PDA

View Full Version : Cockatoo art..

Mare
12-26-2013, 10:03 PM
[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]
This was done by a friend, of Amigo in the begonias. I just love it!

This second one was made for me by my youngest son, on Christmas Eve, and I opened it Christmas morn. He just learned how to make felt figures only a few days ago and this almost made me cry! :)

spiritbird
12-26-2013, 10:19 PM
How talented. Wish I could do those.

Honesty
12-26-2013, 10:24 PM
Beautiful Mare :)

Debra
12-26-2013, 10:41 PM
Both are beautiful Mare. Such talent! Those will be treasures for a long, long time I'm sure.

MomtoPercy
12-26-2013, 10:56 PM
What a great piece!! Lucky you :)

coltfire
12-26-2013, 11:32 PM
very nice, it makes it more special when made by your kids, i felt so proud when my daughter done the drawing of maxx for me, so im sure you felt just as proud,opening up your pressy.

Feathers First Aviary
12-26-2013, 11:41 PM
love it!!

Blancaej
01-05-2014, 07:52 PM
Those are beautiful Mare!

Maddy
01-18-2014, 03:28 AM
Both of those are beautiful! I love the felt cockatoo! (:

Mare
01-19-2014, 11:57 PM
Thank you, I love them 'too! Here is Amigo's "chillin' with the begonias" painting framed. Sorry, a bit blurry :(

Maddy
01-20-2014, 01:14 AM
That looks lovely framed!

Mare
01-20-2014, 10:44 PM
Ok, just one more :). My niece and her boyfriend came over last week and I commissioned him to paint Amigo. Troy Hubbs is his name and he is the real deal artist, art schooling, worked for Disney, comic books, etc. Ive seen his work and knew he would be amazing for this job. He had his camera, followed Amigo around the yard and we decided, together, which one I thought best for a portrait. This is the one I chose. It's still a work in progress but my niece secretly FB me the, so far. I can't wait to see it finished!!

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] 7fad95fbc5d86168611f6b64&oe=52DF5ACC

So far, he has captured Amigo perfectly!

Maddy
01-20-2014, 10:50 PM
That looks AMAZING so far! I can't wait to see it once it's finished!

Debra
01-20-2014, 11:31 PM
Oh, WOW!!

kendrafitz
01-21-2014, 02:45 AM
Beautiful!!

Mare
01-30-2014, 04:27 AM
My Amigo painting got delivered last night by my niece and her boyfriend, Troy Hubbs, (he is the artist). He came to our home a couple weeks ago and took photos of Amigo out and about. Troy paints many dog portraits and they are soo real, picture perfect, renditions of people's pets. Amigo was his first bird, EVER! He did such a beautiful job but I'll let you be the judge :)

This second photo is one I took with my inferior IPad camera, hanging on our wall. I was trying to capture the tree branches wrapping around the side of the painting. This is a 24x18, oil on canvas. Troy told me he really enjoyed painting this, not only his first bird but true to Amigo's size. Troy is an artist, this is how he makes his living. If there is anyone here, on this forum that might be interested in having a portrait done, of a beloved pet, let me know. He is in the process of making a new sight for just his animal portraits, when he lets me know I'll pass it on. It will show all his work, thus far.

Notice the shadowing on Amigo's back, from the tree branches. The detailing on his beak and foot is impressive, also.

Turquoise
01-30-2014, 05:08 AM
Oh my Mare, that painting is totally awesome!! It looks like a real photo in the 1st one. At first I thought the 1st photo was the picture Troy used to make the painting in the 2nd photo ti I read what you said about it.

Troy is a remarkable artist and definitely captured Amigo ' s expression as well as the shadows. I d love painting gs of my flock, but I would never be able to afford such fine work!!

Mare
01-30-2014, 05:43 AM
Hi, De', Troy's normal fee for an 8x12" painting, is $175. He gave me a deal because we are sorta family. He used a larger canvas because he was very excited about doing this bird, his first :).

Maddy
01-30-2014, 06:40 AM
Oh my gosh! That looks so AMAZING!!! I'd love to see more of his artwork, so when he's done with his website I'd love to see! (:

Turquoise
01-30-2014, 07:13 AM
Mare that is a lot less than I would expect for such great work. What median did he use or prefers to use for his paintings? I will get back with you on that later on. At the moment I can't do one, but I will definitely be interested later of one with my 6 larger birds.

Thanks for the info Mare. :)

Minamommy
02-21-2014, 06:40 AM
That is truly beautiful. It's 3D even.