PDA

View Full Version : Lucy, Lucy, Lucy

Debra
11-19-2013, 06:59 PM
What are we gonna do with her? When she's out of her cage, she runs and hides behind the laundry baskets in our bedroom. Well, we started to leave today and my hubby went to get her. He couldn't find her. He searched high and low. Finally, he moved the ironing board out of the corner and there she was. Jerry picked her up and underneath her was a cat ball that lights up. That little turd was nesting that ball in the dark corner! I hear her now back there moving it around and talking to it because it won't cooperate. Silly little girl. Now we know why she's been going after my hubby's feet too when he gets near her spot. I suppose I should remove the ball but she's enjoying herself. Thoughts on this??

Mare
11-19-2013, 08:43 PM
It's kind of sweet, really :). I don't have the "correct" answer but I can't see any harm in it, myself. Seems to me like she is doing what comes naturally.

spiritbird
11-19-2013, 10:22 PM
If it makes her happy and is safe go for it! Maybe she is practicing.

Honesty
11-19-2013, 10:43 PM
I agree, if its making her happy then leave it :)

jules
11-19-2013, 10:48 PM
has lucy laid any eggs yet? :)

if you think it wont encourage her or make her hormonal, then it's doing no harm x

Debra
11-19-2013, 11:14 PM
Lucy stays hormonal. Haven't been able to break that for the past few years. The ball isn't making her worse though.

Jules -- she is 18 and past her egg laying stage, although she desperately wants to be a mommy.

ShellyBorg
11-20-2013, 12:26 AM
I would let her, as long as she does not start showing signs of depression because it will not hatch and she is still eating good.

Blancaej
11-21-2013, 03:35 PM
I agree with everyone else. Just keep an eye on her. If it continues to make her happy, all should be fine.

Turquoise
11-22-2013, 04:24 AM
Oh how cute!! Photos next time!! Better yet~~Video!!:th_biggrin:

I think I have read that fake eggs~~i.e., cat ball~~is the best way to stop laying. So if it helps stop the laying so they can focus on hatching, why shouldn't it work for a should we say~~more mature Redhead named Lucy!~~:th_hug8: What I have also read is that after a normal hatch period the female parrot normally abandons the eggs as not being viable with no ill effects. Of course it doesn't work for all feathered girls, but it is the best route to go when trying to live with a hormonal female parrot. :th_faint: