PDA

View Full Version : Snow day!

Mare
12-09-2013, 03:35 AM
When my kids were in school, yesterday would have been called a 'snow day', meaning, no school. I no longer have kids in school but I do have a bird that travels outside and,,this was a snow day! I cut Amigo loose, at one point, he came straight back to me! No way, Jose!

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

ShellyBorg
12-09-2013, 04:27 AM
HA! We got 5" here in Northern CA. My birds did not even want to look out the window!

Feathers First Aviary
12-09-2013, 04:37 AM
We got a couple inches here along with a nice sheet of ice. I don't know about you guys but i'm ready to fly south!

Mare
12-09-2013, 04:42 AM
I have a love/hate relationship with the cold weather!

Honesty
12-09-2013, 08:43 AM
Haha, Amigo does not like the snow then? He likes to be inside where its nice and warm!

tonkatiel
12-09-2013, 08:48 AM
So jealous! It doesn't snow here :( we do have a few mountains that get snow in winter but I want to be able to look out my front window and see it!

spiritbird
12-09-2013, 02:34 PM
If you do not have to go out in the snow it can be very pretty as in your photo.

Debra
12-09-2013, 03:05 PM
We lucked out with the front that came through Friday. It got cold, but we missed all the ice. Dallas got it and I'm about 2 hours away from Dallas so it was a close one! Things are beginning to warm up some. We will top out in the 40's today.

I love snow if I don't have to go out in it. And, yeah, we still have snow days. Unfortunately, for me to get paid for it I have to drive in to the bus barn, clock in, and wait for the official word. This involves crossing a good sized bridge. No, I don't like snow days. lol

Pinkbirdy
12-09-2013, 04:15 PM
Perfect picture it was though [not common there?] Harlow [likes to watch the storms and kids playing at her window] She laughs :)

Turquoise
12-10-2013, 08:28 AM
Our ice storm came Thur night and on into Fri., tho it was not very thick. It was enough to make us take 2 hours to drive the 50 miles home from work Fri morning. Luckily it was our first day off and we didn't have to catch 3 hrs of sleep & do it all over again going back to work. I dread the days that is going to happen and my place of work doesn't recognize 'Snow Days'! :( They don't understand that not all of us live 5 mins away from work & can just zip right in & back home again for our supposedly 12 hrs of rest. :th_shakehead:

Finally Sun we thawed out and it got into the 40s, then yesterday it was back in the low 20s and mid teens this morning. We will warm up for a couple of days, then back down into the teens, but no moisture this time. YAY!!!

I'm with Amigo, I don't care to be out in the snow, but I do love to see it fall. I don't like ice storms no matter how they come my way!!

Blancaej
01-05-2014, 09:59 PM
I don't blame Amigo for coming back! LOL! It's been below zero all week here. Brrrrr