PDA

View Full Version : The Budgies Meet!

Maddy
11-19-2013, 06:13 AM
Dobby and Devynn's quarantine ended today, so they got to meet Bellatrix and Hermione! They've been tweeting back and forth all month, so I was excited to introduce them to each other. So I let Bella and Mione out of their cage, grabbed a large piece of millet, and brought Dobby and Devynn into my bedroom. Dobby flew to my vacuum, and Dev down to my floor. I grabbed the millet and got Bella to fly to my hand. Then I went over to where Dev was on the floor, and sat down next to her. I rested my hand on the ground next to her, and after watching Bella eat for a second, she joined in. Hermione saw that we had millet, and of course had to come get some. However, she wasn't able to find her way to it. After a minute she was able to get to the front and started chomping down on the millet with the other girls. After a little while, I heard the lovely sound of flying wings, and felt Dobby land on my back. He then flew to the floor, and joined in on the millet party. By then, I had just set the millet on the floor, sat back, and watched them. They all sure love millet!

(Ignore my messy floor)

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] ([Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks])

They got along pretty well. The girls all seem to like each other. Dobby really likes Bella. He was flirting with her, lol! He got up real close to her, and puffed his belly out, had his neck all stretched up, and his head puffed forward. He chatter at her and tried to preen her, but she really didn't want him to.

Their meeting was also a bit emotional for me. Seeing four birds together reminded me so much of my old flock. Weasley, Jacob, Bella, and Hermione. It's been so long since I've seen four birds interact together.... seeing them eat millet together and just have all of them in one cage like Bella and Hermione used to do with Weasley and Jacob made me tear up a bit.

coltfire
11-19-2013, 06:18 AM
Maddy they seem to be really enjoy them self there, i bet your glad they could finally be together

Honesty
11-19-2013, 08:41 AM
I bet they are so happy to finally meet!

Debra
11-19-2013, 12:02 PM
They'll be best friends in no time! Look at them go after that millet. I love to see scenes like this.

Maddy
11-19-2013, 08:38 PM
Thanks guys! Yeah, I was really happy to introduce them to each other! :th_biggrin:

spiritbird
11-19-2013, 10:24 PM
Budgies like to be in a flock for sure. I once knew a neighbor who had two American budgies together in a tiny cage for 8 years and they have never been out for any reason. She was not open to any education or suggestions. At least there were two.

Blancaej
11-21-2013, 03:31 PM
:th_biggrin: One big happy flock!

Cami
11-21-2013, 04:39 PM
What a sweet picture, I'd love to see a video with them all interacting. You must be a Harry Potter fan.