PDA

View Full Version : Coqui Cuddles

Blancaej
11-18-2013, 02:54 AM
For a awhile now I've been able to pet Coqui on her head, beak, tongue, feet and under her wings. Pretty much all over when she is on her door perch of her cage. It's a safe place for her and she is the most relaxed. Just a couple of days ago she let me start petting her like this on her play gym. Which is great progress for her and a huge sign of trust. I spend about 1 hour a day with her on my lap on her perch. Her guard is up because she is so low and she is still adjusting to the kids. So I can pat her here and there but not really pet her a lot on my lap. But her progress is coming along so well.

I brought my mom over to visit today and she wouldn't come out of her cage so I went in and pet her on her door perch about every 20 minutes. The 4th time around I decided to tape her for Linda and Luis (her previous owners). She was a little apprehensive this time around because my phone was staring at her. LOL! But she did relax after a minute or two and even let me continue to pet her when Brad came into the bird room to put Blueberry back in his cage. It's a bit long, but I thought I would share the video with my fellow forum flock. :th_biggrin:

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

Debra
11-18-2013, 01:50 PM
Oh, that's great! It's good to see her settling in so well. I loved it when she would lay her head on your chest. Shows the trust level is getting stronger.

kendrafitz
11-18-2013, 01:53 PM
Thank you for sharing! It us so nice to see her cuddling with you. You are really building quite a bond.

Honesty
11-18-2013, 02:11 PM
:thanks4sharingthumb Blanca. It really does look like the bond is getting there between you and Coqui :)

Blancaej
11-18-2013, 02:33 PM
Thanks Ladies! She is such a sweetheart when it's time for cuddles. She is so cute when she lays her head on my chest like that. So content and happy. That is my favorite part too Debra. :th_biggrin:

Pinkbirdy
11-18-2013, 03:46 PM
Nice Video Blanca [thanks for sharing]. I always like this [it shows how great Macaws can be ] :)

Blancaej
11-18-2013, 04:18 PM
They really are mushy little critters. I love it though! :D

I can't wait to see what she will be like when she's totally relaxed with all of us!

spiritbird
11-18-2013, 05:04 PM
Your bird room looks awesome! I love the way your interact with her. She literally gave you "the bird" if you know what I mean.:th_toofunny:

Blancaej
11-18-2013, 08:19 PM
LOL Dianne! The bird room is working well for all my fids. No more room though. So I have to be done! ;)

JadeC
11-19-2013, 06:00 PM
A[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] I like when she's all fluffy hehe She seems like she trusts you

Maddy
11-19-2013, 08:41 PM
Aww that's so sweet! :th_heart:

Blancaej
11-21-2013, 03:29 AM
Thanks Jade & Maddy! She just gets sweeter and sweeter with each passing day! :th_biggrin:

plax
11-22-2013, 05:56 AM
I'm convinced that Coqui now has the perfect loving home :)

Blancaej
11-22-2013, 12:10 PM
A[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] Tony. :th_biggrin:

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

ShellyBorg
11-22-2013, 03:50 PM
She looks so sweet! Wish some of us lived closer. Would be fun to have bird outings!

Blancaej
11-22-2013, 07:41 PM
I know it! That would be cool. We can only dream for now I guess. :(

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2