PDA

View Full Version : A warm hello

Arwyn's mommy
11-13-2013, 02:56 PM
Hi everyone,my name is Amber and I am the proud mommy to a 8 month old Meyers Parrot named Arwyn. I have been lurking for a while and have decided to come out from under my rock and join you. I have two little boys,Aiden is 9 and Branden is 7,they love their little sister so much and the three of them sure fight like siblings lol.

I look forward to reading all your stories and learning how to be a great parrot mommy. Talk to you all soon.

Pablola
11-13-2013, 03:03 PM
hi amber welcome ,im new as well.

Honesty
11-13-2013, 03:04 PM
Hell Amber and :pp_welcome: I am pleased you decided to come out from under your rock and join us :th_hehe:

We would love to see some pics of Arwyn:)

Debra
11-13-2013, 03:06 PM
Hello Amber! Welcome to our little forum. First and foremost, we love pics here. Secondly, we can't wait to hear more about you and Arwyn. We're glad you are here!

BTW -- I love your siggy!

plax
11-13-2013, 03:15 PM
Greetings Amber! Welcome to PP :). I, too, would love to see some photos of Arwyn ...I love her name BTW :D

Arwyn's mommy
11-13-2013, 04:43 PM
Thank you for the warm welcome everyone. As requested,here are some pictures of Arwyn.

ShellyBorg
11-13-2013, 04:51 PM
Hello and Welcome :D

Debra
11-13-2013, 04:58 PM
Oh I love the picture of Arwyn playing with your son! But please be careful with the dog getting so close to Arwyn. Accidents can happen so quickly.

Arwyn's mommy
11-13-2013, 05:46 PM
Oh I love the picture of Arwyn playing with your son! But please be careful with the dog getting so close to Arwyn. Accidents can happen so quickly.

They are normally not that close to each other but Arwyn likes to share her toys with Brooklyn. I was standing right next to them when I took the picture and for the most part Brooklyn ignores Arwyn. I appreciate your concern:)

Mayden
11-13-2013, 05:53 PM

From here, that dog looks like a good ol' gent (or lady!) and seems to be quite the double act with her Meyers :). Some dogs are not at all interested in causing trouble for the bird. I know my aunts dogs are the same with Merlin, but always wise to exercise caution! The fact that there was a camera there shows that someone was watching... :)

I'd love a Meyers, such lovely birds! I'm stuck with their mean cousins, senegals! Bet your baby is a joy!

Arwyn's mommy
11-13-2013, 06:10 PM
From here, that dog looks like a good ol' gent (or lady!) and seems to be quite the double act with her Meyers :). Some dogs are not at all interested in causing trouble for the bird. I know my aunts dogs are the same with Merlin, but always wise to exercise caution! The fact that there was a camera there shows that someone was watching... :)

I'd love a Meyers, such lovely birds! I'm stuck with their mean cousins, senegals! Bet your baby is a joy!

Brooklyn is a very good girl. She is 8 years old and not at all interested in hurting Arwyn. You are correct that Arwyn is the problem starter,typical little sister. She is an absolute joy and such a great addition to our family.

Honesty
11-13-2013, 06:10 PM
Arwyn is beautiful:)

spiritbird
11-13-2013, 08:21 PM
Meyers are my favorite species of bird. Please do tell us stories and pic. Thanks

Pinkbirdy
11-14-2013, 01:31 AM
Love the pictures with the toys and your son [hes ready to play!] My Caiques did this to with my kids :)

kendrafitz
11-14-2013, 02:31 AM
Hi and welcome!! Great photos, I am in agreement that the one with your son is awesome!! Looks like they have a great relationship. :)

Look forward to reading all about your adventures.

Mare
11-14-2013, 02:41 AM
Hi Amber! A big welcome to you and Arwyn, he's a beautiful bird! I don't believe I've ever seen a Meyers parrot before, nice that you are here. We look forward to hearing more about him :)

Arwyn's mommy
11-14-2013, 07:00 AM
Arwyn is beautiful:)

Thank you so much :)

Arwyn's mommy
11-14-2013, 07:03 AM
Meyers are my favorite species of bird. Please do tell us stories and pic. Thanks

It's funny,I have never heard of them until I saw her. I was going to buy a African Grey but Arwyn picked me. She flew off of her stand at the store,landed at my feet and looked right into my soul. We bought her the next day. She is more then I could have ever hoped for in a bird.

Arwyn's mommy
11-14-2013, 07:07 AM
Love the pictures with the toys and your son [hes ready to play!] My Caiques did this to with my kids :)

It was all fun and games until she broke the leg off of his Halo guy lol. When my boys build Lego sets she always gets to play the giant monster. She loves to chew on all their toys. I don't let her of course ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Amber! A big welcome to you and Arwyn, he's a beautiful bird! I don't believe I've ever seen a Meyers parrot before, nice that you are here. We look forward to hearing more about him :)

Thank you so much!

Honesty
11-14-2013, 08:37 AM
Thank you so much :)You are very welcome:)

coltfire
11-14-2013, 11:59 AM
Welcome Amber, look forward to hearing all about her and what she gets up to, that was a big change from going for a grey, but you are right in saying she picked you, you know when they do its going to be a good relationship, and by those pics it looks like she picked the right family to go home with.

Arwyn's mommy
11-14-2013, 04:50 PM
Welcome Amber, look forward to hearing all about her and what she gets up to, that was a big change from going for a grey, but you are right in saying she picked you, you know when they do its going to be a good relationship, and by those pics it looks like she picked the right family to go home with.

It's my goal to make sure she is happy everyday. My kids and husband are a big part of that. They love her as much as I do.

Turquoise
11-15-2013, 04:50 AM
Welcome to our flock Amber, Aiden, Brandon and of course Little Sister Arwyn. :th_greet13:

I've never gotten to be around a Meyer's in person, but I do have an internet friend in NY who has one. She loves hers very much like you do Arwyn. They are beautiful and Arwyn looks like she has a wonderful time being the little feathered sister. It is so sweet that she gets along well with everyone in the family. Love your photos and I look forward to hearing more about each one of you. :th_biggrin:

Blancaej
11-17-2013, 05:05 PM
Hello and Welcome Amber & your beautiful kids and fids! :)

I love how you refer to Arwyn as their sister. I do the same thing with my kids and fids. My daughter Morgan loves having 3 sisters now. LOL! :th_wink:

Sounds like everyone is enjoying your new addition!