PDA

View Full Version : Do your Birds copy you eating?

Honesty
11-04-2013, 02:24 PM
I have been taking note of Codie's actions over the last couple of weeks. As you know, while my Mum was visiting Codie copied all of her movements.

Each morning around 10am, I have my breakfast which is Banana on toast. Codie loves this too and waits patiently for his piece each morning. What I have noticed is, he does not pick up his piece of toast until I do the same! I thought it was just me imagining things, which is why I have been keeping watch over the last couple of weeks. Sure enough, this morning, I put his banana on toast in his bowl and he just sat there looking at me. I sat there for a few minutes not attempting to pick my toast up. The second I picked it up and started eating it, Codie picked his piece up and also started eating. I put mine back down on my plate and he stopped eating, he just held it in his foot. I carried on eating it and he did the same :th_jawdrop:Isn't this amazing?? Do any of your Birds do the same?

tonkatiel
11-04-2013, 03:06 PM
My birds don't copy me eating to that extreme lol, but if I eat in front of them it is guaranteed they will ALL go straight to there bowls and start eating as well, doesn't matter what they were doing beforehand (whether out of the cage, sleeping, playing etc)... Skittles is the only exception, he'll come to the side of his cage and scream until I give him some lol...

Blancaej
11-04-2013, 03:16 PM
That is too cool Wendy! I don't find my fids do that either. But if I'm eating something, Quincy especially, wants some! LOL! We all eat dinner together in the dinning room a few times a week. So it's fun to have us all together enjoying a meal. :th_biggrin:

Cami
11-04-2013, 03:20 PM
Hahaa, that is so cute! My guys do not show that much restraint or manners!

When I have a plate of anything, they make a beeline, or should I say birdline right to me, climbing up my pantleg and climbing up the chair I'm sitting in to bury their beaks as fast as possible. Manners do not exist, I had a big bowl of popcorn several days ago (oil popped w/sunflower oil), the boys were so excited they couldnt wait a few minutes until it cooled down and by the time they were done with the bowl it looked like it snowed in the area.

Debra
11-04-2013, 03:42 PM
Frankie will eat if he thinks we are eating. He's the only one who does this. The others don't seem to care. That's cute what Cody does.

henpecked
11-04-2013, 03:52 PM
Nope, jake is a pig about her toast and is quick to finish before me, afraid i'll eat it all before she has a chance to ask for another piece.

Honesty
11-04-2013, 09:28 PM
Nope, jake is a pig about her toast and is quick to finish before me, afraid i'll eat it all before she has a chance to ask for another piece.:th_LOL:Richard!

Honesty
11-04-2013, 09:48 PM
Hahaa, that is so cute! My guys do not show that much restraint or manners!

When I have a plate of anything, they make a beeline, or should I say birdline right to me, climbing up my pantleg and climbing up the chair I'm sitting in to bury their beaks as fast as possible. Manners do not exist, I had a big bowl of popcorn several days ago (oil popped w/sunflower oil), the boys were so excited they couldnt wait a few minutes until it cooled down and by the time they were done with the bowl it looked like it snowed in the area.LOL, they all seem to love popcorn :)

Cami
11-04-2013, 10:38 PM
LOL, they all seem to love popcorn :)

It was crazy, I couldn't get my hand in the bowl, and when I did, they looked at me like I was stealing all of their food!

Debra
11-05-2013, 01:15 AM
Oh, when Little Amber hears popcorn popping you should see her dancing around her cage! She will go in little circles hoping to get some popcorn. I think that's the only time she doesn't try to bite my hubby -- when he is sharing his popcorn with her. lol. It's so cute to watch her.

Cami
11-05-2013, 02:07 AM
Aw, that's too cute! Popcorn must be serious business!

Mare
11-07-2013, 03:46 AM
In our house, little Chip gets the most excited when the tortilla chips are being munched on, he gets his share :). Sassy has to have her head in any bowl, cup or plate that is in her vicinity. She can be quite annoying to visitors, hehe, I, personally think it's cute :th_embarassed: Amigo is not phased by anything. You are not going to get him to lower himself to this level :th_biggrin:

Pinkbirdy
11-11-2013, 12:42 AM
Why am I not losing weight ? I must walk around when I eat . Before you know it .Im breaking off a piece for every bird :) Lots of beggers!! [theirs very little left for me after that] Tequila [my zon] is the only one that makes drinking sounds when Im drinking.

Turquoise
11-24-2013, 08:20 AM
Wendy you must have the most polite well mannered parrot on the planet. He is a true English gentleman!!:th_heart:

My horridly spoiled brats think anything I am eating is fair game for them and they want it like~~RIGHT NOW! They can be in their enclosures and just merely hear me crinkle some package and they are plastered to their wire, eyes straining to see what it is & if it is getting close enough for them to snatch & run with it. LOL

When I'm home and we are eating at the table, if they are on their play perches I am like Terri walking around handing tidbits to eat one. By the time I get to the last feathered brat the 1st one which is always Roscoe wants more! If they are in their enclosures I am still walking back & forth to 'Feed the Birdies', especially since their enclosures are all within 5ft of the dining table. :th_imok: Even my dogs don't rate as high up the social ladder to get tidbits from me like that anymore. They look at me like, "Really Mom, you can't possibly toss a biskit my way for once?" I tell them to go tell Daddy, he will feel sorry for ya'll. :th_hehe:

None of mine not even in the slightest will wait to eat anything I give them special nor do any of them mimic or mock my actions in anyway. Mine are all pacing back & forth in a 'can't wait, I'm starving' manner til I fill the squawking beak! :)

Honesty
11-24-2013, 09:57 AM
:ROFLMAODog: I love the way you explain things De'Andrea. It always makes me laugh :)