PDA

View Full Version : Look What I'm Handfeeding....

Maddy
10-28-2013, 07:16 PM
:th_biggrin:

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] ([Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks])

Debra
10-28-2013, 07:18 PM
A[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]! Are you going to keep him/her?

Mare
10-28-2013, 07:34 PM
Ohh.. so sweet! My daughter just went through that with a baby who is now eating, pooing and peeing on it's own, in a litter box, no less! :). That's nice that you can help bring it along.

Honesty
10-28-2013, 07:48 PM
A[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] He/She is sooo cute:)

Blancaej
10-28-2013, 07:49 PM
So adorable! We want more details please!

Mare
10-28-2013, 08:37 PM
I believe I'm seeing a six toed cat?

aliray
10-28-2013, 09:22 PM
How sweet. I think I also can count 6 toes. Alison

Maddy
10-28-2013, 09:30 PM
That is little Harper Gray. (That's what we've been calling her) We found her on the 24th. Either something bad happen to her mother, or she was the runt and was abandoned in our bush. She was crying outside and after not seeing her mother all day we took her in. Getting her was difficult, because she was all the way back in the bush right up against our house. Plus, she was in the bush that has sharp spike balls or whatever their called in it. So i had to carefully wedge myself between the tree and bush and was able to reach just enough to grab her and pull her out. Sounds easier then it was. XD We ran out and got formula, and I have been feeding the little munchkin since then. Thankfully, my dad does the 5am feeding for me. I did that the first night and wasn't able to go back to sleep. We have a home lined up for her, my best friend is going to take her.

She is a real sweetie, and she's getting really playful. Last night she crawled up to my shoulder and started playing with my hair. It was adorable! :)

Here is a picture of her after she feel asleep in my lap last night.

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] ([Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks])

Mare
10-28-2013, 09:31 PM
For years, within our extended family, we had six toed cats. The last of them died off several years ago. Once we even had a seven toed cat! We named him Toes, of course, and these extra digits were always only on the front feet.

Maddy, does little Harper have these?

Maddy
10-28-2013, 09:31 PM
SIX TOES? I haven't noticed that! I'll have to count them when I feed her next. :th_biggrin:

Feathers First Aviary
10-28-2013, 11:54 PM
Awww she's so cute, and it seems, polydactyl too! I have raised many many kittens and its always such a rewarding experience. I did want to say, whatever you do, please do not use hartz or sergents fleas medication on them. A friend of mine was raising a kitten which I took care of for a week while she went to the beach. A week after she got back she used hartz on her(she was old enough then) and the kitten went into kidney failure within twelve hours and dispite an overnight stay with a great vet she didn't make it. It is very well known that these otc meds are dangerous and can be fatal. Not trying to be a downer at all, just don't want to see another kitty suffer from that horrible stuff :(

mrgoogls
10-29-2013, 06:52 PM
my one cat has 6 toes on both front feet :)

Maddy
10-30-2013, 03:57 AM
Okay guys, I counted her toes and she only has 5. Although it does look like she has 6 in that picture.

Turquoise
10-30-2013, 12:41 PM
A[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] she is such a cutie for sure! Love the color of her too.:th_hug8:

Gosh if you lived close to me I could give you a can of powdered kitten replacement milk I got about 3 weeks ago to feed a baby cottontail my dogs brought in from the backyard. They killed all but the one I handfed. It grew very fast on the replacement with an egg yolk added for extra protein since rabbits need it. I turned it loose down in the bottom of the channel behind my home once it began to refuse the milk. It hopped merrily away & began to nibble on weeds.:th_biggrin: I put the powdered milk in the freezer to store it longer.

Speaking of polydactyl cats. When I was in my late teens I found a grey striped kitten in a grocery store parking lot. I picked it up & took it home. I didn't notice its feet til my Mom said the cat looked deformed. He had 6 toes on all 4 feet and that was the first time I ever saw or heard of polydactyl cats. He grew up and one out of a litter of kittens we had from him had 6 toes on all 4 feet as well. This was a grey striped female and when she had kittens she had one all black kitten with a white spot on her chest that had 7 toes on three feet & 6 toes on one hind foot. I kept this cat and named her Cougar Ann. When I married & moved away I took this cat with me and through the years she had several litters of kittens. At least one kitten in each litter would have one or two feet with 6 toes, but none ever had her 7 toes and none ever had 6 toes on all four feet like their great granddaddy cat or their grandmommy cat. Strange how that works out in cats.

Minamommy
03-08-2014, 10:10 PM
That little kitten is the cutest ever.

Maddy
03-09-2014, 03:00 AM
That little kitten is the cutest ever.

Thank you, Kim! :) Harper never went to live with my friend, she stayed right here with me. :th_biggrin: She is so much bigger now!