PDA

View Full Version : Tex is driving me crazy!

Debra
12-04-2013, 05:23 PM
I love him, but geeze! This nibbling on everything has got to stop. Every little blemish gets nibbled on by his sharp beak. I know he's just exploring, but it hurts sometimes. He even tries to pull out my hubby's whiskers (ok, so I find that one funny). He tries to take off my rings and the keys to my laptop (big surprise there, huh). He's such a nosey little thing. Just like a toddler -- everything must go in the mouth. He's non-stop about it too. Can't he just take a quick nap??? lol

Honesty
12-04-2013, 05:45 PM
:th_hehe: Thats so funny Deb! Tex sounds like a real bundle of fun :)

spiritbird
12-04-2013, 06:26 PM
I have known birds like that and they were all GCC. Perhaps it is a shredding need.

kendrafitz
12-04-2013, 07:30 PM
LOL, Tex must be friends with Rosie! She never naps and wants to be in everything all the time (which basically means breaking everything she comes in contact with.) I keep hoping that it is a baby thing. ;)

If you find a solution, please share!!

Mare
12-11-2013, 04:49 AM
My cockatoos are non-stop pests, be it bodily invasion or environment, they are ALL in! I wish that Chip, the cockatiel, had that gumption. He is very brave but not that in your face brave, that the the cockatoos have.

Ok, I take it back,,,I'm so happy that Chip is brave but NOT in your face brave! :)

Blancaej
01-05-2014, 07:48 PM
Perhaps when holding Tex you can have a toy for him to nibble on instead of you. I distract Coqui with a toy box on my lap. She loves exploring the wrinkles in my clothes when sitting there will bite them and sometimes get skin. No fun! LOL!