PDA

View Full Version : Downtown Abbey

kendrafitz
12-30-2013, 01:38 AM
I was just wondering if anyone watches Downtown Abbey?

I had been resisting since my usual taste in shows is less refined. (Think Walking Dead, Homeland, Game of Thrones or any ridiculous comedy). A friend was over the other night and was raving about it. So I gave in and figured i would try an episode. I ended up watching 3 seasons in about 5 days. (Thanks Amazon Prime!!) I am hooked. Figured I would see if anyone else is? So not my usual thing, but i love it! :)

Pinkbirdy
12-30-2013, 01:48 AM
Im obsessed right now with "The Haunting Of" On LMN on Saturdays at 10

kendrafitz
12-30-2013, 02:12 AM
What is that???? Uh oh, I am sensing another show for me to add to my list!!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk ([Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks])

coltfire
12-30-2013, 02:56 AM
no i dont like it one bit, not my type of show, but Banshee and Hell on wheels im hooked on, and of cause Arrow

Honesty
12-30-2013, 09:34 AM
I don't watch it, but my Mum is addicted to it :) I did not realize you had this in the USA too!

kendrafitz
12-30-2013, 01:13 PM
Steve - my cousin had recommended Hell on Wheels and I liked it. I will have to get back to it now that you have reminded me. :) I'm not sure what Banshee is...

Wendy - my mom is hooked too which is why I resisted watching it. We are very different with very different tastes. ;) We do get it in the US, but i think we are a season behind here. Season 4 will just be starting this week... But I think there is a package with cable that you can pay for that gets UK stations. We have friends that moved here about 5 years ago from the UK and I recall them mentioning catching up on the "telly" through it. :). They had a hard time adjusting to the US, especially to tv here at first but that has changed. I remember going over for our weekly "cuppa" when her husband was home one week. I like everything SWEET, so i had 3 Splenda (6 tsp sugar) in my tea. He was astonished and grossed out I think. He still teases me about having some tea with my sugar. They also didn't get how "you Ameicans" can eat bagels at all. Which was very amusing when I caught her eating one and she said she finally got it. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk ([Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks])

Turquoise
12-31-2013, 12:50 PM
I don't have cable living out in the country and I refuse to pay for satellite since I can't choose to leave off infomercials and sports! If they allowed me to cut out the things I will NEVER watch, I would have satellite. I do have several tv channels available for free, so I am not 'In The Dark Ages' with no tv at all. :th_LOL:

So I have no idea what any of the shows ya'll have mentioned are about. Short of The Walking Dead. I don't get to get hooked on any shows with the kind of rotating work schedule I have. Ya'll all enjoy the special shows for me as well. :)