PDA

View Full Version : Having a baking day! :)

Honesty
12-22-2013, 02:01 PM
It is now 2pm and I have been baking since 9.30am this morning. I have made Mince Pies and Jam Tarts :) I have now just cleared up and have taken a pic for you :)

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

kendrafitz
12-22-2013, 03:10 PM
Yummy!!!! Everything looks mouthwatering!!

Debra
12-22-2013, 03:13 PM
Looks yummy! I'm fixing to get started baking cookies to give away.

Blancaej
12-22-2013, 03:13 PM
Looks delicious Wendy! Today I will be baking with the kids most of the day. Hubby is watching the shop so I can stay home. :)

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Honesty
12-22-2013, 03:31 PM
Yummy!!!! Everything looks mouthwatering!!Thank you Kendra :)

Honesty
12-22-2013, 03:32 PM
Looks yummy! I'm fixing to get started baking cookies to give away.You will have to take some pics of your cookies Deb:)

Honesty
12-22-2013, 03:34 PM
Looks delicious Wendy! Today I will be baking with the kids most of the day. Hubby is watching the shop so I can stay home. :)

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2Thanks Blanca! Now Tiegan is older, she does not want to help me with baking:( I miss all that now! She did help with the washing up though :th_hehe:

Blancaej
12-22-2013, 04:24 PM
At least you had a helpful dish washer! ;)

coltfire
12-22-2013, 05:59 PM
they look very yummy,

Honesty
12-22-2013, 06:31 PM
they look very yummy,Thank you Steve :)

Debra
12-22-2013, 07:04 PM
Made 3 types of cookies in about 3 to 4 hours. I'm tired. Lol. I had to get it done today because when I have my surgery tomorrow I won't be able to do it. Anyway, here are the fruits of my labors. [Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

Honesty
12-22-2013, 07:06 PM
Wow! They look yummy Deb:)

Debra
12-22-2013, 07:18 PM
Thank you Wendy. I made them to give to 3 people and now have so many that I'm going to just bag some and give away to random people I think. We're going to keep just a few as we don't need too many sweets. lol

Blancaej
12-22-2013, 07:53 PM
Looks yummy Deb! The recipients will feel very lucky! :D

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

plax
12-22-2013, 11:07 PM
All of the baked goods look quite luscious, Wendy and Debra :)

Honesty
12-22-2013, 11:10 PM
All of the baked goods look quite luscious, Wendy and Debra :)Thank you Tony :)

coltfire
12-23-2013, 02:25 AM
oh they all look so good, they have made me hungry.

Macawfancy
12-23-2013, 05:06 AM
:goodjob: YUM so is stopping by even an option! :th_wink:

Honesty
12-23-2013, 09:38 AM
:goodjob: YUM so is stopping by even an option! :th_wink:You are welcome to stop by anytime Joyce :)

Debra
12-23-2013, 01:36 PM
Come on over! I've got plenty left over.

spiritbird
12-23-2013, 01:58 PM
How lovely. Wish I could take a bite from here.

Honesty
12-24-2013, 01:52 PM
I have been cooking again since early this morning. I am almost done :)

I have peeled the Potatoes, prepared the veg, made the stuffing, cooked Sausage Rolls and Cocktail Sausages and made the trifle. Oh, and I have made the gravy! The Turkey is ready to go in the oven :)
Here is a pic of todays cooking so far.....

I have also set the table :th_hehe:

Turquoise
12-25-2013, 06:10 AM
Awesome Desserts ladies!! (Wendy & Debra) :bounce1:

Wendy your pies are the little ones, so cute, but I was expecting to see the big pie pans I am used to making pies in. I guess I am used to seeing Texas sized pies!:hehe2:

And your table looks like a scene out of a Hallmark Hall of Fame Christmas Story!! :glitter-omg-emotico I swear you must live in the Queen's Palace! All of your home is a mansion & so so gorgeous!! :th_hug8:

Debra I want some of your cookies!! You can give the extras to me!!:dance55: They look so delicious!! Wished I lived close to you, I'd be over in a flash with my baggie open begging for your leftovers!! :pinkgrin:

I didn't cook anything as usual. No need to cook a lot for just the two of us. Hope everyone who cooked and will be enjoying your meal later today eats plenty for me!! I'm not jealous~~I'm not jealous~~I'm not...Yes I am jealous!!:darn::giggle: Seriously, ya'll all have fun & Merry Christmas!!:th_biggrin:

Blancaej
01-06-2014, 04:05 PM
I never got a chance to post my baking pics with the kids as that was the day my mom fell and fractured her pelvic bone. So here ya go, a little late but still fun to share!

Helpers in the kitchen!

Chocolate Chip Cookies

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies

Peanut Butter Cookies

Pumpkin Pie

plax
01-07-2014, 07:39 PM
Very yummy looking baked goods, Blanca! It's obvious why your kids enjoy helping :)

Debra
01-07-2014, 07:46 PM
I took some of my cookies to the local Sonic since we go there a lot and have gotten to know the people working there. They save me coupons for free drinks. They have asked for some more snickerdoodles and peanut butter blossoms so I will be making those cookies this week to take to them this weekend. I love baking, cooking....not so much. Call me strange. lol

Honesty
01-07-2014, 08:22 PM
It all looks lovely Blanca! Do you like baking?

Wendy your pies are the little ones, so cute, but I was expecting to see the big pie pans I am used to making pies in. I guess I am used to seeing Texas sized pies!:hehe2:Sorry De'Andrea, I missed this post :( Those are just little bite size pies which we have on a buffet table. I do make large pies too. Next time I make a Chicken & Leek Pie, I will take a pic for you :)

And your table looks like a scene out of a Hallmark Hall of Fame Christmas Story!! :glitter-omg-emotico I swear you must live in the Queen's Palace! All of your home is a mansion & so so gorgeous!! Thank you de'Andrea. My home is my castle :th_hehe:

Blancaej
01-09-2014, 02:09 PM
Thank you Tony! The kids looooove it when I bake! LOL

Wendy - Yes I love baking. I prefer it over cooking, although, I love to cook, too!

Debra - That is great that you take cookies to the Sonic. They must love you there!

kendrafitz
01-09-2014, 02:20 PM
I'm with you Debra. I love to bake, nothing like yummy sweet things in the oven. Cooking is a chore to me, I would order in every night if I could.

Debra
01-10-2014, 05:28 PM
Well, I've been at it again. The kids at Sonic loved my cookies and keep raving about them. My hubby told them I would make them some and bring them to Sonic on Saturday. He then asked what kind they wanted. Snickerdoodles and Peanut Butter Blossoms were the most requested. So, yesterday it was a Snickerdoodles day and today was a Peanut Butter Blossoms day. What we do for our friends. lol

Blancaej
01-10-2014, 05:33 PM
I'm sure it makes their day Debra!

kendrafitz
01-11-2014, 01:17 PM
Not only do you make the kids cookies, but you take orders? That is beyond awesome! They must adore you!!!