PDA

View Full Version : budgie paradise

shel
11-02-2013, 11:46 PM
i know that the general rule is go horizontal when adding space for birds, but some of us have to go with what we have.

i first connected 2 cages to add horizontal room for the budgies, then today i added one to the top, thinking that they may not go there much, but at least it expanded the space is someone needed to get a break from the others.

how wrong i was......when i went to put beaker (GCC) to bed all of the budgies were on their "2nd floor" cage. looks like i need to add some more perches to that one because it appeared that some of the budgie-butts were going to roost hanging on the cage bars!

i'm just glad that they seem happy and that i could add to their space. i have tons of toys and hanging perches so that is not a problem, i just don't want to disturb them this late when they are trying to roost. i can add perches and ropes tomorrow.

shel

Mare
11-03-2013, 01:29 AM
Birds like to be high up, especially at night. Watching the wild turkeys in our yard, fly down from the trees in the morning, makes me understand that they are up there at night because it's safer than the ground, away from predators. I'm guessing this is instinctual in all birds.

Feathers First Aviary
11-03-2013, 02:13 AM
Birds like to be high up, especially at night. Watching the wild turkeys in our yard, fly down from the trees in the morning, makes me understand that they are up there at night because it's safer than the ground, away from predators. I'm guessing this is instinctual in all birds.
That's why I always make their highest perch a cement perch, since they tend to sleep on the highest one and go up there often, it helps keep their nails nice and manicured.

Id love to see a piccture of your cage creation if you have one :)

coltfire
11-03-2013, 05:08 AM
yeah i would love to see your new set up to, over the years i too have joined cages together.

shel
11-07-2013, 06:10 AM
i took a few pics the other day. will have to get them off my phone and onto the computer so i can post them.

Blancaej
11-17-2013, 07:09 PM
I'm glad your budgies loved the new expansion! Like everyone else has mentioned, birds always perch up high. :)