PDA

View Full Version : just a thought

Pinkbirdy
12-14-2013, 01:11 AM
I love bird toys!!! That's what I even ask for christmas:th_biggrin:.Heres Harlow after I went to a bird fair. I was thinking what if next year at Christmas time we each donate [if you want] a toy [or supply ] to your favorite bird rescue. We could have like "Toys for Fids" [we are a bird forum!] I wish I new someone on a more personal level that has a rescue .I would do more [myself]

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] ([Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks])

Blancaej
12-14-2013, 01:45 AM
Wow Terri! That's a lot of toys. I love the Toys For Fids idea!!

I donate to the humane society here every Easter. 10% of my chocolate bunny sales is what we donate. We are going to start donating to the New England Parrot Rescue (I think that is the name. Brad has the info) in RI instead starting next year.

That would be a great place to donate toys. They were on the PBS special.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

kendrafitz
12-14-2013, 03:12 AM
I love that idea Terri!!!

coltfire
12-14-2013, 03:39 AM
Great idea and that is a lot of toys Terri

Turquoise
12-14-2013, 02:22 PM
Harlow looks to be saying, "Now which do I want first?" "Ahhh Yes, I want~~No maybe I'd rather have~~Ummm better yet, I'll take it all!!" LOL

A very good idea for sure and I bet by next Christmas we should be able to come up with some well deserving rescues to donate to or just one which ever everyone decides on. I'm all for it!!! :th_hug8:

I have been donating to my local area "Rescue The Animals" chapter of The ASPCA for 6 yrs now. They claim to not get any help from the actual organization and rely totally on donations and fund raisers. They have a Fur Balls Dance fund raiser every Feb.

Debra
12-14-2013, 02:35 PM
I like the idea of this too! Thanks for suggesting it.

plax
12-14-2013, 02:45 PM
Great idea, Terri!

Mare
12-14-2013, 03:26 PM
I love the idea, Terri! Makes me want to donate to the pet store, I sometimes visit. They have parrots for sale and it makes me livid when I see them with only one perch and NO toys, the freakin' cheapskate owner doesn't care. I've complained several times about this to no avail :(. Anyways, Harlow looks a bit overwhelmed with her choices! :th_biggrin:

Pinkbirdy
12-15-2013, 06:17 PM
Mare ,I do have the same urge to set up cages in stores I see too [and talk to the owners]. Harlow when she saw all those toys she said "what the heck" [its something my 10 year old says a lot.] LOL

Lady
11-12-2014, 05:42 PM
Humm what about this year? :th_xmas3: Even if we only collected a small donation it is better than doing nothing~ How about we start with the members who have or work in or for a rescue..... maybe they can even tell us the best way to go about doing this, money order, pay pal... Anyone have any thoughts about going about such a wonderful thing??????