PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Essex! [uk]

daves mummy
11-22-2013, 10:20 AM
Hi there,
My name is Lisa and I am owned by Dave, my 2 and a half year old Amazon. He hates me and is bonded to my daughter but... meh, such is life!
I also have 2 Great Danes, 3 Yorkshire Terriers, 2 cats and a marine tank... I work from home so my animals are my passion. Oh and 2 skin kids.

Looking forward to getting to know you all :th_hug8: [nice smileys lol]

Lisa x

daves mummy
11-22-2013, 10:29 AM
[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] ([Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks])

Opps rather large but I'll work it out eventually lol... Meet Dave.. beak cleaning!

Honesty
11-22-2013, 10:31 AM
Hi Lisa and :pp_welcome:Its really great to see you here :th_chickendance:

Sorry to hear that Dave is now bonded to your Daughter, but it still sounds like you love him to bits:)

Lovely pic of him with his toothbrush. LOL

daves mummy
11-22-2013, 10:37 AM
Hi Wendy!

I've emailed you. Looks like a great forum you have going on here hun... How's the lovely Codie?

Lisa x

Honesty
11-22-2013, 10:51 AM
Thanks Lisa. Codie is absolutely fine. He has his moody moments, but I think they all do. Its just a case of reading their body language as you probably know with Dave.

Look forward to hearing lots more about Dave :)

spiritbird
11-22-2013, 01:23 PM
Hi there Lisa. This forum is a wonderful place to meet and chat with bird lovers.

Debra
11-22-2013, 02:36 PM
Hello and welcome Lisa and Dave! Dave is beautiful. I know what you mean about having a bird be bonded to another. I have an ekkie who only has eyes for my hubby.....and my toes for a snack. lol

plax
11-22-2013, 02:44 PM
Greetings Lisa... Welcome to our community of parrots and their people :D. Dave sounds to be quite opinionated. I love his toothbrush photo and will be looking forward to more snaps of him. Thanks for joining us :)

Cami
11-22-2013, 02:50 PM
Hi There! Great pic of Dave, oral hygiene is important :th_biggrin:
I always heard and experienced birds bonding to the opposite sex, Spencer loved my husband (at the time) but after several years despised him, and I became the fav. I didn't know that a mother/daughter dynamic was the same way.

Mayden
11-22-2013, 04:31 PM
So nice to hear of more people on the forums from the UK! Welcome!

daves mummy
11-22-2013, 07:41 PM
Thank you all for the welcome.

Dave is a funny one really. He can be fine with all of us really [I have a son as well]. We can all handle him, feed him play with him and at times he can bite us all equally too lol But it's my daughter he goes mad for, as soon as she gets home he's bobbing around and calling for her. If she goes upstairs... he goes upstairs and when she leaves the house he opens the curtain and watches her go.... bless.

Lisa x

Blancaej
11-22-2013, 07:45 PM
Hi Lisa & Dave & Welcome! I look forward to getting to know you! :)

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Honesty
11-22-2013, 07:46 PM
Aww, thats so sweet that Dave opens the curtain to watch your daughter go :)

Codie just hates everyone, apart from me and my Mum LOL

Turquoise
11-23-2013, 02:04 AM
Welcome to the flock Lisa and Dave!:th_greet13: Look forward to hearing more about 'Life with Dave' and his obsession with your daughter.

Dave's toothbrush photo is super!! Too bad you didn't get it in on our Jubilee November Photo Competition that just closed today. It would have been a great entry for the theme. Hopefully you can join in on the fun with another awesome photo of Dave for our upcoming photo competition in December.:th_biggrin:

kendrafitz
11-23-2013, 02:25 AM
Hi and welcome! Looking forward to reading all about your adventures with Dave. Love the pic!

Mare
11-23-2013, 03:21 AM
Hi Lisa and welcome to you and Dave! He sounds like a real character! We look forward to hearing more about your adventures with Dave :)