PDA

View Full Version : Itty Bitties!

Feathers First Aviary
12-31-2013, 09:05 AM
Jack and Dani are at it again, this time they decided to go big or go home! Their first clutch with us only had two little girls, this time they laid five eggs and every single one hatched! The first baby hatched 12.15 and the fifth baby was on christmas. They are a whole ten days apart in age from oldest to youngest! Because of this, I had to take the two oldest and band them the other day and put them back in the nestbox, I don't normally do this, in fact it's the first time I've had to do this, but I really didn't want to risk momma abandoning the youngest 3 if I pulled the oldest two, at the time the youngest baby was only 3 days old and while I'm confident in rearing a 3 day old baby they just benefit so much from being fed by the parents at this age that I really didn't want to have to resort to that.

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] ([Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks])
Here is the first photo from when the first two babies hatched

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] ([Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks])
Here are all five babies cuddling with mama Dani, although the smallest one is tucked underneath her still

Here's the oldest baby right after I banded him

And here is the youngest baby, this picture was taken the same day as the one above, the size difference is insane!

Just look at those cute little toes!! We're calling this one Jingle since he hatched on Christmas Day.

And here is the whole family, when I pulled the oldest two to band I just took them all out so I could clean the nestbox

I'm going to be pulling all of them this saturday, I can't wait, I just want to snuggle them so bad!! It's been killing me peeping in the box but not touching them. Mamma is pretty protective but she isn't too bad about me messing with them, still, I'd rather not stress her out anymore than need be, I know there will be plenty of time for cuddling soon enough. They will also be going on a break once I pull these babies :)

Honesty
12-31-2013, 09:45 AM
Aww, so cute Sara. Look forward to seeing them grow :)

Turquoise
12-31-2013, 11:51 AM
A[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] such adorable widdle fabies!!! A big Congrats to the parronts as well as you!!:congrats2:

They are soo soo tiny when they first hatch. That is something the difference in size! Can't wait to watch them as they feather out and become the beauties they are meant to be. :th_biggrin:

spiritbird
12-31-2013, 01:41 PM
Nice, quality photos of preceous little ones. You make being a breeder sound so much fun.

ACEPHONECHIC
12-31-2013, 01:50 PM
She must have been a good mum to look after that brood of all different sizes. Good luck with the rearing we will all be watching with interest. I love Greencheeks so much fun !!

Feathers First Aviary
01-04-2014, 05:33 AM
I can't wait, I'm pulling the squidgies tomorrow to start handfeeding them :D

kendrafitz
01-04-2014, 01:08 PM
What amazing photos! The babies are all so sweet and tiny - the size difference is crazy! I especially live the pics of Mommy keeping everyone happy and warm!!!

Congrats and thanks for sharing!!

crazyanimal
01-04-2014, 03:11 PM
Adorable

Blancaej
01-04-2014, 09:38 PM
How cute is that! Thanks for sharing!