PDA

View Full Version : Hi

garden squirrel
11-07-2013, 07:29 PM
I be new to the forum, I have about seventy birds. Five are large parrots,a galah, cockatoo,African grey,amazon and a blue and gold macaw. I have been involved in a lot of rescue work over the years, and most of my birds have a few problems. Much of it has been caused by people's lack of knowledge and understanding of the birds. To explain jack my blue and gold[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] He was owned by gypsies and kept in there smoking room. He now has major breathing difficulties. When he arrived his cage was chained and padlocked, there was no key. We had to cut him out. The way they fed him was by chucking food in .he obviously had not been cleaned out for years. I have had him about 2 years. He is now getting tame.

Debra
11-07-2013, 07:41 PM
Hello and welcome to the forum. Jack is beautiful. Thank you for taking him in in his time of need. You must have a big heart towards these helpless beings.

Honesty
11-07-2013, 07:47 PM
Hello Dawn and :th_welcomesign: to the forum. Its lovely to see you here:)

It is a wonderful thing that you do and it sounds like you are very dedicated :)

Jack is adorable. Thank goodness you found him.

plax
11-07-2013, 08:10 PM
Greetings, garden squirrel... it's great that you've joined us :). Thanks so much for your rescue work! Sadly, there are so very many abused and neglected companion parrots in our world :(

I love the photo of Jack that you've posted... the poor guy :(. May he continue to improve in all respects!!! BTW, your "Jack" makes 3 B&Gs among our members' parrots who have the same name (one of those is my "Jack" in fact :)). I've met other B&G Jacks as well. It seems a relatively common name among B&Gs for whatever reason :D

spiritbird
11-07-2013, 10:26 PM
Hello and a warm welcome to you. We are a friendly forum and many would say family of bird people. I bet you have some stories to share with us!

Turquoise
11-07-2013, 10:47 PM
Welcome to the flock Dawn. :th_greet13: Your Jack is a real beauty. Such a sad beginning and life for a magnificent creature as a macaw! Macaws are my most favorite parrots and I just love every species of them. :th_hug8:

My goodness, seventy birds to take care of sounds like a tiring, but enjoyable day. You will have to tell us more about your rescue work and the many birds you care for. And especially we want to see more photos of Jack and your other fabies.:th_biggrin:

garden squirrel
11-08-2013, 11:51 PM
Thank you for the welcome, life is very busy here also have dogs,cats guinea pigs. The joke is it Noah's arc really. But I love every minute of it. And it never seems a chore it is very rewarding to see animals improve.

Honesty
11-08-2013, 11:58 PM
You have a very busy life Dawn:) We would love to see some pics of the rest of your flock:)

Garnet
11-09-2013, 03:20 AM
Jack is gorgeous. You do sound like you have a busy life with all your animals. I love the Noah's Ark comparison, sometimes I feel like that too.

Pablola
11-12-2013, 12:25 AM
Hiya dawn , great photo of jack , you gotta post one of pickles and Charlie and cracker , ha ha ha pickles first , she a real cutie

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Blancaej
11-17-2013, 05:24 PM
Hello & Welcome Dawn! Thank you so much for rescuing Jack and your other birds. Jack is adorable! Poor fella. Thank goodness he found you! I would love to see some pics of your other flock members when you have time! :)