PDA

View Full Version : She showed me

josiesmom
11-19-2013, 12:17 PM
The last few times that I cleaned Josie's cage, I noticed that she is only eating the fruit pellets (not the purples ones of course) and leaving all the veggie pellets. For a while, I had them in their own bowls with a water bowl near each but since I noticed her preference (even though she used to love the veggie pellets) I mixed them. She threw out the veggie and ate the fruit minus the purple. So, yesterday I only gave her veggie pellets with her usual mixed nuts, birdie bread and fresh fruits. She hasn't been loving fresh fruits lately either so this did not please her at all. When I got home from work, the pellets where thrown all around, the nuts were gone and the dish with the fresh food in it was filled with pieces of her wood toys that she worked very hard to destroy. I will be giving her some fruit pellets today. I guess she showed me who's boss!

Debra
11-19-2013, 12:55 PM
She sure did tell you! Funny how they get their preferences known to us, isn't it.

Lucy says you can send her the purple ones. She goes for those first.

plax
11-20-2013, 09:16 PM
It seems impossible to get certain birds to eat healthier items. If I try to feed Jack anything different from what he would like to have he'll literally place himself on a hunger strike. One way or another, they usually do make their preferences known quite clearly ;)

Blancaej
11-20-2013, 09:39 PM
LOL! Temperment of a 2 year old! He He!

spiritbird
11-20-2013, 09:57 PM
Perhaps she would like the natural looking pellets.

ShellyBorg
11-20-2013, 10:40 PM
Got to love them, there is a good chance that after awhile she will go back to only eating the veggi ones.

Pablola
11-20-2013, 11:31 PM
Ha ah ha they know,what tjey like and don't you change it , ha ha ha just you dare or there gonna be food not eaten all over the place

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD