PDA

View Full Version : White eyed conure

JadeC
12-26-2013, 08:48 AM
Does anyone here own a white eyed conure?? I've been obsessed with them for years now and I might wanna get one. :P They kind of look like blue crowned conures, and they frequently live with BCC in the wild. They aren't popular in the aviculture because they are mostly green, so people don't want them, but I'm just in love. I want one. Haha Anyway, just wondering if anyone has interacted with one? Thanks!

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

Honesty
12-26-2013, 11:45 AM
Beautiful Bird. I don't know f anyone that has one of these!

Feathers First Aviary
12-26-2013, 11:48 PM
he's a cutie! They kind of look like little amazons. I've never met one in person, at least not that I remember. I just looked on bird breeders web site and there aren't even any breeders listed. If you do decide to get one and need help finding a breeder I can ask around and see if I can find anyone that has any since it may be difficult to find one unless you already have a breeder in mind. :)

coltfire
12-27-2013, 01:43 AM
beautiful looking bird , green or any other colour,i too dont know of any one with one but i hope you do get one so we can all see it grow up and hear about it's adventures with in your flock.

JadeC
12-27-2013, 04:03 AM
I actually found a potential breeder in Missouri but she hasn't emailed me back yet :) I actually did a YouTube search for white eyes conure and there was a vet in Missouri who did treatment for a baby white eyed and I messaged him and he said he'd get me in touch with her!!! So exciting haha They remind me of BCC

JadeC
12-27-2013, 04:04 AM
he's a cutie! They kind of look like little amazons. I've never met one in person, at least not that I remember. I just looked on bird breeders web site and there aren't even any breeders listed. If you do decide to get one and need help finding a breeder I can ask around and see if I can find anyone that has any since it may be difficult to find one unless you already have a breeder in mind. :)

I'd love it if you asked around to see if you know of anybody wanting to part with one. :) Baby or rescue, either one.

Abigal7
01-03-2014, 12:57 AM
My avian vet that has one. She has talked about her bird making her house sound like a jungle (which sounds like something that is found in a lot of conure species). The only conure species I ever owned was green cheek conure. I did see one in a pet store once in a flight cage. It did not have the long tail of a conure (I think it had been chewing on its tail). I never seen a white eyed conure before this and in my eyes looked like a dwarfish Amazon or a small green pionus parrot.

Grey
01-03-2014, 01:42 AM
they are in the same clade as Mitred, Wagler's, Finsch's, and Cherry Headed Conures. They are beautiful clowns with serious vocal chords...not suited for apartment living. But they are definitely big personalities. Good Luck in your search, they come available once in a while