PDA

View Full Version : Baby Linnie

Feathers First Aviary
10-29-2013, 10:33 AM
Took some new pics yesterday and I know there are a few linnie lovers on here so I thought I'd share, I'm raising one linnie right now, he is a single factor dilute dark green boy(phew, now that's a mouthful!) He's just starting to flap as he jumps so he should be truly taking off in a couple days or so, he's a very quick learner too, still has some of his baby fuzz and already wants to start flight school!
Here are two from last week so you can see how quickly they grow up!
[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] ([Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks])

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] ([Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks])

This is my favorite one from yesterday

He got to see and touch water for the first time yesterday as well, aside from his post feeding frontal sponge baths that is, as soon as he touched the water to his beak he went into linnie bathing mode, I'm sure those of you with linnies know what I'm talking about, and if not, youre in for a treat, just take a spray bottle and lightly mist your linnie and see what happens! Instant linnie rain dance. That's what he was attempting to do on my hand :)

I just love their big dark eyes! :)

Honesty
10-29-2013, 10:40 AM
He is adorable. I love the one where he is enjoying his misting:) Isn;t it amazing how they can alter so much in just 2 weeks?

Feathers First Aviary
10-29-2013, 10:48 AM
It is absolutely mind blowing that they can go from a blind, naked little baby to a completely independent(well, sort of lol) weaned bird in a matter of 8 weeks! I have seen this miraculous growth over and over and it still blows my mind, it really is an amazing change they go through, physically and psychologically, in such a short period of time.

spiritbird
10-29-2013, 12:44 PM
My EB Chipper will fly and land on the spray bottle when ever he sees it. He will not go in a dish with water he just stands on the edge and waves his wings as if he is in the water. Love you photos

Feathers First Aviary
10-29-2013, 12:55 PM
My EB Chipper will fly and land on the spray bottle when ever he sees it. He will not go in a dish with water he just stands on the edge and waves his wings as if he is in the water. Love you photos

That sounds adorable! My american girl, sadie, decided to take a bath in my glass of water the other day. It was so funny because its one of the tall coke glasses, she would literally jump in, grab the other side of the glass and jump out the other side, then repeat. It was water out of the fridge too! She did a polar bear plunge!

Debra
10-29-2013, 01:53 PM
I love watching babies grow. Seeing your babies makes me miss my tiel babies. My Syd is on eggs.....again. I replace them because I don't want babies and she seems to be tired of having to take care of babies. She hardly fights me when I reach in and replace the eggs with the dummies.

Thanks for letting us watch your babies grow and mature into fully fledged birds.

Blancaej
10-31-2013, 01:50 AM
Oh my goodness! How absolutely adorable. What a beautiful Linnie he is! I love the wing shot! :th_biggrin:

spiritbird
10-31-2013, 12:13 PM
Sara Is this one sold yet?

Feathers First Aviary
10-31-2013, 08:14 PM
Yes he is :)