PDA

View Full Version : ~~The Chatting Tree~~

Turquoise
11-29-2013, 09:37 AM
I added this poem here because it is a recognition to our forum from me. If it doesn't belong here, then let me know where I should move it to or delete it if it is not a proper thing to post. The photo is of an Old Mesquite tree next to my house, my favorite native tree in my area. :)

I wrote this poem one night this week while at work. It was a slow night in 2 tower and my idle mind began to wander. This poem is heartfelt by me and is how I feel about our forum and the many friends I have made since Wendy and Tony created this place for us to come, hang out on a limb for a spell and visit with our friends about our favorite subjects~~Our Feathered Fabies~~:th_biggrin:

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

~~The Chatting Tree~~
By De'Andrea M. Bray (Priddy)

There is a place beyond the clouds where flocks of all species gather.
They squawk and they talk and they prance around stately.
Showing off their beautiful feathers.

They gather round the Chatting Tree.
They vie for the choicest limbs.
Some dare to shout~~"Hey, look at me!"
Some view themselves a precious gem.

Many fly in to this Old Tree, they come to check on dear friends.
They leave their mark for all to see.
A scratch here, a feather there.
What's left behind, it all depends.

The Chatting Tree stands ready for all.
It's limbs have nestled quite many.
It longs for the nighttime to hear the last bird call.
It shelters them gently, come one~come plenty.

Yes, this Old Tree beyond the clouds,
Is very well known and friendly.
It is the place I go to be part of the crowd.
My Friends, My Flock, My Family!

It's the Precisely Parrots Forum,
The Tree I speak of so dearly.
It welcomes us home, it's our favorite forum.

There, over there. I see it so clearly.
~~This is Our Chatting Tree~~
~~This is Our Home~~

Honesty
11-29-2013, 01:39 PM
De'Andrea, What a beautiful poem. It bought a tear to my eye :)

You have a great talent for poetry and you have been hiding it all this time! :th_heart:

plax
11-29-2013, 02:14 PM
Very touching, De'Andrea! Thanks for posting this deeply meaningful poem of yours... I love it :)

Turquoise
11-29-2013, 02:56 PM
Thanks Wendy and Tony, it is from the heart and everything I feel about this place. It means a lot to me that you two approve of and love it. :th_hug8:

Wendy, I have been writing poems since I was a girl in school. I don't write much anymore. I get this talent from my Mom, my oldest sister writes poems also. Mom wrote many a poem in her day, she is where I get most of my creative talent from as well. My Dad was creative with making saddles, quirts, bull whips leather works of all kinds and spurs. He also had a way with animals. That's why when I create something that comes from within me I use my given name. To me it is honoring my Mother and Father for giving me the ability to do this. I am just borrowing my married name, it is not who I really am or ever will be. :)

Words just come to me and I can put them down on paper, but when they don't I can't write to save my sole. It's the same way I paint, crochet/knit, or any of my crafts. I can just feel what color works best. If it doesn't feel right and I go ahead and use the color, it will drive me nuts til I take it out & redo it with the right one. I can't explain it, it is how I create whatever project I set my mind to do. :th_biggrin:

Honesty
11-29-2013, 03:27 PM
Thanks Wendy and Tony, it is from the heart and everything I feel about this place. It means a lot to me that you two approve of and love it. :th_hug8:You are very welcome and it also means a lot to us to have you as part of our forum :)

Wendy, I have been writing poems since I was a girl in school. I don't write much anymore. I get this talent from my Mom, my oldest sister writes poems also. Mom wrote many a poem in her day, she is where I get most of my creative talent from as well. My Dad was creative with making saddles, quirts, bull whips leather works of all kinds and spurs. He also had a way with animals. That's why when I create something that comes from within me I use my given name. To me it is honoring my Mother and Father for giving me the ability to do this. I am just borrowing my married name, it is not who I really am or ever will be. :)Thats lovely how you have taken after your Mum in writing poems. You certainly have a flair for it!
My Mum also has many creative talents, but sadly I did not take after her at all :(

Blancaej
11-29-2013, 04:14 PM
That is a beautiful poem De'! What a nice tribute to our wonderful forum. You are a wonderful writer! :th_biggrin:

Turquoise
11-29-2013, 04:31 PM
Thank you Blanca. :th_hug8:

I love your Holiday signature, it is adorable!:th_biggrin:

Blancaej
11-29-2013, 04:56 PM
Thanks De'Andrea! I had more fun making that one. :th_biggrin:

kendrafitz
11-30-2013, 04:04 AM
You are such a talented poet! Absolutely beautiful and heartfelt, I love it. The picture is beautiful as well. Really helps to picture the tree in your poem.

Turquoise
11-30-2013, 04:43 AM
Thank you Kendra.:th_hug8: I thought it would have a bit more feeling with a tree to envision along with it as you said.

The Old Mesquites in my area are my favorite native trees. They have such character with their gnarled trunks and limbs.

Debra
11-30-2013, 02:25 PM
Lovely poem De'. You are very talented with words.