PDA

View Full Version : Kinji The explorer

Copper
04-18-2013, 11:52 PM
Kinji walked a few times on the floor, but I felt each time I was a bit over eager to interacted and loosed a good training/interacting opportunity.

Kinji knows I keep th goodies under Rosie's cage. Today she/he climbed down and was heading on over. I talked to him some and grabbed a nutri cake bag to give him a treat. he was very happy to take it and eat it in the floor.

All today we'd been having a great time. He's been very responsive to me and even asked "give me a kiss" which I did, he was sooo happy and wanted about 15 more(in a row!) before he was satisfied LOL.

So seeing him happy on the floor was just another good part of our day. It would of been perfect if my small dog Sugar(maltese papillion) wasn't on the bed sizing him up. I picked up Kinji to get him off the floor and she jumped down in excitement scaring Kinji and making him fly to the floor. I love sugar so much, but she's been so predatory since my sister bought two guinea pigs. Rosie never goes on the floor so it's never been a probably before. I'm her favorite person, and I LOVE sugar, but I think my room should be off limits when the birdies cages are open since Kenji tends to walk around.

Safety first ;)

roxynoodle
04-19-2013, 12:09 AM
Oh, definitely safety first. I do not let my cat or dog interact with my birds when they are out, just in case. It may not even necessarily be a predatory move, but a playful one that either could make and kill or injure a bird. Even a small dog is bigger than most birds.

Wendy K.
04-19-2013, 12:28 AM
Well said, Ashley and Audrey!!

I still think you are taking giant leaps in the right direction with Kinji, Ashley. :) Considering he's only been with you for a relatively short amount of time, he is coming a LONG way. I love hearing you talk about him so lovingly. I bet you can't even imagine life without him now, can you?

Copper
04-19-2013, 01:48 AM
Thankyou Wendy :D He has been doing pretty awesome. I'm always stunned by him, one of the biggest is how change doesn't really phase him. The only thing he really doesn't like is boxes if it's being held or slid accross the floor. I feel I've really hit the jackpot for a well raised gray, even if he doesn't step up from his cage he is such a awesome birdie and I know we'll get past that one day.

It is almost hard to imagine things back to how they used to be a month and three days ago. Strange since it isn't a long amount of time, birds really make a place in our hearts :)

Here's two pics of him eating his lafeabers cake on the floor today

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] [Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

roxynoodle
04-19-2013, 12:08 PM
My Grey is also not stressed by nearly everything. They aren't all phobic basket cases :) I'm glad your baby is doing well.

gemini_84
04-19-2013, 11:00 PM
your doing a wonderful job with kinji, ashley. its very obvious to us all that love him and rosie very much, in the way they recpricate your feelings. you have a beautiful boy there. keep up the amazing work

Copper
04-20-2013, 06:08 AM
Thanks Amanda :)

Antoinette
04-20-2013, 06:34 PM
Keep up the good work with kinji Ashley.
He sure is beginning to "shine"

:cheerful:

Blancaej
04-23-2013, 02:14 AM
Ashley - That is great! I am glad things are continuing to progress. You are so good with your birdie babies, I am not surprised! Kinji is a cutie! Keep up the good work! :)