PDA

View Full Version : Flat perches

Animalman2046
04-18-2013, 12:56 PM
Hi I have a special needs CBC (crimson bellied conure) that I am looking for a flat perch that is padded for him to sleep on. If anyone knows where I can get them please let me know. I have a sleep hut/tent for him but he wants nothing to do with it and sleeps hanging on the side of the cage at night. He has several wooden and rope perches but he won't sleep on them. Any help? Thanks!

Honesty
04-18-2013, 01:16 PM
Hi Ron,

Hopefully, someone will be able to help you with this one, or.. maybe someone could even make you one:)

I love your Avatar!

roxynoodle
04-18-2013, 02:06 PM
I could easily make you some flat perches, but am not sure how to safely attach some non pill fleece (probably the safest padding to use). I don't think we would want to use glue and staples could injure a bird if he got them out. Stainless steel screws and washers might work for awhile but eventually he may pull the fleece away from those, too.

Any ideas anyone?

Animalman2046
04-18-2013, 11:28 PM
Thanks Honesty.

keepsmiling
04-19-2013, 12:43 AM
Ron, I got my fleece covered perches and platforms for Yuna here~ [Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]
And for Gryphon here~ I got the bite me pine ones, and the flat chunky willow ones
[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]
and here are the cute platforms

tidepool
04-19-2013, 05:45 AM
Hi I have a special needs CBC (crimson bellied conure) that I am looking for a flat perch that is padded for him to sleep on. If anyone knows where I can get them please let me know. I have a sleep hut/tent for him but he wants nothing to do with it and sleeps hanging on the side of the cage at night. He has several wooden and rope perches but he won't sleep on them. Any help? Thanks!

roxynoodle
04-19-2013, 12:32 PM
Hmm, that might be the solution. A sewed cover that slips over the perch. I'm not very good at sewing though :th_loltears: