PDA

View Full Version : Look What Someone Did For Me Today

Blancaej
11-23-2013, 01:56 AM
Coqui stepped up on my arm today. 3 times at that! None of her previous owners have gotten her to step up on the arm, only on a perch! Love our progress! :th_biggrin:

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

Pinkbirdy
11-23-2013, 02:04 AM
Blanca !! That's great [she knows your a bird person].I love her picture with her head upside down :) I bet shes loving the attention from your family [your husband sounds like a bird person too!}

kendrafitz
11-23-2013, 02:13 AM
Yayyyy Coqui and Blanca! So happy for both of you, incredible progress!!

Blancaej
11-23-2013, 02:23 AM
Thanks Ladies! I am really proud of my little Coqui taking that big step! She is such a great girl!

Terri - My hubby loves our birds to pieces but just can't get himself to handle them much yet. I am hoping he will get the confidence to take the plunge. His only experience with large birds is with my Quincy. As you may recall, my Quincy likes to bite. So I can understand his hesitation as he has lived 10 years with the little nippy dude! LOL!

Pinkbirdy
11-23-2013, 02:54 AM
We were tge 4th home of our first bird [max our grey]. He liked Dave [and bit the crap out of me].I was scared to death of birds [grey bites are the worst [so I don't blame your husband ] I was there!! I developed a great fear of them even though I had really learned to love Max. I wanted my own ,got over my fear [which was big ,and the madness began!!} Got my motorcycle liscense and thought [I can do anything now] Lets get a Macaw!!! :)

Blancaej
11-23-2013, 03:22 AM
LOL! Terri that is a great story! I will have to share your experience with him. Savannah is such a sweetheart. I know he could handle her. :)

Quincy bites me too but I just deal with it. He's lucky I love him so much! Lol!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Mare
11-23-2013, 03:41 AM
Good girl, Coqui! Congrats on the great progress, Blanca!

ShellyBorg
11-23-2013, 03:42 AM
You are doing great with her! She looks great on your arm. :D

Turquoise
11-23-2013, 06:35 AM
Awesome Blanca & Coqui!! That is wonderful that she is accepting you as her special person so soon. if she didn't like/love you already she would never have done this for you.:th_biggrin: Coqui is a gorgeous girl and it looks like you have found your sole mate in her once again like with Savannah. :th_hug8:

My hubby doesn't try to hold mine as much as he could either. Of course all of them except Peta would rather tear his eyes out than be touched by 'The Other'.:th_LOL: But...if one of them gets off their play perch and can't see me anywhere, they will allow Jerry to pick them up and be placed back on the perch or in their cage. Once on familiar grounds it is back to being mortal enemies again. They seem to live by the old cliche, "Any port in a storm." :th_biggrin:

Honesty
11-23-2013, 08:26 AM
Wow! Thats fantastic Blanca. That just goes to show how much Coqui is loving it in her new home with you :)

spiritbird
11-23-2013, 01:44 PM
She seems right at home and why wouldn't she? It is lovely to see family gatherings where birds are present.

Blancaej
11-23-2013, 04:50 PM
Good girl, Coqui! Congrats on the great progress, Blanca!

Thanks Mare!

You are doing great with her! She looks great on your arm. :D

I can't believe our progress. Feels good. Thanks!

Awesome Blanca & Coqui!! That is wonderful that she is accepting you as her special person so soon. if she didn't like/love you already she would never have done this for you.:th_biggrin: Coqui is a gorgeous girl and it looks like you have found your sole mate in her once again like with Savannah. :th_hug8:

My hubby doesn't try to hold mine as much as he could either. Of course all of them except Peta would rather tear his eyes out than be touched by 'The Other'.:th_LOL: But...if one of them gets off their play perch and can't see me anywhere, they will allow Jerry to pick them up and be placed back on the perch or in their cage. Once on familiar grounds it is back to being mortal enemies again. They seem to live by the old cliche, "Any port in a storm." :th_biggrin:

Brad can also pick up Quincy on a perch if need be. LOL! I know your husband loves your flock as well. You and I both seem to be the "handlers". LOL! I don't mind really, but it would be nice to see Brad and the birds interact more. Since he seems to want to. He has gotten Savannah out of her cage on the perch before but lately he has opted to open her cage and let her climb onto her playgym. It's easier I guess. Oh well, as long as he loves them and enjoys having them around, that is all that really matters I suppose. :th_wink:

Wow! Thats fantastic Blanca. That just goes to show how much Coqui is loving it in her new home with you :)

She does seem like a happy girl. :)

She seems right at home and why wouldn't she? It is lovely to see family gatherings where birds are present.

I think she is loving the family environment. :)