PDA

View Full Version : Plexiglass cages

ElaCoku
12-12-2013, 01:05 PM
I wanted to hear opinions about plexiglass cages. Where I live there are no big cages or they are very expensive. I was thinking if I could built one with plexiglass.

spiritbird
12-12-2013, 01:10 PM
Welcome to our forum. As far as your question on plexiglass cages I would say the bird will have no way to enjoy climbing, greens could not be woven between bars and if the cage is small the birds may overheat. The good is that these type of cages are usually large and professionally cared for as they are usually for bird display in a public area.

Macaw Lover
12-12-2013, 08:48 PM
Plexiglass prevents good airflow and so birds don't get any sort of fresh air in them. A lot of people complain that it scratches easily. Placing perches is a hassle, no place to attach them to. Same thing with hanging toys. You have to have wire on the top to do any type of hanging from. Food bowls, where do you put those, on the floor to be pooped on?

Not something I would ever consider, I hate them.

coltfire
12-12-2013, 10:16 PM
yes im with the others on this, are you able to buy the material needed and build one cheaper , or ebay has some cheap ones on there.

Feathers First Aviary
12-13-2013, 05:40 AM
I have one of the ez care bowfront cages with the plexi front and I have to say, I don't care for it. They scratch really easily and mounting toys and perches is a huge pain in the butt. I can only imagine that an entirely plexi cage would be even harder.