PDA

View Full Version : Do You Have the Snowy in Your State?

spiritbird
12-16-2013, 10:22 PM
If you love the Snowy Owl like I do here is a link to the PBS show. [Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

I have no idea that there are Snowies in Maryland and surrounding states until I read this page.
[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

Honesty
12-16-2013, 10:31 PM
It tells me I cannot view this video in my region :( But No! there is no Snowy over here.

spiritbird
12-16-2013, 10:34 PM
Sorry Wendy. Can you see any of the Nature videos as produced by PBS?

Honesty
12-16-2013, 10:36 PM
No, it just says, not available in my region due to rights restrictions :th_crycry:

coltfire
12-17-2013, 04:06 AM
thats the same message i get.

Turquoise
01-25-2014, 04:55 AM
Dianne, I am able to watch but my internet would take a whole day to load that long film. I did watch a few mins of it and they are gorgeous birds!!! I will have to find the DVD one day for my own use to be able to watch it.

The North Slope is not that far from where my son lives in Fairbanks, AK. I'm sure he sees lots of those and many other gorgeous birds while he is out & about working as an x-ray technician on the oil pipeline. He takes pictures of pipe welds, tank interiors and the slabs those storage tanks sit on for cracks. Then he gets to go in & write reports for his company on what he found on his film. :) At least that is what he was doing when he came down in Oct. He was supposed to move up to the head supervisor's spot soon and may already have done that as the other guy got his walking papers in Nov when he decided to become a resident of Alaska and the company was paying him Per Diem for commuting from California weekly. LOL