PDA

View Full Version : We won a photo contest!!

Feathers First Aviary
11-15-2013, 07:53 AM
I'm one of those people that never wins anything so I wanted to share in my excitement! About a year ago, around christmas I started looking up different pet photo contests online and entering them, I had a few really cute pictures and I was always seeing people sharing photo contests on facebook so I thought, why not?! I entered a few, found a few that were scams and completely got sick of the ones on facebook because when it came down to it, it wasn't who had the best picture, it was who could con enough of their friends into liking the picture and the company holding the contests page. I was not into forcing my friends to like these pages and my pictures just so I could win, what's the fun in that? In the end, nothing ever came of it and I completely forgot I ever even entered, assuming they were all over. Well, wasn't I surprised when I checked my email yesterday and had one from agway saying that my picture won the december 2013 photo contest!! I was really confused at first and honestly thought it was a scam. So I went to agway's facebook page and messaged them directly to see if this email was legit. They messaged me back and I found out that if you don't win one month, they automatically enter your photo every month unless you ask them to take it down. So a full year after I entered this contest I ended up winning lol. So we will be getting a $25 gift card to our local agway store and our picture will be featured on their website for the month of december, in their newsletter and on their facebook page! It was a nice, very unexpected bit of news so I thought I'd share with you all. And here's the picture that won, it's of one of our green rumped parrotlet babies from last year :)

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] ([Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks])

Hehe, poor guy looks so embarrassed!

Honesty
11-15-2013, 08:17 AM
Wow! Congrats Sara. What a lovely surprise :)

I can quite see how your picture won. It is so cute!

Feathers First Aviary
11-15-2013, 08:19 AM
Thanks Wendy :)

coltfire
11-15-2013, 09:05 AM
can defiantly see why it won, even if it did take a year how cute is that pic , congrates

JudiNH
11-15-2013, 10:26 AM
Oh my gosh, thats adorable! Congrats!!

Debra
11-15-2013, 03:40 PM
That is a precious pic! Congratulations on winning!

Feathers First Aviary
11-15-2013, 04:02 PM
Thanks for all the kind words everyone :)

spiritbird
11-15-2013, 09:31 PM
It looks like a Christmas card!

Pablola
11-15-2013, 10:31 PM
Well no wonder you won , it a. Brilliant photo , you should get it blown up AMD framed

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Feathers First Aviary
11-15-2013, 10:35 PM
It looks like a Christmas card!
I actually said to Nick(my husband, I hate referring to him simply as my husband so I'm just going to use his name from now on and if anyone doesn't know who he is they can just ask lol) a couple days ago that we should make a christmas card with us and the birds to send out to all our babies parronts this year, the problem is, I don't have most of their addresses, I keep records on their name, phone number and their birds but I never collected addresses because I never really needed them for anything. Unless they send me something by mail or I'm shipping a bird to them, I don't really have a need to ask for it. So I think from now on I'm going to start getting that info as well so next year we can do fun holiday stuff like sending out cards, I know it probably seems cheesy but it's just one more way for me to keep in touch with all of our babies parronts :)

Feathers First Aviary
11-15-2013, 10:59 PM
Well no wonder you won , it a. Brilliant photo , you should get it blown up AMD framed

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thanks :) I actually think I like these better, I entered the green rump because I know not everyone finds baby birds as cute as I do lol.
[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] ([Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks])

Mare
11-15-2013, 11:01 PM
Your winning picture, is adorable!, I can see why you won, congrats!

Debra
11-16-2013, 12:42 AM
Oh, I love those baby shots as well!

Pinkbirdy
11-16-2013, 01:26 AM
Their all too cute !![ I like the 2nd one :)} .Good idea about the Christmas cards . I send a picture of Owen my Rose breasted t2 to his breeder once in awhile [she always happily responds].

Feathers First Aviary
11-16-2013, 01:33 AM
Their all too cute !![ I like the 2nd one :)} .Good idea about the Christmas cards . I send a picture of Owen my Rose breasted t2 to his breeder once in awhile [she always happily responds].

That's so sweet of you! I'm sure she really appreciates it, I know I love hearing updates about our past babies. I try to keep as much contact as possible but sometimes I won't contact people because I don't want to feel like I am bugging them! So it's always nice when they contact me with a voluntary update :)

I think my favorite is the first picture of the baby crimson belly, I think he looks like he's smiling :)

Turquoise
11-16-2013, 09:54 AM
A[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] that winning photo is precious!! :th_hug8: I love the other two as well. Sometimes a surprise win is so much more meaningful and especially when you have forgotten you even entered.:th_biggrin:

I have kept in touch with the breeders of my macaws and ekkie. At first it was through emails and I always included the latest photos. Then I friended both ladies on FB and added them to my group page. So now I periodically post photos of my flock on my page and they get to see & hear how they are doing any time they like. I also sent Roscoe, Angel & Leyla Belle's breeder Vicki a Christmas card last year with them on it. I didn't have or know about Ruby Jewel yet, but you can bet this year Kitty, her breeder will be getting a card with her girl on it! :th_heart:

Blancaej
11-17-2013, 06:36 PM
Nice Job! Congrats!

Pablola
11-19-2013, 07:16 PM
Aww tjhey so cute babies .

aliray
11-22-2013, 11:53 PM
Those pics are adorable. I bet you would have won sooner but for the store that is the perfect picture to use during the holiday season so they saved the best for last. Congrats. That second one just made me go ohh how cute with those sleepy eyes. Alison