12-03-2013, 10:19 PM
[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

Parrot Power...........:-)

Honesty
12-03-2013, 10:22 PM
LOL, Who needs nutcrackers when you have a Macaw to do it for you :th_hehe:

Parrotlover83
12-03-2013, 10:26 PM
Indeed it takes her about 5 seconds to crack open. I feel sorry for my b&g macaw as he hasn't mastered the art yet. But my little ducorps cockatoo can crack open a walnut pretty fast too & her beak is tiny compared to a macaws. I find it amazing how clever birds are.

Parrot Power...........:-)

Honesty
12-03-2013, 10:28 PM
They certainly are very clever. Codie has not mastered the art of cracking a walnut either. I have to do it for him!

kendrafitz
12-04-2013, 12:21 AM
Cute pics! Rosie loves to crack them open, but then just generally throws them on the floor. Which the dogs love, since they try but can't do themselves. I think she likes cracking them way more than eating them.

Debra
12-04-2013, 01:02 AM
That is so cute! I don't have any that will crack nuts open. They would barely crack open a sunflower seed. lol. I have a lazy bunch.

Turquoise
12-08-2013, 09:19 AM
Now the key to using her as you official nutcracker for your holiday cooking is to get that darn nut away from her while it has its contents & still have you fingers intact. LOL

My Catalina macaw boys can crack a nut in a hurry and like Rosie seem to enjoy cracking it way more than eating the nut meat. Roscoe used to be lazy and didn't even try to crack them before tossing to the floor, but now he likes the challenge.

Angel not being able to stand is no piker when it comes to cracking nuts. He has figured out how to lean across his limbs and hold the nut in his left foot which is his dominate one and crack it. He will eat more of the meat out of them and he can even hold and crack Brazil nuts. Angel can truly do everything a normal macaw can except stand & walk down his perches. :)

Miss Ruby Jewel has just begun to like cracking nuts and she is a tosser. Most of it will end up on the floor, but my flock is spoiled knowing I offer them a small cup of shelled nut for eating every other day. Leyla Belle tries to crack nuts, but she is not to good with anything except almonds. She does take great pleasure in tossing them as well as most foods on her floor. The diva in her thinks 'Maid Mom' is there to keep her abode in tidy fashion. :th_hehe:

Blancaej
01-05-2014, 07:14 PM
Love it! I love to watch my macs crack open nuts! Amazing!

Maddy
01-18-2014, 03:49 AM
:th_hehe: So cute!