PDA

View Full Version : beaker is learning about "love"

shel
11-11-2013, 10:34 PM
my GCC, beaker, came home in late august. i did not expect a bird, but my rabbit had died and i was very upset. my husband went to petsmart and came home with this green bird. i loved him immediately. (had i picked out my own bird he would have been a rescue or re-home).

beaker has never been afraid of us. he will always step up, come to us, has even "asked" for help once when he got a string wrapped around his leg by limping over to me and sticking out his foot.

but he has never been a cuddly bird until the last week or two. now he will spent hours setting on my finger and shoving his head under my thumb so i can rub his head. he still bites a lot (this has never bothered me, i am an artisan, i have tough hands) but it is SO GOOD that he will let me know when he wants affection. i feel as if i have been honored in some special way!

Honesty
11-11-2013, 10:44 PM
Thats great news on beaker finally wanting affection. This is a step in the right direction:) I am glad you have tough hands LOL

shel
11-11-2013, 10:48 PM
beaker is special to me in ways i don't know how to describe. i've always had pets, and his presence does not take away from the love i have for my dogs and cats, but he has captured a place in my heart that i did not even know existed.

Honesty
11-11-2013, 10:50 PM
beaker is special to me in ways i don't know how to describe. i've always had pets, and his presence does not take away from the love i have for my dogs and cats, but he has captured a place in my heart that i did not even know existed.Thats so nice to hear Shel:)

shel
11-11-2013, 11:02 PM
i'm sure you have been there.

goofy little thing...i could crush his head, but he has learned to receive my love and give me love in return. it doesn't get much better than that.

Debra
11-12-2013, 12:03 AM
Doesn't it melt your heart when they do things like that? They do have a way of worming their way into our hearts like no one could ever dream of.

coltfire
11-12-2013, 04:03 AM
its amazing the love we get from our birds when they get it in return, i could never be with out my birds

ShellyBorg
11-12-2013, 10:05 PM
It takes a special breed of person to love these little feathered monsters :D

Blancaej
11-17-2013, 05:40 PM
I am so glad Beaker is starting to cuddle with you Shel. Isn't it such a great feeling? I love when Savannah loves to cuddle. And Coqui loves to be petted a lot, too. :)