PDA

View Full Version : The fun is beginning!!

Debra
12-02-2013, 11:58 PM
I have already received my Secret Santa gift (boy it's hard waiting on the 21st) and today I received my first Christmas Card! :woohoo-dancing-bana

I also sent out my Secret Santa gift to my recipient this morning. This is going to be a fun month!

Honesty
12-03-2013, 08:35 AM
I cant wait to see pics of everyones gifts. I sent mine out 7 days ago, so I would imagine my recipient will receive it any day now :)

spiritbird
12-03-2013, 02:11 PM
It is much more fun to receive a mystery gift than one that you know what it is inside the box. I used to get lovely little personally wrapped gifts from my daughters but now it is usually a gift card. Are times changing?

Honesty
12-03-2013, 02:39 PM
It is much more fun to receive a mystery gift than one that you know what it is inside the box. I used to get lovely little personally wrapped gifts from my daughters but now it is usually a gift card. Are times changing?Sadly, this seems to be the way of life now Dianne :( People seem to lead much busier lifestyles. I have to agree though, a token is not as nice as receiving a present to open!

Debra
12-03-2013, 03:01 PM
We do gifts for my daughter along with gift cards to places we know she frequents like Starbucks. This year, for her fiance we are foregoing a gift (other than the sweets I will bake for him) and giving him a gift card for things like groceries and gas. He's a college student and funds are tight for him so I know he will appreciate this. In years past, we've given him things like a microwave or crock pot or something like that that he needed. We just ask our daughter what he is in need of and usually get that. I'm unsure of what her dad and step-mother get him, but she knows that we want to get him something that is actually needed. They both really appreciate that.

Turquoise
12-10-2013, 08:14 AM
I haven't received my Secret Santa surprise yet. I am still waiting patiently. :) I did get my recipient's gift out to them last week. They should be receiving it some time this week.:th_hehe:

I have so far received Debra's and Rosie's cards. :th_biggrin: Thank you both for our cards. I will have all my cards adorning the bottom of my tree where presents used to sit when we celebrated with family around. Rosie's card I hung in the tree looking toward the big kids enclosures. I haven't decorated my tree yet, but I did find a place for it. I decided to put it on the end of our dining room table. The table is about 5 ft from the big kids homes and that end is not used since it is just the two of us. I thought the birds would enjoy seeing the lights and pretty 'No~Touch thingys Mom is tormenting them with. :th_LOL: The birds don't get on or near that end unless I move a play perch over there. And of course while the tree is up they will stay well away from it.

I have my cards printed out and trying to assemble them to send this week. They may be slow getting to ya'll, but eventually you will get them sometime in this century. LOL

Honesty
12-10-2013, 09:49 AM
I am also sitting patiently waiting for my SS Gift :) I sent mine over 2 weeks ago now. I am not sure if my recipient has received it yet.

I received my card from Debra yesterday. Thank you Debra :)

tonkatiel
12-10-2013, 10:14 AM
I received my card from Wendy on Thursday (thank you Wendy!), and sent mine on Friday... They've got a fair way to travel but hopefully shouldn't be too far away now :)

Honesty
12-10-2013, 01:58 PM
I have just received your card too Emma :) Thank you very much! Considering you sent it on Friday, it has got to the UK in record time :) (4 days)

Mare
12-10-2013, 10:54 PM
I'm glad to hear that overseas mail isn't slow in only Mexico and South America! :). My youngest, who was in Oaxaca, Mexico, called me his first week there (middle Sept.) and I sent him some laxatives..he hadn't moved in a week! My son was on a vegan diet, for years, till he got there and his host family wouldn't allow him to cook his own food so he ate what was served. She catered to vegetarian but not vegan. She used lots of cheese! He could have gone to the farmacia, himself, but things worked out! :th_biggrin: Anyways...the laxatives never made it, son's body adapted, end of story!

Turquoise
12-11-2013, 04:48 AM
:ROFLMAODog:Mare that is too too funny. Wonder who is enjoying your son's 'anal retentive' meds right about now. LOL

I didn't get any of my cards finished yet & had to go back to work. They will be in the mail by Monday next week, I promise!! :)

tonkatiel
12-12-2013, 09:58 AM
Received my card from Rosie (and Kendra!) yesterday! Its a lovely card, Rosie is a VERY clever bird ;)

Honesty
12-12-2013, 02:03 PM
I have just received my lovely card from Kendra & Rosie (Thank you Kendra) :th_hug8:

Pinkbirdy
12-12-2013, 10:15 PM
I received my Secret Santa gift !!!!! [and Ive heard my person has received one so far :)]

Blancaej
12-13-2013, 03:26 AM
I just mailed out my package to my recipient yesterday. I hope they get it in time! I've just been so busy! I received my SS gift a few days ago! Can't wait to open it! :th_biggrin: The 21st will be here before we know it!

I got cards from Debra, Kendra & Wendy! Thank you! I am still waiting for mine to come so I can send them out. I am infamous for sending cards out late. People are used to them coming after Christmas. LOL! But better late then never right?

Turquoise
12-13-2013, 04:52 AM
I received my card from Wendy today. Thanks Wendy it is so sweet!! So now I have one from Debra, Rosie (that one is hanging on my tree so the big feathered kids can see it) and Wendy. Mine will be in the mail Monday. I get off work for my 4 Sat & I am going to be uber busy getting my cards assembled & my tree decorated.

No Secret Santa gift for me yet. I am still waiting patiently, but I am beginning to think Santa does know how naughty I really was and will hold it til next Christmas. LOL My SS recipient should have already gotten their gift this week. I sent it out last week. :)

Debra
12-14-2013, 01:01 AM
I got my card from Mare today! It had a little gift from Amigo in it!! Thank you Mare! I love it.

Maddy
12-14-2013, 03:25 AM
So far I've gotten cards from Wendy, Debra, Kendra, and Mare. Thanks guys!

I mailed my cards out today! :)

spiritbird
12-14-2013, 01:45 PM
I have a very generous secret santa person because now there are 2 gift boxes waiting:th_chickendance: to be opened.

Turquoise
12-14-2013, 02:02 PM
I got my card from Mare yesterday and it is really cute with Toos all over it.

And I got my Secret Santa gift yesterday as well. Or should I say 'The Flock' got their gift! :th_biggrin: It even specifically says on the front of the package for my flock. So I have to keep my grubby hands off of their loot!! :th_LOL: I guess that means I can't play, taste or chew on any of their gifts. :) Thank you Secret Santa whoever you are on behalf of My Flock!!:th_hug8:

And No I have not opened it since it is not allowed til the 21. Besides I was headed out the door for my last night of work when hubby comes walking in with the package saying Santa came. It is sitting proudly under the tree on the table. It is the only gift under there & will be the only gift, so they are going to really enjoy this since their Mom is too cheap to buy them any gifts.:th_hehe:

Wow Dianne you are making out like a Bandit with the SS gifts! I can't wait to hear what your fiddies are getting. :)

Mare
12-14-2013, 03:13 PM
I've received cards from Debra and Emma, thanks girls! I feel like such an idiot, I missed Emma on the mailing list, don't ask me how, but I got the card mailed out yesterday, I hope it gets there before Christmas, Emma! :)

Blancaej
12-16-2013, 08:20 PM
I got cards from Emma and Mare today! Probably sooner, but we just got a chance to go check our mail today. LOL! Love the feathers Mare! Thank you, my kids will enjoy those.

Still haven't got the Christmas cards I ordered! :darn: Can't mail them out until I get them! Ugh!

tonkatiel
12-17-2013, 01:17 AM
Aww thanks Mare, you didn't have to worry about it but its definitely appreciated x

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Turquoise
12-17-2013, 04:34 AM
I got my card from Emma today. Thanks Emma I love the little Koala & Kangaroo on it. Koalas have always been a favorite of mine! :th_hug8:

I did get my cards sent out today like I promised. That is all of the cards in the exchange on the forum. Family & friends not connected to here will still have to wait. I had to get more photo copy paper today so I could continue to print them out. :hehe2:

I must apologize to everyone in the states who will be receiving my cards. I had no intention for ya'll to pay postage on them, but it is not my fault! I took a completed card in envelope to my local Post Office last week to be weighed so I would know how much they would require. The lady who has worked in the P.O. for several years told me 46 cents. I asked her what the regular postage was so I could buy enough stamps to cover them all and she said 46 cents! (I do send mail and use stamps, but they are always the forever stamps with no amount on them. So I lost track of how much our postage is anymore) I said, "So they are not overweight & won't require any extra cause they feel heavy to me?" She said, "No, they were fine with normal postage" and I believed her.:crycry2:

Today when I went to the P.O. to send the ones going over the ocean:aquarium: the guy working there weighed one and said it sure is heavy for just having a letter in it. I told him it wasn't a letter, it was a custom Christmas card. I then asked, "Are they heavier than a normal card?" He said, "Well, yeah a little over." I told him I'd had one weighed previously to make sure what postage to add and the lady told me it was fine. He did say at Christmas time they tend to let it slide and if she told me it was fine, not to worry about it. I said, "Well, too late now as they are already in YOUR mail box!!:tmsmakesme:

So if you have to pay to see my card, let me know & I will send you the stamps to make it up. :hybrid:

Honesty
12-18-2013, 02:20 PM
I received my card from Mare today :) Thank you Mare! I love the pics on the front of Amigo, Sassy and Chip. Loved the feathers :th_biggrin:

Turquoise
12-18-2013, 10:08 PM
Received my card from Maddy today. I love it!! That is the cutest handmade card I've ever gotten. :) Thank you Maddy. I'm headed for work, so will chat with everyone when I can.

Mare
12-18-2013, 10:47 PM
Maddy, I've also received a card, from you, to us, very special! Thank you, so much! :th_biggrin: My hubby got back from shopping, a while ago, and bought some new baby flannel blankets for the Sassy girl's Christmas gift, from him :). Even though he won't admit it, Sassy means the world to him!

Debra
12-19-2013, 06:10 PM
I, too, love my card from Maddy. She did a fantastic job. I also love De'Andrea's that she made up. Thank you both (well, everyone) for your cards. I have really enjoyed getting them.

Only two more days until we get to open our Secret Santa gifts!! I hear mine calling my name, teasing me. Don't forget to post pictures of what you got and who your Secret Santa was (if they didn't tell you give us a guess and we'll let you know if you are right or not. I know I didn't tell my recipient who her SS was -- I forgot to put a note in the box. lol.)

Honesty
12-19-2013, 06:12 PM
I haven't received my SS Gift yet:(

Debra
12-19-2013, 06:17 PM
Wendy, I can tell you your SS has been very busy lately. I'm sure she got it off late. If you don't get it by the 21st, then just open it and post about it when you receive it.

Blancaej
12-19-2013, 10:10 PM
I got Maddy's and De'Andrea's cards! Love them both. Thank you so much! :)

Blancaej
12-19-2013, 10:12 PM
I haven't received my SS Gift yet:(

I am sure you will get it any day now Wendy! Some of my packages from Amazon that were supposed to be 2 day have taken 3. And that is UPS! Let's hope the post office gets their butt moving. LOL! I got my fingers crossed everyone gets their package on time!!

Honesty
12-19-2013, 10:16 PM
Its all getting very exciting :th_chickendance:

Blancaej
12-19-2013, 10:33 PM
Yes it is. I'm really glad we did the secret santa and the holiday card list, too! Thanks Debra for coming up with this!!

I unfortunately have not gotten my cards to mail out YET! UGH! I guess the tradition of them going out late will continue again this year. LOL! My friends and relatives are used to it by now. But I was really hopeful that I would get them out on time this year. Oh well, maybe next year!

Honesty
12-20-2013, 02:14 PM
:th_yah: My SS gift has just arrived :) I can't wait to open it tomorrow :) I look forward to seeing what everyone else has received!

Debra
12-20-2013, 03:12 PM
I knew you would get it soon!

Blancaej
12-20-2013, 06:06 PM
Yay! That is great Wendy! Has everyone got their ss gifts now I wonder?

Honesty
12-20-2013, 07:44 PM
Yes, as far as I know, everyone now has their gifts :)

Blancaej
12-20-2013, 07:59 PM
Finally got my Christmas cards today. They came out blurry. Ugh! Oh well, still cute. I hope to get them out tomorrow!

spiritbird
12-20-2013, 10:49 PM
So tomorrow is the secret santa day. Do we open the gifts, then take photos and post on the forum? I know we cannot set a time as we live in different time zones.

Blancaej
12-20-2013, 10:53 PM
I would assume that is what we do.

Honesty
12-20-2013, 10:53 PM
So tomorrow is the secret santa day. Do we open the gifts, then take photos and post on the forum? I know we cannot set a time as we live in different time zones.Yes, tomorrow is the grand opening day :) We will take pics and post in this thread. I will probably post before all of you, as I am quite a few hours ahead :)

Blancaej
12-20-2013, 11:45 PM
:th_bounce4:Exciting!!

Debra
12-21-2013, 01:01 AM
I'm so excited! I can't wait. It is a bright spot in an otherwise dark time for me. Well, that and the fact that I'm off for 2 weeks!!

When you post pics of what you got, don't forget to post who you think (or know) your SS is.

Pinkbirdy
12-21-2013, 12:32 PM
Looks Like Im the first to post :) I have to work so I will post pictures later. I was so excited to see my secret santa was from the UK!! [Wendy] :) I am floored by what was sent.There was a little package for each of my birds with their names on it !!!WoW. Also some silver jewelry for me :) This was wonderful Wendy!!! [im putting in you can be my secret santa next year :)]. Thank you so much Wendy !!!!!!!

Blancaej
12-21-2013, 12:50 PM
That sounds awesome Terri! My package is at work. I will open when I get there around lunch time!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Debra
12-21-2013, 01:00 PM
Well, if Terri has opened her's already, I'm going to go open mine! Just as soon as I get Lucy up and fed that is.

Debra
12-21-2013, 01:13 PM
Thank you Dianne!! Lucy will love the piņata and the rest will love the millet! I've never seen foxtail millet before. I can't wait to give it to them.

The calendar is beautiful! You are so talented. Thanks so much!![Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

Blancaej
12-21-2013, 01:16 PM
That's awesome Deb!

kendrafitz
12-21-2013, 01:49 PM
:glitter-omg-emotico
Rosie made out like a bandit!!! Thank you so much Kim & Mina!!!! :thank you:

Rosie is already having a blast playing with her new toys!!! :dance55:

Best Birdy Christmas Gift EVER!!!

Turquoise
12-21-2013, 01:53 PM
Those are great gifts form your Secret Santas everyone. I will have to open my flock's gift tomorrow when I get home from work. I still tonight to work and then I'm off for my 4 and Christmas since it falls within the 4. I just don't have time to open the gift, take photos, upload & post this morning. I still have to feed the flock & other critters, then off to bed for my nap and then work later today.

Ya'll have fun without me & I look forward to seeing what everyone got in photos. :) And I hope that my recipient comes on and tells what I sent to them as well. I have not heard anything on here from them. I do hope they got their package as it should have gotten to them a little over a week ago according to the carrier.

Blancaej
12-21-2013, 02:09 PM
Nice gifts for Rosie Kendra! I love that she is playing with them already!

De - can't wait to hear about your goodies when you are off from work!

spiritbird
12-21-2013, 02:21 PM
Slept in late today. Will open gifts soon!

Honesty
12-21-2013, 02:36 PM
Looks Like Im the first to post [Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] I have to work so I will post pictures later. I was so excited to see my secret santa was from the UK!! [Wendy] [Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] I am floored by what was sent.There was a little package for each of my birds with their names on it !!!WoW. Also some silver jewelry for me [Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] This was wonderful Wendy!!! [im putting in you can be my secret santa next year [Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]]. Thank you so much Wendy !!!!!!!You are very welcome Terri :) I am glad you and your flock loved your gifts!

Honesty
12-21-2013, 02:37 PM
Wow, Kendra and Debra, those are beautiful gifts :)

Honesty
12-21-2013, 02:42 PM
Okay,here is a pic of my lovely gifts from Blanca! Thank you so much Blanca. Codie is thrilled with his sneakers and shoes and I have just had one of the choccies and they are yummy :th_hug8:

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

And here is Codie in action with one of his new shoes :)

spiritbird
12-21-2013, 03:09 PM
OK guys and gals I am awake now after coffee. Opened packages from Terri and I am so amazed the gifts. 3 wonderful parakeet toys that will be so welcomed. My birds have not had anything new for quite a while now. Terri you have good taste for sure. The picture frame is simply the best I have ever seen. I will take a special photo just for this frame. Thank you Terri from the bottom of my heart.:th_hug8:1620

Honesty
12-21-2013, 03:16 PM
Oh Wow!! I absolutely LOVE that picture frame Dianne :) I have never seen one like this before! You must be thrilled with that :)

Also, I received my beautiful Christmas Card from Maddy today :) Thank you Maddy :th_heart:

Debra
12-21-2013, 03:27 PM
I told you all this was going to be fun now didn't I? Lol

Great gifts being given out all around!

Mare
12-21-2013, 04:04 PM
Holy Guacamole!, Kendra!! You went far beyond anything Santa could EVER have accomplished! :th_biggrin: My birds, kitties, us and even Watson the rabbit, scored big time! Thank you so much, Kendra, you truly are a sweetheart! :). I'll get pics up soon!

kendrafitz
12-21-2013, 05:01 PM
You're welcome Mare!! I just realized I missed your dogs, ugh! Sorry about that. Hope everyone else enjoys their toys. ;)

Mare
12-21-2013, 05:46 PM
[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] MT&st=mamasnewhair&hm__ha=01_b71b8be83851746a68b51ebb6d10cfa16bd5de4b a32d9b8d3fd45b28fd120269&oneredir=1

The little Monkey kitty was all over the catnip toy, you can see her feet :). Thank you, again, Kendra, Sassy is already enjoying her hanging swing and I'll try and get a pic up with Watson chewing on his chew toy, you're the sweetest Santa, EVER!

Honesty
12-21-2013, 05:54 PM
I can't see anything:( It says "bad request"

Mare
12-21-2013, 06:24 PM
Sorry, my IPad is not being very friendly right now, so, I asked my daughter to send me a photo through my email and this is what we get :(. Still working on this..

Honesty
12-21-2013, 06:34 PM
Okay, look forward to seeing your pics :)

Blancaej
12-21-2013, 08:10 PM
Deb was my secret santa! She spoiled us!! Love the toys and especially the shoes for Quincy! :th_biggrin:

Thank you Deb!!! :youthewoman: :loveit:

Honesty
12-21-2013, 08:15 PM
We have all had some beautiful gifts :)

Blancaej
12-21-2013, 08:20 PM
Yes we have! I am glad Codie is enjoying the Crocs. :th_biggrin: Has he had those before or just the sneakers? It was such a no brainer on what to get him. I know he likes shoes as much as Quincy! LOL!

Honesty
12-21-2013, 08:33 PM
Yes we have! I am glad Codie is enjoying the Crocs. :th_biggrin: Has he had those before or just the sneakers? It was such a no brainer on what to get him. I know he likes shoes as much as Quincy! LOL!He is loving the crocs. No, he has not had these before. One of these kept him amused for about 2 hours, until he was quite satisfied it resembled a small pile of rubble :th_hehe: He then looked at me as if to say "Another Please" I told him he can have another one tomorrow :th_wink:

Blancaej
12-21-2013, 08:57 PM
Nice! That put a smile on my face! :th_biggrin: He sounds so much like Quincy!

Mare
12-21-2013, 09:00 PM
Alright, here we go, hope this works..

Yay! My critters are loving everything and Kendra, I want you to know, my dogs also love the catnip kitty toys :)! You truly were, WAY too generous but thank you :)

Honesty
12-21-2013, 09:05 PM
Nice! That put a smile on my face! :th_biggrin: He sounds so much like Quincy!Oh yes, he loves his shoes :) Do you know, he had his beady little eye on my chocolates! I said to him....Oh No Mr, those are totally out of bounds to you :th_hehe:

Blancaej
12-21-2013, 09:43 PM
He knows good food when he see's it! LOL!

kendrafitz
12-21-2013, 09:45 PM
Oh good Mare, I'm glad everyone likes everything! I felt so badly about the dogs, so I am relieved that they like the cats toys too! :th_chickendance:

I am really not as generous as you make it seem. I love to shop and find bargains, so much so that I have turned it into a small business. I live near Bird Paradise, which has awesome deals. Since I know a lot of the women there sometimes they are kind to me and I get an even better bargain. ;)

I was actually there yesterday for food and found a present for Rosie. (Although after Kim & Mina's gifts she doesn't really need anything!). I found an enormous a&e toy - ball thing monster - marked down to $40 (original price is b/t $120 - $150). I was so excited, until my husband saw it. He then proceeded to ask what on earth I was thinking, that ridiculously huge toy is going to pull the Java Tree over).

Since the toy is bigger than my dogs, he may be right! :th_embarassed:

Turquoise
12-21-2013, 09:50 PM
I'm on my way to work right now. Love all the things everyone has received. I feel like such a heel not getting my fiddies gifts on here yet. But ya'll just wait til tomorrow!! I shall return.

I'm also very concerned that my recipient has not come on here and even mentioned they received my gift to them. Unless in my haste to quickly read all the responses I missed it. If I don't Se anything about their gift tomorrow I will pm them to see if they ever got the package. By now ya'll should know wh lo she is anyway. Hope her Too liked her gifts if she got the package?

Honesty
12-21-2013, 09:51 PM
Wow, now that is HUGE Kendra. I am sure Rosie is going to have a field day with that. I wonder how long it will be before it is demolished?

kendrafitz
12-21-2013, 09:55 PM
My guess is it will take her a couple days. She loves the balls but goes through them so quickly. The good thing about the java toys is that I just reuse the java parts and add other parts. She doesn't chew much of the java at all.

Honesty
12-21-2013, 10:04 PM
I'm on my way to work right now. Love all the things everyone has received. I feel like such a heel not getting my fiddies gifts on here yet. But ya'll just wait til tomorrow!! I shall return.We all understand the hours you have to work, so don't feel bad! Look forward to seeing what you have received tomorrow :)

spiritbird
12-21-2013, 10:23 PM
I hung the new toy with all the bells in the cage today and it was an instant hit! Just like the rest of Santa's bounty. Thanks again Terri

Minamommy
12-22-2013, 12:32 AM
Turquoise a big birdie thank you from Mina and I. We have been on pins and needles waiting to open her gifts. She did a great job doing it herself by the way good thing I looked at the packing slip. The ornament was beautiful and went right on the tree. I could not have wished for better gifts. I have wanted a forage wheel for her!!! :awesome-smiley-emot:thank you: we also got your card and your flock is beautiful. I hung it in Mina's room. Now she keeps saying I love you when she is on that side of the cage. Not sure if it's to me anymore or your flock on the card lol. This was a wonderful idea I enjoyed giving as well as seeing Mina open hers. I hope we do it again.

Minamommy
12-22-2013, 12:45 AM
Kendra Mina are so glad Rosie likes her stuff. I hope that forage toy can work with a macaw beak. I stuff all kinds off crap in Mina's and she keeps just going to town. That toy you got is HUGE. I wish I could find nice toys around here. All we have is petsmart. They did away with all their big bird stuff. So now I have to send away for it. Then you have to hope you like what you got.

kendrafitz
12-22-2013, 01:02 AM
Kim - It will work, she is going to have a blast with it. Thank you again, it was such an awesome and fun surprise!!

If you ever have an idea of what you would like for Mina let me know. I can always check BP to see if they have something in their sale area and send it to you. Lately they have been having tons of sales in store, which aren't available online. Plus, for items that aren't on sale, they have monthly coupons on different brands and usually a coupon for 30% off any one item. Which is good for me with Rosie's food, otherwise the bill kills me!! Petsmart here has basically nothing for big beaks either. STINKS!!

Blancaej
12-22-2013, 02:07 AM
Love the pic Mare.

Sounds like everyone is having a great birdmas. Lol!

Kendra - that toy you got is huge!!

Here is a pic of Coqui checking out the toy from Deb.

kendrafitz
12-22-2013, 05:16 AM
Looks like Coqui approves!!! What great gifts!!!

Debra
12-22-2013, 02:15 PM
A[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] she likes it! I'm so glad.

Turquoise
12-22-2013, 05:55 PM
Kim I'm so glad to hear you did get the package! I was thinking maybe someone stole it if you have the same luck as many of us are these days with our package carriers just dropping the boxes anyplace convenient in the yard. I recently found my box with my two Montana West purses and the one purse I picked out for my friend in Buffalo, NY. outside my front fence gate. I didn't go out to check my mail til after 7:00pm that night and it had been lightly raining. I wasn't expecting the package til the next day, but I was home all day so the carrier could have knocked on my door & hand delivered it. I would have been more that furious if those 3 leather purses had gotten wet & ruined!!

I am also glad Mina likes her toys and did a good job of opening her gifts. I've never owned a Too, so I went by what you told Debra she liked & tried to cover a few different things to interest her. Then I saw the birdie ornaments and thought you might like one that resembled her to remember her first Secret Santa Christmas. :pinkgrin: That is sweet of Mina enjoying my flock's card. You tell Mina she is a darling and my flock says Hi to her!!:th_hug8:

Turquoise
12-22-2013, 06:19 PM
Mare!!! :glitter-omg-emotico:thankyou: My flock and I thank you so very much for their awesome gifts!! :big_hug:

I first gave Leyla Belle her ladder on her play perch and the 'Diva' that she is she could not resist coming right over to check out the new furniture. She then tried to unhook one side of it as if to tell me, "Gahhh Mom, you NEVER put my things where I want them!!":tmsmakesme:

I then went to hang the Birdie Pinata on Ruby Jewel's play perch and she went right over & promptly took a wooden bead off of it. I do believe Miss Ruby Jewel approves and thanks you with that gesture.:th_iagree:

Peta's Nest Egg foraging toy was the next to go inside her cage and to my surprise she went right over & started pulling colored paper strips out. She is usually shy around new toys til the hang in her cage for a few days, but this one caught her eye right fast!! You do know how to buy for my birds and they all thank you very much!! :dance55:

The silly parakeets are the only hold outs with their swing.:th_pinklol2: They will decide when they feel like accepting it. They are funny little creatures, but swings are one of their favorite toys.

I do have photos and I will get them ready & upload them when I get up from my nap. I got off work this morning at 6:00am & have not gotten to bed yet. I'm feeling it right about now & will get those pics up in a short little while. Thank you again Mare, you did really go out of your way to make my fiddie kids happy. Roscoe helped himself to the wrapping paper (shhhh, he doesn't know it, but I have photos to show his Secret Santa how naughty he has been) and I will let him & Angel have fun with the tennis shoes later when I can take photos of them to see how they like it. They have never had tennis shoes to chew on, but I bet they love them!! :th_wink:

Mare
12-22-2013, 07:59 PM
I'm so happy you and birdies like the gifts! :). I tie the tennies to Sassy's cage and she demolishes to her heart's content! The plastic tips on shoe laces are the first thing to go when Sassy is on the hunt :)

Pinkbirdy
12-23-2013, 12:43 AM
Sorry this took so long [photobucket wasn't working]. It was fun passing out the stuff today :) The caiques kept clinbing up their boings with that Tonka looking toy.;) nice durable stuff :) [Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] ([Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks])

Pinkbirdy
12-23-2013, 12:45 AM
I love the jewelry !!! [they're feathers ] I wore them out last night

Turquoise
12-23-2013, 07:24 AM
Alright folks I finally have my photos ready to post & boy do I have photos! I hooked my camera up to my computer, told it to find all photos, looked at the picture count and nearly fell out of my chair when I saw I had taken 186 photos of them and their Secret Santa gifts!! So this will take a little bit to get on here~~Yep, ya'll are going to be subject to many pictures of my fiddie kids enjoying their Christmas.

Santa's Gift for Flock

Roscoe showing Santa just how naughty he has been this Christmas.

"Geeez Mom, you could have made this just a wee bit easier!"

"Ahhh the virtues of having a long reach!"

"Hi'dy Mare" "I wuv your wapping paper"

"I can't be bothered with the gifts right now."

"I have to get my feathers ready for my Christmas photo shoot."

"What, one of my wing feathers still looks tattered?"

"This should just about do it!"

"Now tell me the truth my loyal subjects. " "Is this a gorgeous profile or what!!"

Turquoise
12-23-2013, 08:18 AM
Continuing with the Secret Santa Gifts that Mare so generously spoiled my flock with. The Diva, Miss Leyla Belle got a colorful ladder cause she likes climbing toys the best.

The Diva's Christmas Ladder

"Hmmph, Cheapskate!" "This all I got, some piddily colored paper?"

"Well, WELL, what have we here?"

"Oh My Ga[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]!" "For Me?!!!"

"I must check if this is quality wood."
"I cannot have inferior furniture in my home!"

"No, this spot will neva' do!" "Why what would
the ladies in the parrot social say if I didn't move it to a place of honor."

"Where is this Mare person?" "I just have
to thank her in a proper manner for making my home look fabulous!!"

Turquoise
12-23-2013, 08:56 AM
Moving right along with Peta's Calypso Nest Eggie.

Very colorful egg from Santa.

"Oh wow!" "Mom's trash has blown up & fell into my home."

"I love my eggie thingy Mommy!!"

Mommy, did Santa bring this to me?"

"I knew it!" "I knew I was a good girl"

"I just knew those mean budgies were lying
when they told me Santa wouldn't come see me."

"A really nice lady
named Mare gave me this?"

"Hi Mare, I wuv my toy." "And I know
you are really my Santa!"

"Mom, will you please show Mare how happy I am!"

Turquoise
12-23-2013, 09:39 AM
So we have come to the holdouts~~The budgies~~who are leery of anything new in their home. They will come around...eventually and swing thingys are their favorite. They like to hang out on them. :pinkgrin:

"You try it first." "Go on, I dare you."
"I'm not gonna' be the first one to get eaten by that monster!"

These will go to the Catalina boys. I'm sure they will love them & have them dismantled in a matter of minutes. Those two boys could destroy a solid stainless steel room! My budgies thank you Mare, even if they don't look like it in the photos. :thewave:

Honesty
12-23-2013, 09:58 AM
De'Andrea, this has made my day reading this! I have never laughed so much first thing in the morning :) You have some lovely gifts there and it looks like they are all loving them :)

Turquoise
12-23-2013, 10:37 AM
And now for the Grand Finale of Secret Santa's gift giving. Like I said, Mare went above & beyond to make this a super fun & exciting Christmas for my feathered kids.

Miss Ruby Jewel got the Birdie Pinata and she adores it. I must say it already has a nice hole in the back of its head and all the beads, plus some of the colored paper is gone. And she doesn't chew on toys nearly as much as the boys do.

The pretty pinata Santa left under the macaw tree.

"Awesome!!" "How did this just grow on here overnight?"

"Not too tasty, needs garlic!"

"You're telling me a big red fella came by & left it for me?" "DADDY?!!"

"Hey these are as much fun as the beady thingy."
"Hope it grows some more tomorrow."

"TeHe TeHe, I see you." "You don't see meee."

"This purple goes great with my color. I must
find a scarf in this shade before the birdie social."

"So Santa brought this to me?" "Does that mean
it ain't gonna' grow no more of em' when I chew this one up?"

"Hi Mare!" "Thanks for the beady thingy."
"See the pink in my beak?" "I like~~I like!!"

Turquoise
12-23-2013, 10:44 AM
Thanks Wendy. :good morning: I love adding captions to my photos tho I sometimes get carried away. When you have a Diva like Leyla Belle with her expressions it is so easy to come up with funny stuff. :pinkgrin::hybrid:

Honesty
12-23-2013, 11:41 AM
I am still laughing over it all :th_loltears:And you have added more since my last post! You really would do so well as adding captions to things for a living! :th_IAMAZON:

Debra
12-23-2013, 01:27 PM
That was great De'Andrea! I love how you showed us, um your fids showed us, your SS gifts. Mare did an outstanding job! This was fun and I can't wait for next year!

Honesty
12-23-2013, 01:51 PM
I am sure everyone will join me in saying a big :thankyou:to Debra for all her hard work in organizing the Secret Santa! You done a fantastic job Debra and it has been a lot of fun :th_chickendance:You do realize this is your permanent task for each year now ? :th_loltears: The Secret Santa Gift Exchange is officially yours :th_santa3: :th_hug8:

Debra
12-23-2013, 02:33 PM
I enjoyed doing it. I hope we DO make is an annual thing.

Honesty
12-23-2013, 02:46 PM
I enjoyed doing it. I hope we DO make is an annual thing.Absolutely a 100% annual thing :)

Turquoise
12-23-2013, 06:26 PM
I second that motion Wendy on this Secret Santa yearly Gift Giving being Debra 's Fabie!! I had no idea how it was supposed to work when she first purposed we do this. And she has done a fantastic job with it!!

I so hope we get lots of participants next Christmas season so it will be even more fun & harder to figure out who our SS is til the last minute.

Thanks Debra for all you do here. I am so very proud to call you my friend and I would never have had the pleasure of knowing you if not for our forum.

I would add hugs & things, but I'm on my phone headed to do some last minute shopping and it is hard to get my finger & the right smiley to agree with each other.

Mare
12-23-2013, 11:47 PM
De'Andrea, that was so special for me to read, as you are yourself :). I think next year my gifts are going to have to be cardboard egg cartons, they seem to appreciate them more than toys! :th_biggrin:

Debra
12-24-2013, 04:14 PM
Dianne -- thought I'd show you how much Lucy likes her piņata! I'd say it is a hit.

Turquoise
12-25-2013, 06:20 AM
Love that pic of Lucy with her pinata! :th_LOL: Looks strangely similar to Ruby Jewel's pinata. A few parts are missing or rearranged now.

Mare thank you! You are very special to me as is all the great friends I have come to love here!!:th_hug8: If it weren't for this forum I would not have gotten to meet so many of ya'll.

I kinda' cheated on my SS photos in a way cause I had an extra day to get photos and think on how I wanted to show them off. This was super fun and I will be much more ready this next year & get the gifts & cards out early~~I hope!!:th_hehe:

tonkatiel
01-06-2014, 01:15 AM
I received your card today Mare :D thank you!! xx

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk