01-25-2014, 02:35 PM
I know! Jerry was saying the other day that we need to start looking for a couple of feeders that can't be unscrewed or twirled around to spray seed all over. That's a shame because I love these feeders.