PDA

View Full Version : Baby crimson belly on it's back *super cute video*

Feathers First Aviary
11-13-2013, 11:36 AM
We are currently raising two crimson bellied conures, I took this video last night when the oldest decided to roll on her back and start playing with her feet in the middle of our photo shoot. I say "her" even though they have not been DNA'd just yet, nine times out of ten, the cbc's that like to play and sleep on their backs end up being hens, weird, right? Sorry the quality isn't the greatest and the tv is on in the background, I didn't want to waste time fiddling with the camera and then miss all the cuteness :p
Is there anyone here that has crimson bellies?

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

JudiNH
11-13-2013, 01:25 PM
Oh my gosh..that is so cute! I love the little guy in the background looking on...he's like "what the heck is that fool doing?" LOL

spiritbird
11-13-2013, 01:35 PM
What a good start this baby has with you!

Honesty
11-13-2013, 02:11 PM
That is so cute Sara :) I love Crimson Bellied Conure's.

Debra
11-13-2013, 03:14 PM
How cute is that?!?! What a little sweetheart.

surfinbird
11-13-2013, 03:32 PM
So precious, what a little character.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Mayden
11-13-2013, 05:28 PM
What a cutie! Merlin loves to hang out like that and always has... think you've got a real chilled out/lazybones on your hands!

Pinkbirdy
11-14-2013, 12:47 AM
So Cute !! Are they the same size as Greencheeks ?

coltfire
11-14-2013, 12:16 PM
so so cute , it must be hard having to say by to them when you have such a bond already with them.

Feathers First Aviary
11-15-2013, 06:12 AM
Yes, they are about the same size as greencheeks, sometimes these guys will weigh a little more but to the naked eye they don't look any bigger.

It is very hard to see them go, I try not to let myself get too attached to them but it's so hard. You have no idea how badly I want to keep the two cinnamon green cheeks we have right now, I'm going to be lost when they leave. I'm trying my hardest to keep them close so there is a chance I can still see them after they leave, I have a few friends interested right now so that's awesome :)

Blancaej
11-17-2013, 07:22 PM
Oh my, how adorable! :)

ACEPHONECHIC
11-27-2013, 03:05 PM
I have a Crimson Belly born last January and she likes to lie on her back (she is dna and certainly a female) and play so cute. Also hang upside down from her hessain play net etc very playful alot more than the greencheeks even though they are playful. Love the video

ShellyBorg
11-27-2013, 04:58 PM
<3 this video!

Abigal7
01-03-2014, 12:18 AM
Those baby crimson bellied conures are so cute. Thanks for sharing.

Feathers First Aviary
01-03-2014, 05:18 AM
I'm glad everyone enjoyed the video! And even better news, I just confirmed with a woman today that wants to adopt this little guy! He isn't quite weaned yet despite being almost 11 weeks old! He's still taking one hand feeding a day but I think he will be ready to go to his new home in about two weeks! His slightly younger brother has also found a home and will be going the whole way to Texas! Presuming the weather cooperates anyway, I say this as we have about 5 inches of snow on the ground and it's still coming down!! This year's winter is nothing like last year! Hopefully it warms up for a couple days so that he can get a flight south, wish I could go with him, think they'll notice if I hide in the carrier with him?

Minamommy
04-12-2014, 07:35 PM
Sara I loved the video. So darn cute.