PDA

View Full Version : Pico~Green Aracari-pics and videos

keepsmiling
04-18-2013, 07:21 PM
Pico is my last softbill to post about. He belonged to a family in ND. Sadly, their baby son had a violent allergic reaction and wound up in the hospital. The drs. said no pets, and no carpet! So his former mom needed to find him a home quick, before her son was released from the hospital. So she shipped him down to me last year. He is a wonderful bird who loves me. He just cannot be out with other birds. In the wild a small bird could potentially be lunch. Like Gryphon, he is subject to hemachromatosis, so he has a specialized diet of mostly fruits and low iron pellets. I have had him in four different cages, finally being able to get a slightly used SS custom Expandable habitats cage, which he really likes.
on the way home from the airport{he was a hit in the airport...everyone wanted to see the toucan!}
[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] ([Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks])
first few pics
[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] ([Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks])
helping me make breakfast
I bought this laminated poster to keep fruit bits off the wall..lol
typical breakfast food
one of the cages he had{this is now Elfe's cage}
his cool red eyes
to be continued..

Honesty
04-18-2013, 07:33 PM
Pico is adorable Carole:)

keepsmiling
04-18-2013, 07:34 PM
he loves to get huffy about the toukies on the screen{that is himself..lol]
another cage he had{I just wasn't happy with any of these}

this was a fun thing we did on another forum. It is like a pic of a pic of a pic...so that the birds keep going on like a mirror sort of
recent pics
continued

roxynoodle
04-18-2013, 07:42 PM
I :th_heart: Pico! You need to post the ones of him going down your shirt :th_laughing6:

keepsmiling
04-18-2013, 07:43 PM
Finally, I found a cage I love, and he loves too!
daddy assembling
Heartly supervising
set up time
pico approved

keepsmiling
04-18-2013, 07:45 PM
LOL..as Audrey said, one of his all time favorite new things to do is get in my shirt!
next I have a couple videos

keepsmiling
04-18-2013, 07:50 PM
he loves to mess around on my desk
[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]
high prey drive...lol
[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

aliray
04-18-2013, 08:02 PM
Oh Carole he is gorgeous. I love that backdrop and also the monkey in his cage. He should feel right at home. How do the other birds like him? and by the way Heartly is a beautiful dog

keepsmiling
04-18-2013, 08:06 PM
Thanks Alison, and thanks Audrey and Wendy!He is in my office, with only Elfe and Yuna. They are all ok living in the same room. I just do not allow the parrots or other birds out with him. He would go after them. He learns well though, and he knows I do not allow him to harass them in any way, so they are cool together. I keep covers on the very top of Elfe and Yuna's cage, and his cage has a plexi top.

roxynoodle
04-18-2013, 09:23 PM
Cute videos!

Copper
04-20-2013, 11:19 PM
awww! I love Aracaris, how lucky you are to have one :)

Those photos are adorable! I love how he's hanging out in your shirt LOL Is he cuddly?

keepsmiling
04-21-2013, 01:50 AM
He thinks he is cuddly..lol. He loves nothing more than to get in my shirt and lie perfectly still and quiet. If you don't let him do it he is a persistent pest with a banana beak!:th_toofunny:

keepsmiling
04-25-2013, 11:54 PM
May I make a request that this gets moved to the new section, and I promise to stop being a pest.:th_wink:

jtbirds
05-07-2013, 02:56 AM
such a cool bird! they just look unreal when you look at them.. you have a couple of birds i would love to have one day! your hawkheads and now this couldnt ask for much more!

keepsmiling
05-07-2013, 04:48 AM
Thanks Justin.:th_smile: