PDA

View Full Version : Kids are tough I guess

Debra
12-10-2013, 03:00 PM
It was in the lower 20's this morning and I had a teenage boy get on my bus wearing shorts and a light jacket!! Ice on the ground and he wears shorts? Crazy kid! Crazy parents for letting him go out dressed like that.

Honesty
12-10-2013, 03:10 PM
I know exactly what you mean Debra! I see so many children in just short sleeves when it is freezing cold. There is absolutely NO WAY I would let Tiegan leave the house dressed like this in the Winter :(

kendrafitz
12-10-2013, 10:45 PM
I know, I think they just don't feel it. This is the first year in the last few that I haven't had to argue with my son about clothing. He wanted to wear shorts year round, he finally stopped wearing them on his own in October this year. My friends and I have theorized that boys go for comfort and "boy" style until they get to the age where they notice girls. Sigh...

Mare
12-11-2013, 01:59 AM
My oldest son, just turned 30yrs. old, STILL wears shorts and flip flops in 30 degree weather. I've finally given up trying to reason with him. Hey, let them be and let them figure it out on their own!

I just think that if we have an intelligent child, here, he/she will do what it takes to not be frozen! If they are cold enough, maybe, there is something we can do about this! Kids are a trip, for sure!

Blancaej
01-06-2014, 12:00 AM
I think sometimes it's hard to get older kids to do what you want. They will learn eventually I guess.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2