PDA

View Full Version : The Budgie With the Identity Crisis

Feathers First Aviary
12-30-2013, 08:37 AM
First I'd like to apologize for not posting anything recently, my in laws house caught on fire on friday(everyone made it out safely thankfully) and we spent all day helping them pull stuff out and bringing it here, we are also babysitting their dog until they figure out more permanent housing arrangements. I spent all day saturday playing catch up on emails and phone calls and had babies leaving for their new homes yesterday and more today. So needless to say, it's been a tad hectic! But anywaaay....
I was playing with the little english boy yesterday and realized something kind of funny. This bird has a huge identity crisis! I think he is a conure(or maybe a cockatoo) trapped in a budgies body! All he wants to do is cuddle and have his head petted. He kept flying to me and just laying on my arm and begging to have his head scritched. Now, this is a bit strange, as most of you with budgies probably know, they are not known for being cuddly birds and a lot of them don't tend to like being petted in my experience. They tend to be more content perching on you and being talked to rather than touched excessively. Now, the english budgies do seem to enjoy being petted far more than the americans but still, the level of cuddliness in this budgie is outrageous! He loves when I kiss his head and belly and yesterday he allowed me to do something completely ridiculous by budgie standards....
[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] ([Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks])
Yep! He let me hold him on his back in my palm as I scritched his head! He layed there like this for quite a few minutes, long enough for me to yell for Nick to grab the camera and snap a few pictures before I finally flipped him back over! I have never ever had a budgie that would lay on its back and I have raised a lot of budgies over the years.
[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] ([Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks])
Could he be any cuter?!
Oh yea! That's the spot!!

And one more of my little buddy getting some love

I am head over heels in love with this boy! I so wish I could keep him, he really is one of a kind! His new daddy(a returning customer of ours) was actually supposed to be picking him up today but something came up and he had to reschedule for next weekend. I know he is eagerly awaiting bringing him home, he took way longer to wean than most budgies but the sweetest ones always do, but I am not really upset at the fact that I get to spend another week with my little snuggle budgie :)

Honesty
12-30-2013, 09:30 AM
Sorry to hear about the fire at you in laws. Thank goodness they all made it out safetly!

That is just so cute with the budgie :) I would say it is definitely a one off! I have never seen this either :)

kendrafitz
12-30-2013, 01:18 PM
I feel horribly about your inlaws. Glad everyone is ok.

OMG, he is adorable!!! I was going to say he is a keeper, hope is new owner knows how very lucky he is!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk ([Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks])

spiritbird
12-30-2013, 02:07 PM
Little EB is so adorable in every way. I hope you can get more chicks from the same parents. :super-happy-dance-s

Pinkbirdy
12-30-2013, 02:34 PM
So cute !! {id have to keep him]

Mare
12-30-2013, 04:17 PM
Love it! What a special little one and hopefully, his new owner will also realize this. I'm sure you'll let him know!

Mayden
12-30-2013, 05:31 PM
My Wonsy used to do this! She was such a cuddly, snuggly budgie. He surely is going to be a special boy, I'm glad you've got a nice home set up for him!

Feathers First Aviary
12-30-2013, 10:51 PM
Glad everyone liked the photos, his parents are on another clutch right now, hopefully they hatch and these babies are just as sweet and pretty as this boy! I'm definitely keeping one or two from the next clutch!

Blancaej
01-05-2014, 07:41 PM
I'm really sorry to hear about your inlaws fire. I lost a home a very long time ago to a fire, so I know what they are going through.

What an adorable little guy. I would keep him too if you could. LOL!