PDA

View Full Version : Hello Everyone

ShellyBorg
11-12-2013, 09:53 PM
Well the start of winter has been a eventful one here at the homestead. The state of California has decided that folks on the medical plan need to take the cheapest meds possible. So my autistic son has been being bounced from one failed drug to another. His reg meds cost $600 a month, not something I can do out of pocket. So my hands have been full there. Then some medical issues of my own came up and its been almost 3 medical visits a week between us! I am looking forwards to surgery but I need to lose as much weight as possible before hand.

The fids are doing great. Danny will be doing a month long home visit with a trusted friend after Thanksgiving. They really want a parrot and with his willing attitude to go to any one we decided to have him do a home visit, with me stopping in all the time, to see how every one is doing. This allows them to find out if parront hood is right for them without getting a parrot first. I am having him vet tested when Doc Scott swings by next week to make sure all is well with him before he goes.

Demon has been going into town with me a lot and loves his harness time. Spirit has been out in his at least once a week and is doing great in a "pleasedon'tpetmegreykindofway" He loves to be out and about to see everything he can. Paris has been in harness now 10 times and loves to go for car rides. She loves to go to a busy park and have people tell her how pretty she is. She also loves to go see a outside aviary full of big birds with me. We never get close, we stand about 15 feet away. She loves to yell at them and then kiss me. Its like she is showing off that she has a human and they don't. LOL

coltfire
11-12-2013, 10:29 PM
i hope all turns out ok for you there Shelly, it sounds like you have your hands full.

Pinkbirdy
11-13-2013, 01:07 AM
Glad for your update :) [Im sure things will go well] Life has a way of working out.Sounds like things are going real well with your fids.Paris has come a long way quickly.

ShellyBorg
11-13-2013, 05:57 AM
Paris will now let me carry her around upside down, under my arm like a foot ball, and can be on my shoulder. (yes I am vary aware that I may get hurt and any time there is something that causes her body language to change I ask her to step down and she does right away.) She spends a good hour a day under my chin while I watch my one show a day, she loves to lay on my chest and just be with me. She always seems to have my finger in her mouth. She will squeal and yell at me all the while holding my fingers and never hurting me. She will thump me on the top oh my head from time to time so I will say "ouch" then she runs down and licks my face and acts like a goof. In all my years working with birds I have never owned one like her and Demon. He will do many of the same things, just smaller and with less stomping :D

Turquoise
11-13-2013, 06:20 AM
Hope all goes well with your surgery when you have it. Sounds like your birds are having a great time getting out of the house for fresh air.

I do know what it is like to have medical bills staring you in the face and they think you keep large sums of money hidden away in your mattress! We have good insurance working for the state, but it doesn't cover every penny. Luckily hubby's meds are not too expensive since he takes so many.

plax
11-13-2013, 01:49 PM
Hi Shelly... welcome back! It's very nice to hear Paris is doing so well :). Please keep positive thoughts about your treatment and recovery. It will make you stronger, as will your relationships with your fids and family members. One step at a time, lots of love around you, and a positive outlook each day does it :)

Honesty
11-13-2013, 02:10 PM
Welcome back Shelly and I am sorry to hear about your Health issues. You will be in my thoughts for a speedy recovery.

I am pleased to hear that Paris is doing well!

Debra
11-13-2013, 03:19 PM
Welcome back Shelly. I was wondering where you were. You will be in my thoughts during this time of health problems for you and your son.

Maddy
11-13-2013, 06:26 PM
:th_hug8:

spiritbird
11-13-2013, 08:19 PM
Birdie hugs for you and family We all missed you. Medical insurance and health issues are a hot topic it seems. Pray for you to have it all worked out just fine.

Blancaej
11-17-2013, 10:01 PM
It's great to hear from you Shelly! I was wondering how Paris was doing. So glad everything is well with your fids. Sending many hugs your way with everything you are dealing with. Hope your surgery goes well and your health improves. Be sure to keep us posted! :)