PDA

View Full Version : Oscar the grouch

Parrotlover83
12-02-2013, 10:40 PM
[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] does anybody else find their military's grouchy? Mine certainly lives up to his name, he is also the most destructive of all my parrots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk ([Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks])

Honesty
12-02-2013, 10:55 PM
What a beautiful pic! He is adorable :)

Blancaej
12-02-2013, 11:22 PM
He is a beauty? Don't have a military, so can't help you there. He looks young.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Debra
12-02-2013, 11:43 PM
Oh, he's beautiful! No macaws here either.

plax
12-02-2013, 11:51 PM
does anybody else find their military's grouchy? Mine certainly lives up to his name, he is also the most destructive of all my parrots.Yes. My Maynard is the king grouch around here. He gets angry about nearly everything ;)

Pinkbirdy
12-03-2013, 01:28 AM
Its funny your posting this [Im showing Dave :)] . I had a deposit on a military [and would go see him all the time] He did seem miserable [and he was a baby!!. The staff and I did name him "Oscar the grouch".I was wanted by this Catalina macaw [Harlow} so we changed are minds. Now that I know about Macaws I would have taken them both .:)

Parrotlover83
12-03-2013, 12:37 PM
Wow Plax is that your hyacinth in picture? My dream bird. What are they like to own?

Parrot Power...........:-)

Honesty
12-03-2013, 01:04 PM
If you have a look through the Macaw forum you will see quite a few pics and videos of Zaf which is plax (Tony's) hyacinth :) Zaf is the hy in our banner.

We are in a different time zone to plax, but I know when he comes on later on, he will be happy to tell you all about Zaf :)

plax
12-03-2013, 01:42 PM
Wow Plax is that your hyacinth in picture? My dream bird. What are they like to own?Well, Zaf is the only Hy I've ever owned, but getting him was the best decision I've ever made! He's my best friend and he's abundantly cuddly and playful. He loves to take naps with me and fall asleep on my chest... he's a lot like a living fluffy teddy bear (who's shaped like a bird) ;). I absolutely adore him!!!

Parrot Power...........:-)I like your slogan, partly because I have always exclaimed "RED PARROT POWER!" to Salsa, my GW, in hopes that he will begin saying it one of these days. But alas, despite that Salsa is quite a talker, he has never seemed interested in repeating that particular statement :(. I still often say it though.

Turquoise
12-08-2013, 08:54 AM
Oscar may be a grouch, but he is a beautiful grouch! He's sure enjoying that watermelon and looks so cute with such a large piece. :)

I have never owned a Military macaw and I have never seen one in person. So I can't help you with the personality either.