PDA

View Full Version : conjunctiveivitis

coltfire
11-19-2013, 01:33 AM
Can birds get conjunctivitis , i ask this as my white face tiel every morning has big trouble opening her eyes, now there is no gunk in or around her eyes but i can pat her first thing of morning and today i actually had to take her out and it was not until i wiped her eyes, with a salt water mix that she opened them it was as some one had stitched them closed the others where pushing her out of the way so she was a wake but eye's were not open, and ive noticed this over the last week or so of a morning i went and got some saline to bather her eye's just in case but has any one come across this before.

Honesty
11-19-2013, 08:44 AM
Have a look at this article. It seems they can get conjunctivitis.

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks].UoskouK8xx8

Debra
11-19-2013, 11:56 AM
I have no personal experience with this. I hope she doesn't have an infection or something. Let us know how she's doing.

coltfire
11-20-2013, 12:47 AM
well she does have conjunctivitis, and i found an avian vet not to far from me, with 25 years under his belt, i rang him this morning and we had a good talk for about 15 min, i like this guy he seems to know what he is talking about and the other good thing is he also does reptiles , so i found me new vet, now the best thing is he told me i do not need to bring her in atm, as what i am doing with her is all that he would have told me to do but at $95 to tell me, but as he said if it does not look like its clearing in 3/4 days then i will need to bring her in, also told be careful and make sure i wash hand properly as humans can catch it from cockatiels , but i wash up any way i dont want it spreading, any where, and she even is starting to look better with just one day of bathing.

coltfire
11-20-2013, 12:55 AM
Have a look at this article. It seems they can get conjunctivitis.

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks].UoskouK8xx8

Thanks Wendy i found that site not long before you put it up.