PDA

View Full Version : The Best for 2013

spiritbird
12-21-2013, 02:31 PM
In talking with others we asked the question "what was the best thing that happened to you in 2013? I thought it might be interesting to post here.

For me it was winning a really nice camera to further my love of creativity. What's yours?:th_santa3:

Honesty
12-21-2013, 02:46 PM
The best thing that happened to me in 2013 was having my Son Daniel back home from Australia. I missed him so much while he was gone for a year :(:th_xmas3:

tonkatiel
12-21-2013, 09:32 PM
The best thing for me in 2013 was getting all my birds :)

Feathers First Aviary
12-21-2013, 11:52 PM
I think my best thing this year was getting married in april! We tied the knot on our 5 year anniversary this year, nothing big or fancy, right in our front yard with casual attire, but neither of us are very showy so it seemed fitting :P We also had our first clutch of green cheeks and adopted our goffin girl Maggie :D

Here's one of my favorite pics from after the ceremony, we had the ceremony out in front of the pond, much prettier backdrop than this :p
[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] ([Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks])

spiritbird
12-22-2013, 12:13 AM
Sara you have had a wonderful year. Thanks for sharing with us.

kendrafitz
12-22-2013, 12:39 AM
The best of 2013 would have to be my kids finding things they are passionate about.

My son is really getting into computer programming and has developed a wonderful group of really great friends. Most of the boys and their families are coming here for New Years Eve to celebrate with our usual group of crazies. :)

My daughter, who is very artistic has really become interested in making videos. Usually to music, sometimes by herself and sometimes with her friends. She has even made some with just objects, she calls it stop motion. Here is her latest creation.

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

It has been a wonderful year for my family and I feel truly blessed. :) I am hopeful that 2014 will be just as wonderful for my family and everyone on Precisely Parrots as well!

Feathers First Aviary
12-22-2013, 12:54 AM
Wow Kendra! Your daughter has a lot of talent!! Those are some really impressive effects in that video! I'd love to see some of her stop motion, I've always loved stop motion since I was a kid. Does she like Tim Burton's stop motion movies like Nightmare Before Christmas?

kendrafitz
12-22-2013, 01:10 AM
Thanks! There is an app called Video Star which makes it easier. Which is great bc it holds kids interest.

She hasn't seen the Tim Burton movies. She is an anxious little soul and anything not bright and happy makes her worry. I, however, love Nightmare before Xmas.

Here is one of her first stop motions

I know, I am a proud Mommy!

Sara, I love your photo! You both look so happy, it is just awesome!

Minamommy
12-22-2013, 01:23 AM
I think I have two great things this year. My parakeet hated me and wouldn't come out if her cage. My vet needed a friend for her lesser suffer crested too. So I gave her my keet to see if that would help out. Well instant love all around. That is what I was hoping for. Now her too has company my keet comes out of the cage. I'm so happy that she is happy at last. Second. I'm so happy to have found this forum and all of you. I feel like I have a bunch of friends all over the place that are there to help when I need advice and I want to thank you all.

Feathers First Aviary
12-22-2013, 01:25 AM
That's so cool!! I've always wanted to do stop motion but I know how tedious it can be and never attempted it.

Honesty
12-22-2013, 02:12 PM
I think my best thing this year was getting married in april! We tied the knot on our 5 year anniversary this year, nothing big or fancy, right in our front yard with casual attire, but neither of us are very showy so it seemed fitting :P We also had our first clutch of green cheeks and adopted our goffin girl Maggie :D

Here's one of my favorite pics from after the ceremony, we had the ceremony out in front of the pond, much prettier backdrop than this :p
[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] ([Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks])What a lovely pic Sara :) This beats the traditional wedding :) You both look very happy! Oh, and congratulations to you both :)

Honesty
12-22-2013, 02:13 PM
Thanks! There is an app called Video Star which makes it easier. Which is great bc it holds kids interest.

She hasn't seen the Tim Burton movies. She is an anxious little soul and anything not bright and happy makes her worry. I, however, love Nightmare before Xmas.

Here is one of her first stop motions

I know, I am a proud Mommy!

Sara, I love your photo! You both look so happy, it is just awesome!Your Daughter has a great talent Kendra! You must be very proud of her!

Honesty
12-22-2013, 02:14 PM
I think I have two great things this year. My parakeet hated me and wouldn't come out if her cage. My vet needed a friend for her lesser suffer crested too. So I gave her my keet to see if that would help out. Well instant love all around. That is what I was hoping for. Now her too has company my keet comes out of the cage. I'm so happy that she is happy at last. Second. I'm so happy to have found this forum and all of you. I feel like I have a bunch of friends all over the place that are there to help when I need advice and I want to thank you all.We are very happy you found our forum too Kim :) We are like one big happy family here :th_biggrin:

Blancaej
01-06-2014, 03:51 PM
Dianne - That camera was perfect for you!

Honesty - That is so wonderful your son came back from Australia. :)

Tonkatiel - Did you get your whole flock in 2013?

Sara - It sounds like you had a beautiful wedding! Wow, congrats!

Kendra - You have one talented kid there! She did such an awesome job on both those videos!

Kim - So glad things worked out so well with your birds. Glad you are enjoying are forum. We are one happy flock!

For me, 2013 has been a great year! I have soooo much to be thankful for. My flock increased from 1 to 5 birds. I think that is by far the best thing that has happened to me in 2013. With that came many new friends via the forums! :th_biggrin: My shop has had it's best year yet! And, I have been able to open up my downstairs to expand my home, remodel and have a brand new bird room! I have two wonderful kids who just keep getting more awesome with each passing year and a very loving husband. Life is good! :th_wink:

I hope everyone has a wonderful, joyous and prosperous new year!

tonkatiel
01-07-2014, 02:26 AM
Yep all of them other than Max who I got a couple of days ago... The end of this month marks the anniversary of when I got the Lovebirds (the first members of our flock) - it amazes me that its only been a year, I can barely even remember what my life was like pre-birds lol

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Debra
01-07-2014, 12:45 PM
I've had so many health problems this year that I would say the best thing about the year is that I made it out healthy and not in pain. Even though I ended the year with stitches from surgery, I ended it without pain and pretty much healthy. I'm hoping that this year all the health problems I have will be getting the surgery on the other hand.

Pinkbirdy
01-08-2014, 03:01 AM
Ill 2nd one of the best things is to find this forum!! Its nice to feel a part of one :) Of course Im living close to my dream life with all these birds! Ive realized [im a little crazy] ok maybe a lot :) Ive added 7 birds to my flock ! [this year] I think its the most beautiful thing and pure bliss :)

Turquoise
01-18-2014, 04:07 AM
The absolute best thing to happen to me in 2013 was having my son home for 6 days last Oct after not getting to see him for a little over 5 yrs due to the distance between where he lives and where we live (over 4,000 miles & another country between us!):th_hug8:I had the best time with him and it was just like when he was still living at home. He has grown into an awesome man and has a wonderful wife who didn't get to come down in Oct, but hopes to come this coming Oct. they say you can never go home, but that isn't always true. My son Jory & I have always been close and he was my boy again even tho he is a 35 yr old man now!!:pinkgrin:

My 2nd best thing that happened to me was getting my dream bird I always wanted when my Green Wing Macaw Ruby Jewel flew in from Washington state to me. I have wanted one for well over 20 yrs, but the one I chose made all that wait time so very worth it! She is an awesome girl and I wouldn't trade her for all the fully winged Green Wings in the world! She is my Sweet Baby Girl!!:th_heart::th_gwm:

I did add another bird to my flock in Dec, my White Capped Pionus Sierra, but at the moment I can't say she is the best thing I did in 2013. I suspect she was forced weaned and we are working through a few issues due to that. I have faith we will work it out and she will become a great addition to my flock when she settles in. :th_PIONUS:

Everyone here has had a great year in some way with various good things happening to them. I love reading all the reasons ya'll are thankful for this past year. One thing that stands out to me in reading the reasons is joining this forum and becoming part of the loving family we have here. This is by far the best forum I have ever been a flock member of and I want to personally thank Wendy and Tony for creating this wonderful place for all of us to become friends & family! :grouphug::thewave::th_grouphug2: