PDA

View Full Version : Sleep study

Debra
11-20-2013, 04:43 PM
I had a sleep study done last night. The technician told me this morning that I snored ALL night. lol. No wonder I don't wake up refreshed. Now I'm going to have to go back and have another one done but with a mask this time. Not looking forward to that. Sounds like I'm going to have to get one of those CPAP machines to sleep.

spiritbird
11-20-2013, 07:34 PM
If it gives you better sleep at night small price to wear the mask. Also have you checked with an ENT doc to see if there is a surgical approach? Sometimes there is.

Honesty
11-20-2013, 07:41 PM
Good luck with that Debra!

ShellyBorg
11-20-2013, 10:38 PM
You will feel so much better after they fit you and you get some good sleep!

Pablola
11-20-2013, 11:41 PM
Hiya , hubby tells me he hears me snoring , hey. It not as bad as his . Hey don't worry ,tjey get used to it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Garnet
11-21-2013, 03:45 AM
I have used a CPAP machine for years and once I got used to having the mask on my face, I couldn't sleep without it. It took me several months to sleep comfortably with the mask on, kinda makes you feel like you can't breathe. I started out using it as long as I could stand it, then gradually worked up to the entire night. I know when I don't use it I have a horrible headache and sore throat the next morning. Good luck and do what they tell you, you will be glad you use this machine. It might save your life too.

Blancaej
11-21-2013, 03:20 PM
I am sure you will be fine Debra! Good luck and keep us posted. Stay positive. :)

aliray
11-22-2013, 11:42 PM
Debra. just read your post and if you have sleep apnea it does have some nasty effects on your heart, BP, and feeling refreshed in the Am. My husband has been using a Cpap for about 15 years and even uses it if he lays down to take a nap. Besides snoring he used to stop breathing many times during the night and then gasp for breath all without even waking up. Good luck with test and if you do need it ,it will make a big difference. Alison

Turquoise
11-23-2013, 03:09 AM
Hope all goes well with your next step in getting fit for the CPAP machine. From what I hear & read it is a great thing to have if you snare and quit breathing during sleep. Lack of sleep and stopping breathing while sleeping is linked to heart disease and high BP.

My hubby went through the first sleep study a few years ago, was found to stop breathing many times and snored profusely. He was supposed to go back in for the fitting of the mask and never would make the appt. or go back! He still complains about not getting any sleep or feeling tired even tho he slept sound and I remind him he didn't finish the testing. No hope for the man and he does have high BP & heart disease!