PDA

View Full Version : Greenwing in NJ

kendrafitz
12-30-2013, 11:48 PM
Today I came across an exotic bird store in Shrewsbury, NJ pretty much by accident. It is about 45 minutes from us and we were in the area to shop at the L&T outlet. I noticed in the adjacent strip mall a store called Bird Jungle and of course I had to check it out. ;)

The first guy I saw was a sweet GW. I asked the owner about him and it turns out he is a 15 year old GW named George. His family lost their home in Hurricane Sandy. Since they originally purchased him there, they returned him to find a new home.

He is very sweet and loves women. He lived with children, does a great Stevie Wonder impression, blows kisses & talks a bit. He cuddled with me for about 1/2 hour, giving kisses and tried to regurgitate. The store owner wants him to go to a home with large mac experience (so he will be in his forever home and not returned). The price is $800, the store owner just wants him to find a loving home.

I figured I would post this in case someone nearby is looking for a new fid for their flock.

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk ([Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks])

plax
12-31-2013, 12:26 AM
George sounds like a wonderful bird! Hopefully he will become a new member of someone's family very soon. I'm glad you posted this, Kendra :)

Turquoise
12-31-2013, 10:47 AM
I do hope he finds a very good home. And I hope his former owners can get their lives back in order after their disaster.

Blancaej
01-05-2014, 09:50 PM
What a sweetie. I hope they can find a good home for him.

mrgoogls
01-07-2014, 08:37 PM
wow i wish i lived closer(and it wasnt a snowstorm right now) i want a green wing so baaad. i dont know if they would let me though because i have no macaw experience. im sure he will find a good home

kendrafitz
01-08-2014, 01:35 PM
I wish you did too, he is a sweetie. I hope he finds a home soon! A friend from a different forum said that he has been there for a long time. I guess since Sandy, so 1 1/2 years or do. Poor baby!!

mrgoogls
01-10-2014, 11:46 PM
aw nowi i wish i could get him even more :( im sure he will find a good good home though!