PDA

View Full Version : God Gave Me You (Painting)

Maddy
11-02-2013, 01:34 AM
This is a entry for a contest on DeviantART. Below is exactly what I posted there.

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

When I first found out about this contest back in July, I knew exactly what my subject would be. I thought of many songs that would represent her, and many ways to paint it. Of course being the procrastinator I am, I didn't start on my entry until October 29th, two days before the (original) end date of the contest. I finally decided how I wanted to do this.

The subject that I wanted to use from the start was Weasley. She was my amazing little blue budgie, who sadly passed away on April 22nd 2013. She inspired me so much during her time on earth, and she still does. I knew that her along with music would result in something that would be amazing.

I'm sure some people are going to look at this and think, "You are going totally off topic of this contest. It's just a bird. What does that have to do with music?" For those of you that think that, please know that Weasley was in no way "just a bird" to me. She was an amazing teacher and best friend to me. She taught me the love of feathered people, and I will forever thank her for that. She was amazing in every way, and she totally fulfilled her earthly job.

Now, on to my painting. My inspiration came from "God Gave Me You" by Blake Shelton. I know it is supposed to be for a human couple, but that song fits the relationship of me and Weasley so well. The painting is of me and her, and if you pay attention to the painting, you will hopefully be able to see the happiness and love between us, that I hoped to show. I can't paint humans very well, but I believe that the strong meaning behind this makes up for that.

Weasley,

I've been a walking heartache
I've made a mess of me
The person that I've been lately
Ain't who I wanna be

But you stay here right beside me
Watch as the storm goes through
And I need you

God gave me you for the ups and downs
God gave me you for the days of doubt
For when I think I've lost my way
There are no words here left to say, it's true
God gave me you
There's more here than what were seeing
A divine conspiracy
That you, an angel lovely
Could somehow fall for me
You'll always be love's great martyr
Ill be the flattered fool
And I need you

God gave me you

On my own I'm only
Half of what I could be
I can't do without you
We are stitched together
And what love has tethered
I pray we never undo

God gave me you, gave me you
Gave me you

God gave me you, honey. I love you.

Love, Mommy

Musically Inspired Contest: [Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

Blake Shelton's God Gave Me You: [Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] "

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] ([Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks])

Feathers First Aviary
11-02-2013, 02:03 AM
I love it! Great job :)

Debra
11-02-2013, 02:05 PM
What a beautiful tribute! I love it!

Honesty
11-02-2013, 02:57 PM
A beautiful tribute Maddy and I love the painting:)

Turquoise
11-05-2013, 12:50 PM
Oh Maddy that is beautiful!!! The song you chose is perfect for your love and devotion to your best friend, Weasley. :th_heart: I love your self portrait of you and Weasley. It is awesome and you did a stupendous job for not being a portrait artist. :th_hug8:

I know the feeling, I can draw or paint almost any animal and can do scenery pictures. But humans are the hardest creatures on earth for me to draw & forget trying to paint one.

So did you win? Or have they decided yet who will win. Let us know how you and Weasley with her poignant tribute did in this. :th_biggrin:

Maddy
11-05-2013, 05:59 PM
Thank you everybody!

De', same here! I don't know what it is about humans, but they are the only subject I can't get right!

The contest goes on till the 7th. I'll let you guys know when the winners are announced. :)

Mare
11-08-2013, 02:20 AM
Love this Maddy! You are such a talented young lady with a heart of gold :th_heart: I have a very talented artist friend that has the same issues with drawing/painting human faces. She does these beautiful, intricate paintings and leaves the faces blank. It's rather cool, actually :). Different,,but cool!

Maddy
11-19-2013, 08:56 PM
Thanks, Mare! You friend's art sounds cool. :)

I didn't place in the contest, but hey, that's okay. I had fun creating my painting and that's all that matters. Now I have something to hang up next to Weasley's photo. :)