PDA

View Full Version : Fodien is dying

Debra
12-20-2013, 01:12 AM
She hasn't passed yet, but I posted this here because she may not make the night, much less the weekend. She's led a good life and is 11 years old. That's pretty old for an American Budgie (parakeet). I wish it hadn't happened at this time of year as I usually get the Christmas blues and this just adds to it. I've made her as comfy as possible, but she's terribly weak and sleepy. She and Tor were my first ever birds. That makes it even harder. I know Tor's time is coming. Sydney and Bloke are the same age, but they're tiels so they should be around for quite a while longer.

I know I'm rambling, and I'm sorry. But I'm incredibly sad tonight with the thought of losing my first ever baby girl.

kendrafitz
12-20-2013, 01:24 AM
I am so, so sorry to read this Debra. Please take solace in knowing you gave Fodien a wonderful, happy life with more love than she could have ever imagined. She is a special girl who has led you to a life filled with the love and wonder that only parrots can give.

Pinkbirdy
12-20-2013, 01:44 AM
Oh Im so sorry [Im sad for you]

Blancaej
12-20-2013, 02:00 AM
I'm so sorry Debra. I think Kendra said it well. It so difficult losing any of our fids. Sending many hugs your way. I hope you get a little more time with your sweet Fodien.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

plax
12-20-2013, 02:27 AM
I'm so sad to hear about your sweet Fodien, Debra. Even though it's a natural course of life, the pain is no less intense. I'm truly sorry. May she fade to rest calmly and painlessly.

MomtoPercy
12-20-2013, 02:43 AM
Plax has said it perfectly. I am so sorry to hear about your dear baby. Although it is incredibly hard to say goodbye, take some comfort in the fact that she was with you for so many happy years and she takes the next step secure in your love. ((Hugs))

Honesty
12-20-2013, 08:36 AM
I am so sorry to hear about Fodien, Debra! Our thoughts are with you :th_hug8:

coltfire
12-20-2013, 01:17 PM
my thoughts are with you

spiritbird
12-20-2013, 01:36 PM
Oh Deb I am so sorry and send you lots of hugs. Fodien is in a soft place for birds. :grouphug:

Debra
12-20-2013, 03:17 PM
Thank you everyone. She did, indeed, pass away last night. I found her in her food bowl. Jerry buried her underneath my wisteria this morning. She was a good little bird. Never laid an egg even though she had a mate.

All the tiels and budgies were very quiet this morning when I went in to check on her. They knew. I'm not sure how Tor is going to take her not being there. I hope he doesn't mourn too much.

Again, thank you all for your warm thoughts and hugs. There will be an empty place in my heart for a little bit, but the rest of the birds will see me through and fill that void.

Honesty
12-20-2013, 03:22 PM
:big_hug: for you Deb!

Blancaej
12-20-2013, 06:08 PM
A[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] sorry Debra. I know this has got to be hard for you. Sending many hugs! :th_sadhug:

Pablola
12-20-2013, 09:09 PM
Awww I'm so sorry foe your loss , it breaks your heart doesn't it , , my baby died on 16 th of December little ziggy. 2 years ago . Sending yo big hugs xx

Mare
12-21-2013, 03:08 AM
I'm so sorry Debra, I tend to steer away from these subjects because I know how hard they are to deal with. My heart goes out to you but know that little Fodien is in a good place :th_heart:

ShellyBorg
12-21-2013, 03:14 AM
My heart goes out for you...

josiesmom
12-21-2013, 03:21 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss. :-(

jules
12-24-2013, 09:58 PM
oh debra, i'm sorry to be reading this. it is hard when we lose one of our flock, be it human, bird or animal. fodien will be looking down on you all and keeping watch. big hugs to you and your feathered friends :th_hug8:

Wulfgeist
12-25-2013, 02:08 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss, Debra.