PDA

View Full Version : update

gemini_84
11-04-2013, 02:53 AM
hi every one, hope you are all well.
as some of you may have noticed i have been MIA for awhile now and that is all due to my addiction with technology. my 2 good computers (netbook and slate) have blown chargers and i cant use universal chargers for them so i have to get genuine ones and well havent gotten around that far yet, but have got some newer technology that will prob come back to bite me at a later date. although i am able to now finally get onto precisely parrots again, unfortuantely i am unable to post pics for now. so i can only give you all a written update on where things are at.

the 3 amigos are doing great. my house currently looks like a constant pillow fight war zone as al 3 are going through a big moult.
oxy has now joined the prince and bruno in being fully flighted and is a much happier social bird.
they love all the new toys i bought for them last month (not sure when my last post was) and we are currently waiting for the new cage to arrive.

a few of you may remember me say that as much as i love to look at macaws i would never want to own one as i have only ever had bad experiences with them and have a respectful fear of them...... well that has changed. i met a beautiful 22 week old b&g a couple of weeks ago while i wasbaby sitting my neice and nephew. her name is sadanna. she was so gentle and cuddly, just like a little puppy dogand for sale. i mentioned buying her to John ( my not so better half lmao) but to him the thought of spending $4500 (cheap for austarlia) on a bird was obsurd, until he arrived to see her. so now we plan adding a b&g to our flock next once he finds a permanent stable job and we know if we will be moving or not. Now i know just because she was gentle and caring that not all will be, but she taught me that just because the few i have had experiences with were nasty doesnt mean they all will be. I am so excited and cant wait till the time comes that i can add another member to my family.

well that is the news from me.... nothing really exciting going on in my life. ill post some pics of my 3 amigos when i am capable to do so. Oxy is at that really messy, disheveled no one owns him stage of his moult but i still think he is beautiful, and most of his nasty brozed feathers are gone now and have been replaced by beautiful bright green ones., im sure prince and bruno wont be far behind.

hope you and flocks are doing well,

lots of hugs

amanda and the 3 amigos

Honesty
11-04-2013, 09:27 AM
Hi Amanda,

I am pleased all is well with you and that is fantastic news on you adding a B&G to your flock. It is great that you have overcome your fear of them. I also have a fear of the larger Macaws. Maybe I also need to interact with one as you have done :)

Pinkbirdy
11-04-2013, 12:27 PM
I think your really going to be surprised how great Macaws are :)

spiritbird
11-04-2013, 12:44 PM
I hear nothing but good things about Macaws. I am happy for you to get this new bird in your life.

Blancaej
11-04-2013, 01:30 PM
Glad things are going well with the 3 amigos Amanda! I find my grey much more difficult then my macaws and that is including my new Coqui! Macaws love attention and are very loving when loved & cared for properly. You will love your macaw, I just know it! I used to fear them, too. But I always wanted one. I am so glad I took that step. Couldn't be happier! :th_biggrin:

Debra
11-04-2013, 03:49 PM
I've been wondering about you. Glad to hear all is well with you and yours.

Turquoise
11-06-2013, 05:46 AM
Oh I am so glad to hear you have taken the plunge and are adding a Big Mac to your flock, Amanda!!:th_biggrin:

Macaws are big bluffs for the most part, a bit impish at times and total love bugs the rest of the time. That is as long as they have only known love and gentle care and treatment. The ones who have been abused do take special care and handling, but as many on this and other forums have proved time & time again, they become big 'lap birds' in a matter of a short time as well.:th_hug8: Since yours will be a baby from a loving breeder, you should be in heaven from the start with your fabie.

I am one of the crazy ones who never feared macaws from the very first time I wanted one. And that was the first time I wanted a parrot larger than the Budgies and Cockatiels I had. I couldn't afford a macaw back then, so I had Amazons, an African Grey and a male Eclectus. The urge to feed my macaw hunger was still gnawing at me for many years. Once I decided to keep parrots again it was going to be macaws or nothing!! 3 macaws later & I wouldn't trade them for any other kind of parrot for the world!!:th_heart:

Mare
11-06-2013, 09:13 PM
Sounds like things are going well, Amanda! A B&G macaw that you've already met and believe will work for you guys, is amazing! Some day...I will also bring one into my life, an older rescue is what I'm shooting for. I cashed in my prize certificate for msbs and it's in the mail! I ordered two rope perches, that were sorely needed, cockatoos love to love/eat them :). Thank you, so much :th_biggrin:

gemini_84
11-21-2013, 12:56 AM
well udate and things arent so good, but lets start with some good news.
i finally got the new cage.
[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] ([Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks])
something went wrong in that pic...lol
[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] ([Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks])

but the sad news is, that for the past 12 days i have only 2 amigos. my beautiful baby Oxy pulled out a nail that had the screens in place and escaped. i have canvassed the town, the paper all the community fb pages and the radio but alas no news of him yet. I feel like i ahve a maasive whole in my heart. he was my baby. I will not give up hope that one day i will be reunited with him, but have decided that for the health and well being of prince and bruno i must get things back to routine and normal as they are suffering enough with the loss of their little buddy and being locked away in silence whilst i am out searching and hoping to hear Oxy's familiar cry is not fair on them.

oh and this is the beautiful girl that i fell in love with, but recent events are making me rethink getting one. if and when i do it probably wont be this beautiful girkl though.

ShellyBorg
11-21-2013, 01:32 AM
I am so sorry for your loss. Is there a way you could put the two amigos out side in their cage so the lost one can hear them? Of record them making contact calls and play it loud out side?

Pinkbirdy
11-21-2013, 01:36 AM
Oh Im sad for you [has he escaped before ?} The macaw looks sweet :) Their expensive there ,right.

gemini_84
11-22-2013, 01:12 PM
I put prince and bruno outside daily in their old cage, especially when they start hoing bananas screaming and flying around like crazy ( i dont know if its the weather or they can hear oxy, im hoping they hear oxy).
This is the 3rd time oxy has escaped, thinking of renaming him houdini when he comes home.
Macaws are expensive over here, the average price for a b&g is about 6k. But she was so sweet and cudly until after the owner said she couldnt fly and i could come sit outside with her and she flew off....we got her back tho thank goodness

spiritbird
11-22-2013, 01:20 PM
You certainly have a great support circle with all the members here with Macaws. Best of luck.

Pinkbirdy
11-22-2013, 10:27 PM
I hope he finds his way home [since hes done it before]

Turquoise
11-23-2013, 04:43 AM
The cage for your fabies is awesome! Love the photo of the 'new bird' you seem to have acquired. :th_LOL:

Sorry to hear you lost Oxy, hope you find him soon. He sounds like a real stinker with his escaping and I bet he is having the time of his life except when he goes looking for his favorite treats and toys. He probably wonders why you haven't come to join him in the trees. Good luck in finding Oxy.

Well I bet you will find your macaw one day when the time is right. You will know when you meet the one that steals your heart! :th_biggrin: