PDA

View Full Version : What a way to end the year!

Debra
12-30-2013, 04:53 PM
I had surgery on my left hand a week ago so I couldn't lift my lap top. Luckily my hubby bought me an iPad mini for Christmas so I could still visit the forum and Facebook. I get to where I can lift my laptop and what happens? It goes out. I just dropped it off at the repair shop. Again, lucky I have my iPad mini and my iPhone. Ugh!!

2014 will be a better year!!

Honesty
12-30-2013, 05:18 PM
Sorry to hear about your Laptop Debra :) Thank goodness for phones and IPads! What would we do without them? :)

spiritbird
12-30-2013, 06:40 PM
Sorry for that Deb. Well, my nice big Sony TV just lost its color. It is about 13 years and would cost more than a new one to repair. I just got a good deal at Best Buy end of year sale. 32" tv for $179 with delivery and carting away of old tv. Not too bad a deal. What's next??

Maddy
12-30-2013, 09:55 PM
:th_hug8:

coltfire
12-30-2013, 11:56 PM
sorry to hear about your laptop, how is your wrist going after the op, 2014 we can only hope is better than 2013. happy new year.

kendrafitz
12-31-2013, 12:57 AM
Oh no, Debra!! I'm sorry to hear that. Good thing you have your new present!!

Hope you are doing ok after your surgery.

Debra
12-31-2013, 01:07 AM
Surgery went just fine. I'm slowly getting the strength back in my hand. I still cannot open the door or unbuckle the seat belt in the car, but I've come a long way. I am excited that I can now open a bottle of water -- albeit it still hurts some. I'm dreading getting the other hand done in a few months as it is the right hand and I'm right handed. Ugh! I'm going to try to drive tomorrow to see how my grip is on the steering wheel.

Feathers First Aviary
12-31-2013, 02:12 AM
So sorry to hear that, hopefully it's not too expensive to have it fixed. Hope your wrist heals well and in a timely manner, and good luck with your upcoming surgery as well! :th_hug8:

Turquoise
12-31-2013, 12:26 PM
Glad to hear your getting your use of your hand back Debra. Sorry about your laptop, glad you could get someone to fix it.

Last spring my all-in-one quit working. I messed with it a bit & found out it was the on/off button area. Took it to see about getting it fixed & was told "They are throw away items!" No one cared to even look at it to see if it was worth their bother. So I took the hard drive out & hooked it to my new computer, but that just burns me up when I only had it for 2 yrs and the price I paid for it was not a throw away item in my books!!

Sounds like you found a great buy Dianne. Glad you were able to replace your tv.